Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jarre
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Just let me know time and I'll prevent my cat from walking over laptop keyboard lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Mezlo
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Originally posted by Firewind View Post
    I've not heard anything from Yyg all week so I don't know.
    Yeah, me either... I wished him a Merry Christmas, twice actually, lol, and haven't heard back from him...

    Leave a comment:


  • Firewind
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    I've not heard anything from Yyg all week so I don't know. I don't currently have plans on Saturday but any word would be greatly appreciated so I know if I should make plans or not.

    EDIT: Ninja'd. Let us know times ASAP please Yyg .

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Yes. We are. I just have to nail down a time... and get a hold of TM... since I haven't spoken to him in over a month.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jarre
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Hope so

    Leave a comment:


  • Mezlo
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    So we are on for this Saturday, yes?

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Originally posted by Armando View Post
    I've actually been wanting to see an enlarged Jarre.
    Lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Interesting considering Jarre is currently 6ft high does that make him 12ft high with a 10ft reach, sounds a good strategy for boss fighting.
    Pretty much. Enlarge Person is basically a can of whoop-ass and almost every time Mezlo's cast it the battle ends shortly afterwards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jarre
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Interesting considering Jarre is currently 6ft high does that make him 12ft high with a 10ft reach, sounds a good strategy for boss fighting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Firewind
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    You know after this encounter I think Lili might start packing Levitate more often.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Maybe Fox's Cunning. I don't get to cast enough offensive spells to be worth Owl's Wisdom.

    Although personally I think we'd get more mileage out of something like Rope Trick or Silence.

    EDIT: If you want some laughs, look at Unnatural Lust and Seducer's Eyes.
    Last edited by Armando; 12-22-2012, 10:53 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Firewind
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Yeah plus given that we have spellcasters, I would say Fox's Cunning and Owl's Wisdom would be better since they increase spell DCs by 2 which means we will get more mileage out of things like Colour Spray and Sound Burst

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Actually, since Jarre's Greatsword is medium, Giant!Jarre could actually dual wield them if he had Two Weapon Fighting Feats to make it worthwhile.
    The weapon grows in size with the wielder, so no dual wield (plus you take a penalty for using weapons of improper size.) His 2d6 (average 7) Great Sword becomes 3d6 (average 10.5), and of course the range doubles. That's in addition to the +2 STR.

    If you have two spell slots to devote to buffing, I'd argue it's better to pack two Enlarge Person than one Enlarge Person + Bull's Strength. Two enlarged people will do better than en Enlarged person with Bull's Strength, especially when you consider the insane range both would cover and the fact that each person would have a separate count for attacks of opportunity. Plus, Enlarge Person takes up a lower level spell slot leaving you with more room for second level spells.

    Leave a comment:


  • Firewind
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    Yeah I could take Bull's Strength too. +4 STR is basically +10% to hit and +2 damage and + God Knows What to Combat Manoeuvres add that with making someone Large and you can see why I'm happy with being the Wizard with Sneak Attack in Combat and a Rogue with Spells out of combat for now until I can start taking Arcane Trickster levels.

    Actually, since Jarre's Greatsword is medium, Giant!Jarre could actually dual wield them if he had Two Weapon Fighting Feats to make it worthwhile.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Actually putting Bull's Strength on myself would be fun too since +2 on top of my Sneak Attack damage makes that +1 Dagger I have pretty nice and more attractive than the regular Rapier that I have for when I need to help someone flank a mob.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: General Discussion

    I've actually been wanting to see an enlarged Jarre. He already does pretty high damage at his normal size.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X