Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

Ah the joys of being the administrator.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Re: Official bored at work / just shooting the shit / no rails to derail thread

He's not even making much of an effort these days.

Comment

Yeah.

Not to mention Lago (Copy) is like, what? Level 5 and still in starting gear?

Seriously TMâ„¢ stop fooling around! You still have to help me complete Moogle and Brew Shinryu so I can get that atma.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

One of our officers was shot and killed last night.

CIS News Articles

This happened very shortly after I left from my shift at 0100 hours, and I was the operator working the St. Pete radio last night up until that time. It's quite possible I was one of the last people to speak to him.

I never met him in person but I have a working relationship with all of the field officers. We are extremely professional while communicating via radio, but we all are able to laugh and joke around while talking over the phone with matters that can't be resolved over the radio. I'm very saddened by this ... and haunted by the fact that I really missed it by minutes. I can't imagine the horror of those who were working last night when this took place.

My heart goes out to his family and friends. I didn't know him very well as I didn't speak to him very often (I usually operated on different radios), but I know that he was a dedicated field officer and that he will be missed.

And I also know that there is a special place in hell for the asshole who did this. Fuck this world.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

This is a better article, for those of you who are interested. Security officer found shot to death at St. Petersburg apartment complex - St. Petersburg Times

As of now I believe there has been no progress on the shooting, however, after having lost three St. Pete officers in the last seven months and two more in Tampa a few months before that, this will be a high priority case. I really hope they find the bastard that did this.
          sigpic

Comment

Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

Copied off the end of the last OT thread and started a new one.
            Last edited by Taskmage; 05-17-2011, 12:10 PM.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Re: Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

Oh snap! Well let's see if this does anything good for teh intersites.
              sigpic

Comment

It certainly loads faster. Just closing the old one took me forever.

Comment

What..? What? WHAT?!

Where am I? What is this strange new place? >_<

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Also, does posting in this thread cost more MP and have some enhanced effect? o_O
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Lol. Well I'm glad to know that it wasn't just on my end.

In other news, season finale of NCIS tonight. I'm very glad I have today and tomorrow off. I had a job interview today, it didn't go spectacularly but I don't think I really wanted to work for them anyway. (But it never hurts to go in and see.)

I'm still just in "holy crap how did that happen" mode. I mean I talked to him like, thirty minutes before I left for the night. I was probably the last person in Ops to talk to him. Possibly the last, considering the time of night and the unlikelihood that there were any late night community contacts. I mean, there was nothing I or anyone in Operations could have done for him - if he sensed danger, he would have called out over his radio, and he did not. Basically, he was taken by surprise and it wasn't until later when we did an hourly status check that we realized something was wrong. And I know this, but I still feel like ... damn.

It makes you kind of doubt your role when you're in the back and something like this happens and even though you were 100% powerless against it, you feel like you should have been able to do something. And yet, we weren't. I mean how much good is the dispatch center when something like this can still happen seemingly out of nowhere? It just really ... sucks.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                      Also, does posting in this thread cost more MP and have some enhanced effect? o_O
                      The effect is actually diminished, but you can cast it on other people now.

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/off...hread-754.html

Just to have a link back to the original

Comment

Why did the old thread get killed?
                          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                          Name: Drjones
                          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Summon Armando
                            ImageShack&#174; - Online Photo and Video Hosting

First crack
                            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post

Oh you

The image is a tad dull though. Here's an idea: use Bob Ross and replace the painting with the math.

Also my OCD obligates me to point out that there's a typo in the last line. "No detail is too small..."

Comment

Working...
                              X