No announcement yet.

What games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What games are you currently playing?

Interpret it however you want

I legitimately enjoyed the plot and characters more than I did back then. X-2 isn't even a "slog-fest" unless you DO grind all the extra stuff; the core game is incredibly short and laughably easy provided you at least get Dark Knight and White Mage. 2 DRK and 1 WHM will pretty much faceroll the main scenario without ever having to grind.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Still playing FFXIV a bit...

Playing way too much of DC Universe Bought some of the packs years ago and never really gave it a good go. Turns out it's okeee fun in small doses!

Last of Us HD -> Probably a waste of money, when I've already finished it on PS3, but it was so good the first time I just couldn't resist...Still a good game bu tI swear the AI is harder now

Also, might be returning to WoW for a bit! Don't hate me...
      "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
      www.raspberrypi.org
      Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        Interpret it however you want

I legitimately enjoyed the plot and characters more than I did back then. X-2 isn't even a "slog-fest" unless you DO grind all the extra stuff; the core game is incredibly short and laughably easy provided you at least get Dark Knight and White Mage. 2 DRK and 1 WHM will pretty much faceroll the main scenario without ever having to grind.
        But you did the trophies, so you DID grind all the stuff. Q.E.D.

Icemage

Comment

Well my new Enrage Gimmick deck is working well in Hearthstone

What is hilarious is that nobody expects Aggro Warrior, so they tend to burn all of their removal in non-threats like Armoursmith and Amani Berserker with predictable results.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Yeah I made a fairly janky Hunter death rattle deck using the new nax cards and it can get kinda scary very fast if Undertaker goes unanswered.

Mad Scientist + Eagle Horn Bow is also quite hysterical.
            sigpic

Comment

I should show you my Deathrattle Deck some time. Well I'll have to post a screenshot or make a video of it in action when I start recording again since Blizzard wont let you region hop with your cards. Currently running with the following:

Killed by Death

Basically it's a Paladin Aggro deck that abuses Equality and Doomsayer to pretty much guarantee that Deathrattle will always go off while abusing the hell out of Baron Rivendere, Sylvannas, Tirion Fording and Carine Bloodhoof, as well as the stickiness of Sludge Belcher and the sheer hilarity of Feugen and Stalagg.

I have Undertakers in the deck but they are mostly there to bait removal away from my really big threats. Doomsayers also cause people to make some very stupid decisions, like burning a ton of removal or throwing creatures at it. It's hilarious when you have Doomsayer + Redemption out because it pretty much guarantees a board wipe and all the Deathrattle effects triggering.
              Reiko Takahashi
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Finished Baldur's Gate. The final boss fight is all kinds of bullshit even with the benefits of min/maxing. The game is not well balanced. It adheres strictly to the 2nd edition D&D ruleset without the requisite Dungeon Master to go with it so the encounters can be tailored to the party that exists rather than some theoretical party that rolls natural 20s for everything. Still a good game though.

Now on to Baldur's Gate 2 where they learned from so many of their previous mistakes.
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                  I should show you my Deathrattle Deck some time. Well I'll have to post a screenshot or make a video of it in action when I start recording again since Blizzard wont let you region hop with your cards. Currently running with the following:

Killed by Death

Basically it's a Paladin Aggro deck that abuses Equality and Doomsayer to pretty much guarantee that Deathrattle will always go off while abusing the hell out of Baron Rivendere, Sylvannas, Tirion Fording and Carine Bloodhoof, as well as the stickiness of Sludge Belcher and the sheer hilarity of Feugen and Stalagg.

I have Undertakers in the deck but they are mostly there to bait removal away from my really big threats. Doomsayers also cause people to make some very stupid decisions, like burning a ton of removal or throwing creatures at it. It's hilarious when you have Doomsayer + Redemption out because it pretty much guarantees a board wipe and all the Deathrattle effects triggering.
                  I love Sunwalker/Tirion + Redemption, such a fucking annoying combo to deal with. Not quite as aggravating as an Earth Elemental with Ancestral Spirit IMO but still table-flip worthy.

