Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

Aaaaaaaannd another weekend goes by and I hear nothing from anyone.

sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
      Aaaaaaaannd another weekend goes by and I hear nothing from anyone.

Awww Aks... You have us on FFXIonline!

Comment

While I appreciate that, you guys aren't going to help me feel less cooped up in my apartment. I specifically get one weekend day off every week in the hopes that someone will want to do something - I understand people don't want to go out on weeknights - but it's been like five weeks now since anyone has wanted to do anything and there's only so much drinking alone a person can stand.
        sigpic

Comment

Yea, I know that all too well.

I joined IMVU due to my loneliness, and I've met so many awesome people all over the world. Sure, I don't talk to them, or visit them in person, but they feel like family to me, and as if they are true friends. I even found a girlfriend on there, which we talk each night, and are on the phone with each other for long periods of time.

Join a social website, or chat room for people near you. Try going to your local hobby shop, and getting into a few hobbies there, such as a D&D group. D&D players are great friends, and help pass time so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
            Yea, I know that all too well.

I joined IMVU due to my loneliness, and I've met so many awesome people all over the world. Sure, I don't talk to them, or visit them in person, but they feel like family to me, and as if they are true friends. I even found a girlfriend on there, which we talk each night, and are on the phone with each other for long periods of time.

Join a social website, or chat room for people near you. Try going to your local hobby shop, and getting into a few hobbies there, such as a D&D group. D&D players are great friends, and help pass time so much.

Comment

Seriously Dak? If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post at all. I'm getting tired of you, really.

Comment

Dak has been on my ignore list for a while now. I don't need him (or anyone else) to kick me while I'm down, as I am perfectly capable of doing it myself.

Went for a short drive, didn't feel like stopping anywhere. So I'm back home before I either run out of gas or drive off a bridge or something.
                sigpic

Comment

Yea, I probably should add him to it as well. People like him are just idiots who have nothing to contribute to society.

Driving does help though, even going for just a walk. I mean, you could even Google local activities near where you live though as well. That is how I found a D&D group, even though it didn't last long lol.

Comment

I tried but Googling always gives me shitty results. I found a whole bunch of stuff for events that have long past and plenty of other things that were not free even though I was Googling free things to do in the area. It doesn't help that I have no funds at all, that makes it difficult to go out and do stuff, and I don't want to be seen as a mooch right of the bat with anyone I might happen to meet.

I may just try to sign up to one of those online sites to meet people, kind of like a dating site but for people who want to make friends. Or maybe I should sign up for a dating site, it's clear none of the prospects (if you can even call them that) here are going anywhere.

I wish I hadn't been so close to just one person. But I never expected to lose him. Unfortunately, he's the only person I really just want to be there to talk to, and I have no idea how to fill that void. Especially when the other friends I have aren't really there for me except when it's convenient to be. I never went out of my way to ignore these people - we were just never that close. And I had my one guy so I didn't need to have these other friends be like super close. But now I want to be maybe a bit closer to some of these people but apparently they don't. So like 95% of the time I have no one.

I wish I could afford a dog.
                    sigpic

Comment

She can ignore me, but she can't ignore the can of helium I sent to her house. Fingers crossed!

Sorry I have nothing to contribute to the off-topic thread. I thought it was off-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                        I wish I hadn't been so close to just one person. But I never expected to lose him. Unfortunately, he's the only person I really just want to be there to talk to, and I have no idea how to fill that void. Especially when the other friends I have aren't really there for me except when it's convenient to be. I never went out of my way to ignore these people - we were just never that close. And I had my one guy so I didn't need to have these other friends be like super close. But now I want to be maybe a bit closer to some of these people but apparently they don't. So like 95% of the time I have no one.

I wish I could afford a dog.
                        It is a bit hard to deal with not having a person in your life. I may only be 21, but I have been with a person that I loved for quite a while, but when she was gone, everything went down hill for me. Sure, I have my family, but they can't fill the void of having a person being there with you, for you. Just cheer up, and put a smile on your face, you will find another who will be great for you, and I hope you do.

As for the dog bit, they do help, but only for a little bit. Yes, they are great listeners, but they can't give you advice when you need it the most.

Comment

I fill the empty hole in my soul with video games.

Looots of video games.
                          Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                          Originally posted by Nandito
                          Ponies.

Duh.
                          You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandito View Post
                            Looots of video games.
                            That maybe true, but video games get boring after a bit. That's why I spend most of my time on IMVU. Its a great place to role play, and meet new people. :3

Its free to join, but if you want to make a good avatar, you need to pay about 5$ (If you use the correct reseller.), or spend lots of time doing their free surveys and such. There are people who will give you items for free as well on there if you find the right people.

Comment

Good news: Back in Asia yaaaaay!
                              Bad news: Went to Taiwan fuuuuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                                Good news: Back in Asia yaaaaay!
                                Bad news: Went to Taiwan fuuuuck!
                                They all look the same.
                                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                                X