No announcement yet.

What games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What games are you currently playing?

Originally posted by Melody View Post
    Titans Souls.

How is that? I was thinking about getting that, I might hold out for a sale, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      How is that? I was thinking about getting that, I might hold out for a sale, though.
      If you've played Fez, you'll get more of a nostalgic 8 Bit era feel from it. But the game is pretty short, only about 40 hours of gameplay if you're consistently dying and what not to bosses. (Which is going to happen.) The difficulty/learning curve is on a Dark Souls level. You need to die multiple times to figure out the strategy of the boss. The game is pretty fun though. You can try before you buy, the producer made a prototype/demo of his game. So feel free to play it here. http://clawmark.itch.io/titan-souls Comes with 4 bosses you can kill. The hardest one in that demo is the fucking brain in the ice.
      Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Snagged PT before Konami delisted it. I don't have a PS4, but its at least locked in to my account now.

Otherwise, Deception IV and Etrian Mystery Dungeon for now.

Comment

Been playing the PC version of GTAV. You don't need me to tell you how good GTAV is, and the PC port is most definitely up to snuff. There''s a lot less griefers online as well, plus you get all of the DLC thrown in for free.

It runs pretty flawlessly, and does have 4K support, though it hardly seems worth it as it is actually an upscaled 16:9 resolution that isn't quite 4k, and the framerate tanks. The game runs at a smooth and constant 60FPS at 1080 which is fine by me.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Excited for a new Vania-styled game from IGA, but slightly concerned he's going to Comcept to do it. Mostly because everything Keiji Inafune has associated himself with post-Capcom has been shit or cancelled.

Neptunia? Shit.
            Made the worst Guild 02 game.
            Managed to do a Ninja Gaiden worse than 3.
            Soul Sacrifice? Meeeeeeh.
            Cancelled another 3DS game, after he cancelled MML3.
            MN9 looks janky as hell, too.

Unless IGA gets key players from his PSX/GBA/DS teams, I can't trust this to Comcept.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
              Snagged PT before Konami delisted it. I don't have a PS4, but its at least locked in to my account now.
              Uh yeah, about that... apparently Konami had Sony yank P.T. completely off the servers so if you didn't already have a PS4 and downloaded, you can no longer get it. Even those of us who have it in our account history can no longer download it.

Icemage

Comment

And to add to that, Konami removed the server required to do the license check for P.T on PSN. Booting up P.T and failing that check locks you out of the rest of your PSN games.

Konami is all about burning bridges right now, it seems. They want to scrub that demo off the face of the earth and abandon the console market.
                Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 05-15-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I don't understand Konami at all atm...this close to a Metal Gear release fgs. I won't be buying it but millions will...just weird is all.
                  "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
                  www.raspberrypi.org
                  Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

Not sure if it was mentioned or not but on top of everything else, Kojima has left Konami and the company was actually taken off the stock market o_O

WTF is up with Capcom and Konami?
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Picking up FFXI again since it's free until the 25th. Wanted to see what these Rhapsodies of Vana'diel were all about. Turns out, they're kind of a big deal.

Having completed all Rhapsodies content thus far, Vana'diel is basically my oyster now, so it's just a matter of how I want to use the remainder of the free play period. Leveling more subjobs is a possibility I am only very reluctantly considering. It's a chore I am not looking forward to, even with literally all the experience point bonuses in the world, but the value it provides is undeniable, especially with /PLD effectively obsolete in darn-near every possible way for a RDM main now, leaving me with effectively only /WHM now. (Spontaneity Teleports were very nice to have during Rhapsodies, though.) On the other end of the spectrum, I could simply live in Dynamis now and try to grind enough currency to claim Excalibur for Vana'diel's twilight hours (kinda fitting, actually).

In-between, I could solo Nyzul until I learn Death Blossom (which is apparently a thing that's possible now), finish the various pieces of equipment I was working towards a long time ago (of questionable value, but has some overlap with living in Dynamis), or challenge the remainder of my Mission lines (San d'Oria, Zilart, Altana, Add-ons). That last one is probably the most relevant and plausible to finish in a short time period, so I'll probably do that, followed by leveling DNC to 50 and SCH to 30 (to solo Up In Arms for fun and profit), and if I somehow have any time left over tackle Nyzul Isle for Death Blossom.
                      Originally posted by Armando
                      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                      Matthew 16:15

Comment

MH4U -> Up to 200 hours now...

Getting ready for the FFXIV expansion and kind of looking forward to the Elder Scrolls online for reasons that i can't explain!

I think it's the thought of a new mmo [property] that I haven't played before...which hasn't happened since FFXIV came out to be fair

I'm getting it on PS4. I didn't bother with the PC release as my PC is a little [core2duo] long in the tooth now
                        "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
                        www.raspberrypi.org
                        Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

I picked up Hatred today. Not the smoothest control scheme, but it's decent enough. The impact of the gunshots is pretty satisfying and it's nice to see someone paying attention to aesthetics. There's a real nice bit of color play in there that pops out against the grey tones for stuff that's important, so you get that washed out bleakness without losing the ability to signify important game pieces with bright colors. It's really well done in my opinion.
                          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                          Name: Drjones
                          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Splatoon

Lives up to the hype. I've always been decent at shooters but never really found one I liked. Until now. Game of the Summer, if not the whole dang Year.

Though you can turn them off, the gyro controls work like a dream, so I wouldn't recommend it. Also definitely play through the single-player mode alongside 4v4 battles--defeating the bosses yields scrolls that let you unlock new weapon sets (at least one of which, the Aerospray RG, isn't a bad weapon set at all, and I see it used online a lot). Plus I hear the ending is really good, though I haven't made it that far yet.

Currently I'm rocking the .56 Gal Deco--looking like a stupid rich squidkid, and feeling like a wizard. I would be forever if I were to list everything I love about this game, so instead I'll reiterate my NNID of OchotonidKnight so anyone else here who might have it could join me online.
                            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                            Matthew 16:15

Comment

I'm two trophies away from getting a platinum in the first game I've cared to do so - Freedom Wars. O e is rather mundane, padded out fetching, but the other is steep. Some of the trophies require you not die while facing particular Abductors. Easy enough at more basic levels, hard when the game ramps things up.

Just took down one of the endgame bosses without dying, though, so it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                                Splatoon

Lives up to the hype. I've always been decent at shooters but never really found one I liked. Until now. Game of the Summer, if not the whole dang Year.

Though you can turn them off, the gyro controls work like a dream, so I wouldn't recommend it. Also definitely play through the single-player mode alongside 4v4 battles--defeating the bosses yields scrolls that let you unlock new weapon sets (at least one of which, the Aerospray RG, isn't a bad weapon set at all, and I see it used online a lot). Plus I hear the ending is really good, though I haven't made it that far yet.

Currently I'm rocking the .56 Gal Deco--looking like a stupid rich squidkid, and feeling like a wizard. I would be forever if I were to list everything I love about this game, so instead I'll reiterate my NNID of OchotonidKnight so anyone else here who might have it could join me online.
                                Loving this too! (but still mostly mh4u!)

I'll post my NIN ID when I'm near the WiiU next
                                www.raspberrypi.org

Comment

Working...
                                X