EDIT: It's also worth pointing out that Death Rattles occur by time-stamp; So if say you play Anu'bar Ambusher & Harvest Golem on the same turn, you want to play the golem second so that way if the Spider dies, it will do the bounce effect before you get your 2/1 golem.
                  sigpic

Comment

Finished Danganronpa 2. I had a lot of fun with it, though sadly because of the genre (Murder Mystery Visual Novel) it's hard to discuss it without giving away massive spoilers.

Also this arrived this morning:

Not pictured: Diablo III and FFXIV ARR

Destiny I need to play more of to get an impression of it but I'm liking it so far. So far it basically feels like Warframe with magic. One thing I love is that it is very optimistic compared to your general Modern Military Shooters and generic Space Marine FPS games. The game really isn't brown and grey as well, I do like that the scenery actually has a palette that isn't rust, mud, dirt or muzzle flash.

Last of Us Remastered and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate are great. I had them on PS3, and I'm happy they they are both actually playable now given they run at 60FPS, something very important for games like these two. Both have enough extra content to warrant picking them up on the PS4, and WO3:U even lets you import your PS3 save data. The only bad thing I have to say is that OW3:U only has Japanese voices so you may want to turn them off if you don't want the police kicking down the door because a lot of the female battle cried so sound like you are doing unspeakable things to a child. The only bad thing I have to say about The Last of Us Remsatered is: why the fuck wasn't it at 60FPS in the first place, when the PS Vita, the VITA can run games more demanding at better framerates.

Diablo III really surprised me. The controls are great, and the adjusted camera angle really helps. From what colleagues have told me, you an have a LOT of stuff going on at once on the screen and the framerate barely budges. After the disappointment that was the PC version (especially when Torchlight 2 and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light came out right after and did everything better) and my reluctance to pick it up again, I'm pretty glad that my colleagues did talk me into it.

FFXIV ARR is basically the PC version (so it is actually playable), I only really picked it up because I already had a PS3 to PS4 upgrade for it. Seriously, just don't touch the PS3 version of the game over the PC or PS4 version. You need only do a couple of Titan Ex and Leviathan Ex runs to see why playing this game locked at 30FPS is frankly unplayable (and the game often dips to sub 20 on the PS3). While T5 and Extreme Primals are tolerable with a PS3 player in the group,iIt's that bad you have to actively kick PS3 players out of Second Coil groups.
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Yeah I've seen a lot of PS3 players even during 1st coil utterly rage about their PS3 performing like shit.

So, The Crucible is officially my bitch. I am something like 19/20+ games now in PvP, I've literally lost a single game and even then it was very close. I don't have the most monstrous K/D but 2.48's pretty good I feel and I'm having a blast. The bulk of my deaths are usually getting triple teamed and/or super'd all to hell anyway XD I've lost maybe 4, 5 1 on 1 fire fights so far (I'm not exaggerating, my stats are there for people to see not quite in such detail but they're there.)

I hate Warlock players. I really do. It's annoying being killed by Golden Gun but then it's whatever, at least that skill has to be armed in advance and it's not always a guaranteed kill. And for the Titan one they have to get in close so if rush you like that again, whatever. Nova Bomb is just stupid. Long range (and even homing with an upgrade) AoE that basically can't be stopped once activated and just BLEH gtfo tired of having sprees ended by that bullcrap. Maybe I'm just being overly pissy but I tend to view warlocks as the no-skill/brains just push button to win class - it would certainly explain why the vast majority of players I encounter are warlocks (followed by hunters and then hardly any Titans actually.)
                      sigpic

Comment

Warlocks were always going to be popular because Sunwalker got literally all of the support skills, so if you like magic or just being a support then Warlock if your only real way to go.

I main Hunter and while Golden Gun is very powerful, you don't get that many shots and you actually have to aim it so you need to get kind of close to line up the shot/.

Titans are a lot more useful in PvE content though because of the crowd control. Shame more people don't play it because the PvE content is a lot of fun. It's basically Warframe with magic.
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Yeah speaking of PvE, I kinda ruined it a bit for myself by playing so much PvP - I basically facerolled most of the story. I'm just coming up to the Mars missions now, but I'm still over-levelled lol (19) but not as much as I was on the Moon or Venus.

So yeah, don't play PvP too much if you want to enjoy the story because you gain EXP insanely fast in PvP (if you're good anyway). Also, you don't get crucible marks or vanguard marks until you hit 18 btw.

