Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

A little from column A, a little from column B.
    Last edited by DakAttack; 09-24-2012, 07:23 AM. Reason: congrats

Comment

Congrats Feba, I wish you and your sweetheart the very best.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Congrats Feba! (pics or it didnt happen)
        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
        RANK 10 Bastok
        CoP: Done
        ZM: Done
        ToA: Done
        Assault rank: Captain
        Campaign Medal: Medals
        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Grats Feba!

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
            Congrats Feba! (pics or it didnt happen)
            This also applies to the honeymoon.

Congrats!
            sigpic

Comment

I think Etra's challenging my record for People Made Uncomfortable by Overtly Sexual Posts.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                I think Etra's challenging my record for People Made Uncomfortable by Overtly Sexual Posts.
                All in a day's work.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...tm3o2_1280.jpg
                sigpic

Comment

Huh. So that is a wig in your avatar...

Congrats, Feba! Got the theme of the wedding in mind?
                  Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                  Originally posted by Nandito
                  Ponies.

Duh.
                  You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

I'm more sexually disturbed by Etra's DP. Anyway, how is everyone today? I decided to make a new character. A hume, was trying to get more insight on a supposed rumour I keep hearing. Is Maat RDM the hardest Maat fight? People are saying MNK is, I just wanted to get the spotlight on this.
                    Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Protip from a friend on MNK Maat: Stun Jamadhars.

RDM Maat is probably still the hardest simply because the job gives Maat a lot of tools that you really don't want him to have. If he Blinks up before you can reach him and you whiff on both your Sleeps, you can kiss your Chapeau'd backside goodbye. Oh yeah, and our only AoE is Diaga . . . (unless you want to burn an I. Wing to open the fight with Circle Blade, but that's probably not the best idea in the world, either).

Of course, now that Testimonies have 3 tries to them, this is much less frustrating an endeavor. I won on my third try via melee. The trick is to leave all the Accuracy gear you've been using thus far at home and load up on Attack gear; the three rules are that you're not going to miss Maat, he's not going to miss you, and he's going to hit like a truck, so plan accordingly.

Efficiency during the fight itself is also key: it is highly recommended to make a macro book just for the fight, in fact. The faster you beat Maat down means he's not going to have enough time to get bored and Asuran Spam you to death. Of course, when all was said and done, we were both still in the middle of Chainspell, and the only medicine I needed to use in the middle of the fight was an NQ Vile Elixir (of course, a Super Ether was used after buffing myself while Maat slept). Convert wasn't used. If you pay attention during the fight, you'll undoubtedly achieve a similar blowout.
                      Originally posted by Armando
                      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                      Matthew 16:15

Comment

I still don't think RDM Maat is the powerhouse the community built him up to be, but a resist or an Asuran Fists at the wrong time can pretty much ruin your day.
                        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                        Name: Drjones
                        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Like I said before, I was going to do Maat on RDM on the hume. It seems the prep period before the fight would at least take 3 days. (Skilling up, AF1 Hunting) So I wouldn't be too keen on going down that path, when I could just do SAM again. But then again SAM took me 3 days to skill up and even then I went in with 200 Great Katana and smashed the old man's hip in. Don't get me wrong, I love RDM but at the same time I don't want to be FAILRDM. I've seen some pretty bad RDM's out there and the only one I've seen who has a damn dime of knowledge about the job is Cid and that was when I was on Valefor. I'm on Ragnarok and my resources for information are pretty damn dry. Not to mention I don't want to bring up WHM. Due to the sole fact that if I whiff on Repose during the Maat fight, he'll beat my face in. I've gone 0/6 on WHM.
                          Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                            I still don't think RDM Maat is the powerhouse the community built him up to be, but a resist or an Asuran Fists at the wrong time can pretty much ruin your day.
                            To be fair, "hardest Maat fight" doesn't exactly say a lot about the other Maat fights . . .
                            Last edited by Yellow Mage; 09-24-2012, 07:43 PM. Reason: Though I hear the LB5s for a few of the ToAU and WotG jobs are absolutely brutal!
                            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Well I am still working the kinks out on which job to fight Maat on for Hume. The real question is, if I skill up on RDM will that just be an added bonus or will we still be neck and neck at the end?

Comment

The real question is, if I skill up on RDM will that just be an added bonus or will we still be neck and neck at the end?
                                You're having a race to see who can kill the other first. It's probably not a good idea to go in there 30 Attack short of what you should have.

And now for something completely different.

Comment

Working...
                                X