Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

I still offended that I didn't get picked.

Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Melody View Post
      I would appreciate it if you didn't speak ill of someone who is in possible poor health and can't defend themselves from your insult.

Like I said, I don't wish her any ill, but I dislike her, immensely, for reasons that have nothing to do with DiV or the Final Fantasy community. Sooo, not getting into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
      In other news, I don't know why people are still all "Man how ridiculous that Murphie and Yyg are mods," because I'm fairly certain we haven't done anything particularly offensive during that time. People are just weird.
      It was a little bit out of left field, honestly. Well, not with Yyg, but most of us never saw you becoming a mod (don't mean that negatively. Just didn't see it coming.)
      Last edited by Etra; 09-01-2012, 11:23 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

My beef with Yyg and Murphie as mods is that when the two of you get going on someone, you have no idea how brutally mean you can be. You're like bullying buddies. There's a line between "friendly ribbing" and "all out beat-down" and the two of you together manage to cross it on a frequent basis - and I have observed this while lurking, without being involved in the slightest. I find it highly inappropriate.

I'm not saying don't have a good time or don't throw up a funny jab or two, but you have to consider how far to take it before it's too far. Perhaps I'm the only one who sees it? But there have been times where one of you has been ragging on someone, then the other joins in, and a few pages later, your "target" has given up and the two of you are still throwing punches and stroking each others' egos at the same time. It's a little nauseating, if you ask me. I've left a few times because of it and I keep coming back because I rather like others in the community, but this is what I see, as someone who has been a target of this shit and also watched it from the sidelines.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
          My beef with Yyg and Murphie as mods is that when the two of you get going on someone, you have no idea how brutally mean you can be. You're like bullying buddies. There's a line between "friendly ribbing" and "all out beat-down" and the two of you together manage to cross it on a frequent basis - and I have observed this while lurking, without being involved in the slightest. I find it highly inappropriate.
          Considering that seems to be the requirement under the Tasky administration I say Etra qualifies for the job.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

So I had an extremely detailed dream involving the Koopalings last night. Like, so detailed that trying to recall it all would be akin to recalling every detail of a particular movie after like, one and a half viewings.

It was somewhat grimdark (Bowser smoked, Wendy O. and Ludwig Von balked at the idea of wasting alcohol as a plot point), but I had to best each of them in some kind of random performance challenge. Larry had extreme bicycling (though it was really easy to me, for some reason). Ludwig Von faced me personally in underwater wrestling. Everything in-between (they were the first and last, of course) is all a spin and a blur. It didn't help that, when wanting to confront Bowser, I has to go through smaller versions of all their challenges again, but consecutively this time. I did, but getting to Bowser was still a pain in the butt after that. I was prompted to play a level of platforming hell, but after losing once, I decided to drop it and go through something else. It's a blank what happened next until I woke up, but stuff did happen.

But, yeah. Weird.
            Originally posted by Armando
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Originally posted by Armando
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
              Considering that seems to be the requirement under the Tasky administration I say Etra qualifies for the job.
              Only thing is, I don't carry it on. I'm mean in one post and then stop when you/they do.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                Perhaps I'm the only one who sees it?

No, you're just the only person who is so goddamn sensitive about what lonely, lonely men say on the internet.

Comment

BITCH I AIN'T LONELY. I HAD A THIRD DATE TONIGHT.

Also, the list of people that Yyg and I could be said to have been actively mean to:

Aksannyi. And mean isn't really the word I'd use.
                  Takelli, because he is dumb and his posts are dumb.
                  Raydeus because he asks for it and gives as good and often as he gets.
                  Taskmage because we need to keep him humble.

Comment

Taskmage because we need to keep him humble.
                    A job at which you all consistently fail.
                    Last edited by Taskmage; 09-01-2012, 08:56 PM.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

It's not our fault that you're so awesome. I mean, shit.

Comment

BITCH I AIN'T LONELY. I HAD A THIRD DATE TONIGHT.

Oh ho!

You all know what the third date means!

at least, according to etra

Comment

Scrabble night?

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                            Oh ho!

Third? I'm not catholic.

FIRST DATE OR BUST! (Or, I guess, we want the bust?)

- - - Updated - - -

Raydeus because he asks for it and gives as good and often as he gets.
                            bow chika wow-ow.
                            sigpic

Comment

Final update on the job I put in for:

I work as second in command to Boss Lady, at least until the regular Number 2 is ready to come back (if he comes back after his accident, it's been nearly three months). Today and tomorrow are my manager days. This means that I have to work in a scheduling capacity for any emergency schedule issues and fix any schedule issues that come up during the overnight shifts.

I was just advised by Boss Lady to remove a certain officer from the schedule for the rest of the week. That certain officer is the same officer that was interviewed for the same job I was after, and also the same officer that, according to scuttlebutt, was a shoo-in for the job. I didn't ask Boss Lady why as it's not my business and I'm just told to do things on a regular basis, but I can read between the lines.

Like I said before, it isn't like I expected to be given the job, but I am disappointed that I wasn't interviewed, spoken to, or otherwise given any sort of shot for it, especially considering my background with the work involved and my knowledge of agency practices.

sigpic
                              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                                Oh ho!

Yeah, I thought that's what the third date meant too. But my place is a wreck and he has houseguests this weekend. So...yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X