No announcement yet.

What games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What games are you currently playing?

Hardly what I'm complaining about. If I were going to mention that I'd just be griping about there being some subpar writing.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
      Played some Wilhelm today and wasn't terribly impressed. He's just a dude that gets higher numbers and has pets. Nothing terribly compelling, especially when compared to Nisha's fast and furious gameplay.
      He's a lot like Axton yes, though far less douchy. Axton was just insufferable at points. Plus that tree in particular has awesome laser specialties and his pet trees are both very interesting. Athena seems to be the best designed of the 4 of them though from what I've gleaned so far.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

14 years later, Blitzball still sucks.

Comment

^ you're crazy.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Any game where you have to bust out a spreadsheet to find out if a pass or tackle is going to work or not both fails in terms of fun gameplay and displaying and providing information to the player.

And even then "Pass to Tidus, Jecht Shot and hide behind he goal for the rest of the match,. Rinse and repeat until you have Attack Reels" doesn't really make thing muh more interesting.
            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
            Reiko Takahashi
            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Freedom Wars for the PS Vita arrived...it's a little bit like "Gods Eater" almost the same but without the eating...!

GFX are ok, sounds good and the gameplay is pretty frenetic. 3rd person action, blades and guns. Crafting etc...you can attach yourself to monsters and do up close damage to various parts - severing weapons and limbs from them is no some fights. Kind of where MH should be by now...

If you have a Vita and liked "Gods Eater / MH" (bare in mind that it's more like the former tho) I recommend it (already!)

The only thing pissing me off now is the battery life as per bloody usual...Grrr.
              "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
              www.raspberrypi.org
              Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

In a an odd turn of events...it turns out that Freedom Wars was just the antidote that I needed for my Destiny addiction, barely touched it since

It's a great little game. More Gods Eater than MH and actually has a story with many in-game spoken cut scenes and the odd pre-rendered jobbies. It's great.

Things which might put some off:

1. Grind - looting for weapon upgrades etc
                2. There's no armor in the game, it's all about style and weapons
                3. All spoken dialogue is in native Japanese with English subs - you might be able to change the subs language but not the spoken. I like this but others might not.

4. Internet - It has pvp and coop mode (easiest way to reduce your prison sentence which is oddly the reward for success!) but so far it's been a bit patchy for me. Could be my router etc. but what I have played was really good

I won't go into the story etc - there are lets plays out there that do that better than I can - but I just thought I'd share these few thoughts with you all!

Added this to my list of favourite Vita games
                "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
                www.raspberrypi.org
                Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

So I downloaded SMTIV in the last moments of its sale. So far the game's presentation is pretty . . . well, tryhard, for lack of a better term. Also I can already tell this game's going to get grindy after the effectively luck-based mission that was the Naga fight. And yes, I did fuse Pele specifically for that fight, and yes it still took me an additional three tries to beat it even after doing so. So . . .

I'm thinking about getting GunVolt and MK7, now that I have a bigger SD card to hold more-or-less whatever I feel like. GunVolt because the early-bird promotion on that ends this month, and MK7 because I learned just yesterday that it has the SNES Rainbow Road in it (and I suppose it might be good practice for when I eventually get MK8).
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                  Matthew 16:15

Comment

Nice SMTIV is supposed to be hard, from what I've read about it...
                    www.raspberrypi.org

Comment

Freedom Wars.
                      Persona Q.

Constantly back and forth between those two right now, both devouring time, battery and social life as I keep playing them.

Comment

Is it bad that I find throwing a Lv1 Teddie under FOEs oddly satisfying?
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I just bought Dragon Age: Inquisitions. Has anyone played it? Like or dislike it? I loved Dragon Age II and Dragon Age origins...
                          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                          RANK 10 Bastok
                          CoP: Done
                          ZM: Done
                          ToA: Done
                          Assault rank: Captain
                          Campaign Medal: Medals
                          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                            I just bought Dragon Age: Inquisitions. Has anyone played it? Like or dislike it? I loved Dragon Age II and Dragon Age origins...
                            This seems as good a time as any to shamelessly plug AndBetter's YouTube channel.

I haven't played it but these idiots seem to like it enough to keep coming back for more.
                            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                            Name: Drjones
                            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

miss you cid
                              75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                              RANK 10 Bastok
                              CoP: Done
                              ZM: Done
                              ToA: Done
                              Assault rank: Captain
                              Campaign Medal: Medals
                              Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                              This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                                Much better than 2 in every way. Also Iron Bull and Dorian are the best characters ever. I think Origins had the stronger combat system, but Inquisition is a very good game. The only bad thing I have to say so far is that the game does nothing to explain what is actually going on in the beginning unless you have read all of the tie in novels and comic books, and seen the anime. That said Dragon Age's lore is basically Warhammer with the serial numbers filed off so there's not that much to learn if you like Warhammer.
                                Reiko Takahashi
                                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                                X