Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
And why is there no mention of Pankration with all this talk of PVP and stuff?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
That wasn't the point. They get asked over Corsair as healer in merit point partys and asked as Main Healer of merit partys a lot, that was the point.Originally posted by AkashimoBold: Yea....no. Red Mage cures don't quite cut it compared to White Mages. 1) Half the time red mages use cure 4 where a whm would either need to cure 5 or cure 3. 2) The real cures are Regen II/III + merits.
Anything else is a different topic.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
I wish SE would address capital letters in tags... Why, oh why, will <Me> or <T> not work?!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
Heh /anon dosen't help me very much. People know I am a RDM and bug me every chance they get wether or not I am on the job. I turn down about 5 blind invites a day. Hell I even get invites while I am in parties. Even with some of my other jobs doing group things I get begged to use my RDM and take the level cap so we can have refresh. Being one of the top 3 most demanded jobs can get very very anoying. I wouldnt go as far as blacklisting, but people need to show a little more respect to others. I have a really good BRD friend who just got his theif to 75 and got that wicked dagger (name slips my mind its the multi hit one thats like 3 mil.) We went to a party and someone who knew he had a bard pleaded with him to go and get it. Eventually the other 4 left because he refused to play bard, although not my loss we went and duo'd for xp in campaign but some people just need to grow up.
As for away, only when I am soloing.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
I'm gonna have to agree with Feba there.Originally posted by Feba View PostYOU DO NOT TAKE FEATURES OUT BECAUSE SOMEONE MIGHT ANNOY YOU TO USE THEM.
Its like saying trial weapons should be taken out because it would annoy people getting weapon skill points like staff and sword(if your not a pld on sword).
Or take out the citadel because no one likes getting coffers or the massive death trains back in the day.
Underlined: Its a tie with most people I know. Healer is always the first to the spot then cor or brd since they vanish faster than undead at dawn.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostAgain, you show your ignorance. CORs never get hassled for merit PTs. I get a stray invite from time to time. People will come right to me the moment my flag goes up, but since COR doesn't have March or Haste, we're #3 after BRD and RDM for the PT slot. Not to mention RDMs cure pretty good, I can't say the same.
Bold: Yea....no. Red Mage cures don't quite cut it compared to White Mages. 1) Half the time red mages use cure 4 where a whm would either need to cure 5 or cure 3. 2) The real cures are Regen II/III + merits.
Italics: Anyone who's a cor I know of would get hassled to get on it unless they're making the pty as a DD or blm.
Mhmm, must have 99% of the server on it thenOriginally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostFor non-LS situations, I have a search comment. If you don't read it, I blacklist you and my world gets one voice quieter. Simple, eh? The cruel world doesn't make me PT with them.
You know there is the /away /anon function right?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
Again, they aren't well built for it (just look at how long the hike can be from one spawn point to a fight), and there are people that would actually like to use them for their intended purpose.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostYou can have duels in Dioramas, there's no rule saying you can.
First of all, I said "those jobs" in reference to RDM and BRD. Secondly, you are not representative of all CORs. I wouldn't be surprised to see your invite rate is lower simply because of how much of an ass you tend to be. Third, it doesn't matter if you have backbone-- people will bug you about it if they need you. Same as the point I was making. Fourth, if people bug you and you blacklist them, what's the problem with a duel system? Simple, huh? You don't have to duel them just because they ask. Fifth, again, whether you think something is ok or not is irrelevant. It's not ok to harass people to join your party, it's not ok to harass people to use a certain job they don't want to for an LS function, it's not ok to harass someone to PvP. We can all agree with that- YOU DO NOT TAKE FEATURES OUT BECAUSE SOMEONE MIGHT ANNOY YOU TO USE THEM.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostAgain, you show your ignorance. CORs never get hassled for merit PTs.
Again, you are not representative of the whole. I specifically referred to Relic weapons. It also applies to some of the rarer equips-- people used to ask me about my Moogle Rod and Chocobo Wand all the time. That doesn't mean I wasn't still happy to have them, or that SE shouldn't have included it because there was the occasional annoying douche.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostIts extremely rare that I get bugged about gear after I'm checked,
Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostIts not that hard to filter /check. If it bothers you so much FILTER IT.come on, BBQ.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostIt's not /check, it's people bugging you after they see what you have.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
You can have duels in Dioramas, there's no rule saying you can. Dioramas can be reserved by whoever for whatever reason they please, so its not being an asshole to reserve the area for a small period of time.Originally posted by Feba View PostNo. Dioramas can be used by one group at a time, are not inclined towards duels (let alone tournaments), and hogging up an entire diorama just so you and a friend can fight is just plain assholish. An instanced Dojo would solve those problems.