Strikes are freaking awesome, love them. It's just playing hitting up the roulette in FFXIV but with guns :D (sadly my 1st raid was ruined by both of my douche bag team mates quitting on me, didn't even get to report 'em).

I did finally get to trying out the Blade Dancer subclass and HOLY CRAP it's everything I'd hoped for. They need to extend the range of blink strike though, because it's nowhere near as good as the throwing knives of the Gunslinger but otherwise it's pretty badass. I don't have even half the skills unlocked and I'm loving it - curious to try it out in PvP to see if Arc Blade 1-shots people or not. If it does then I can not wait to use it in conjunction with cloaking - just run around a corner into a group of people and go all Serah Kerrigan on their asses
                          sigpic

Comment

Actually really enjoying Diablo III on the PS4. They designed the controls so that it feels like your standard Twin Stick Shooter which is frankly genius and makes it feel perfectly natural to play the game using a pad. Single player is Offline by default, and you can have 4 player Local Co-Op. So you know how people always played Diablo II offline or by LAN? Yeah Blizzard finally realised why always online is a fucking stupid idea.

One really nice addition is the ability to quick sort your loot via D-Pad, and the ability to quickly mark trash drops. Another nice addition if that anyone can pick up loot regardless of who it is for, and it goes to the right person automatically. You can sort at any time as well so there's no worries about it timing out. It also tells you if you have a new ability or glyph.

The only bad thing I have to say about the game s the ant-aliasing is dreadful but that is something I can ignore because the gameplay is fun. Oh and the price point, but keep in mind that it is the base game plus expansion that you are buying.

But yeah, so far I'm actually quite enjoying this, and it's not often I prefer the console port of a PC game...

Oh and they finally released the DLC for DW8 on the PC. The bonus stage ones are the only ones worth getting, if only for the nostalgia of being able to play your favourite stages from the old games in a new engine. I wouldn't bother with the other unless you like the costumes or the pay to win weapons. Though to say which is he best version of that game out of the PC, PS4 and Vita versions is tricky. I'm actually leaning more PC, if only because I never see any framerate drops (I have a 120Hz monitor and it does run fine at 120FPS if you unlock the framerate), that said, not using the PS4 textures is pretty inexcusable.
                            Last edited by Firewind; 09-11-2014, 05:01 AM.
                            Reiko Takahashi
                            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Started Etrian Odyssey Untold's on Classic/Normal. Either I'm just used to how it played before or Normal feels easier.

Love the Quick Travel option as a reward for precise mapping. Very smart design choice.

Comment

I liked Reaper of Souls just fine on PC, it's just that the devs' approach to balance appalls me so horribly I can't tolerate it anymore. The game is RNG piled on top of mountains of yet more RNG. I'm sorry but basing endgame balance and build viability entirely around the loot you find, with a completely randomized loot pool at the start of every game you join is just nonsense. Gear is supposed to compliment player decisions, not make them for you. It wouldn't be as bad if there were proper loot tables and/or trading but the removal of trades (even among clan mates) on top of 100% RNG loot just ruined the game for me. I'm not wasting anymore time trying to farm that stupid sword I need for my Crusader build to work.

Nevermind that melee is classes are completely dead past Rank 30 greater rifts (everything 1-shots you) and on top of that Barbarians are still paper-thin and basically have to pray for the perfect dungeon layouts with no fire or electric property elites. The game is actually getting worse than LoD was, if you can believe that. Sure the enemies don't have immunities but they make up for it with ridiculous dps and HP (and often overpowered affix combinatoins like jailer waller frozen arcane all in one which basically means you're gonna die)

Still loving Destiny though. Level 20 now (almost 21) finished the main story and loving the Strikes & PvP. I do find it strange however that Raid bosses seem to scale with level - either that or there are hard damage caps. For example i was doing a level 12 moon strike at level 19, and I thought it would be a complete faceroll but it wasn't - we actually wiped a couple a of times (both my team mates were 20). It's doubly annoying considering that while dropped loot always scales to your level, rewards don't - so the few things I was given at the end were iLv 12. So you can't really farm low level strikes and there's not much incentive to do them unless you get a Bounty that specifies the boss.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X