Again, you show your ignorance. CORs never get hassled for merit PTs. I get a stray invite from time to time. People will come right to me the moment my flag goes up, but since COR doesn't have March or Haste, we're #3 after BRD and RDM for the PT slot. Not to mention RDMs cure pretty good, I can't say the same.Plainly, bullshit. Even people knowing you have one of those jobs at a level that's useful to them can be enough.
Hell, look at every BRD out there who leveled another job to 75, and still gets harassed to bring their BRD out instead of their new job.
No one will turn a COR down, but given how few of them there are, we're not a common sight, either. We're well outside the thoughts of the mainstream player most of the time because of the lack of population. Not that I'm complaining, really.
As for BRD and RDM, if you have enough backbone to tell people "no" - especially this in endgame shells - they'll back off on the subject. What merits? Go Campaign, Besieged, quest EXP scroll. I don't give a damn about your EXP buffer.
For non-LS situations, I have a search comment. If you don't read it, I blacklist you and my world gets one voice quieter. Simple, eh? The cruel world doesn't make me PT with them.
Not to mention these days people can usually find a job they enjoy meritting on, not to mention PTs aren't the only way to get EXP and merits now. If BRD is the only mage/support class you've had and you only have melee or tank jobs otherwise, you pretty much screwed over yourself on meritpo and endgame, no one to blame but yourself.
I do disagree with LS leaders that will only accept or use a player as a BRD - those people have no concept of team morale. A good leader will give an opportunity for thier members to shine on the other jobs they've enjoyed. That's the only thing about playing BRD that makes me iffy about the job - some leaders just don't have a good concept of morale and instead see endgame as all-business.
That makes the game suck.
Its extremely rare that I get bugged about gear after I'm checked, though sometimes I am asked how I got my gear. I don't have a problem telling people how I got it. Its not like they're begging for me to sell it to them - I can't, 90% of the stuff is R/E.It's not /check, it's people bugging you after they see what you have. And yes, I've seen it happen.
Its not that hard to filter /check. If it bothers you so much FILTER IT. 99.9% percent of the time, no one is going to ask you about anything you have. Some people just /check to see what other people in thier jobs are using. Kinda helps give people ideas
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
Quite honestly, why would you want to associate with sexist morons anyway? What are GMs going to do, tell them to play nice?
Now I mean, sexual harassment, yes, call a GM. Harassment in any form because of your gender, yes, call a GM. But someone being a bigoted idiot? Not really much you can do about it.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
Shoulda called the mods on their asses for sexism. Assuming Blizzard monitors chat logs, there's no way they could deny it.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
Prime example - http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...tml#post731540Originally posted by Feba View PostIt's not /check, it's people bugging you after they see what you have. And yes, I've seen it happen.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostI've never seen anyone harassed in FFXI over thier gear being checked in FFXI, its just some deep-seated fear JP players have. And really, it only takes place in the Western MMOs.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
No. Dioramas can be used by one group at a time, are not inclined towards duels (let alone tournaments), and hogging up an entire diorama just so you and a friend can fight is just plain assholish. An instanced Dojo would solve those problems.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostBecause its completely uneccessary and there's already a means of getting that fix in-game already, that's why. Its called Diorama-Ghlesa Outpost and Diorama-Poroggo Isle.
Yeah, I thought so; I didn't play too much BST.Originally posted by KingOfZeal View PostFeba:
You can heal with a pet out on BST, but that's the only job.
Plainly, bullshit. Even people knowing you have one of those jobs at a level that's useful to them can be enough.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostNo one harasses CORs for invites, a BRD or RDM can go /anon and you typically stop getting bothered unless you're a real party whore.
Hell, look at every BRD out there who leveled another job to 75, and still gets harassed to bring their BRD out instead of their new job.
It's not /check, it's people bugging you after they see what you have. And yes, I've seen it happen.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostI've never seen anyone harassed in FFXI over thier gear being checked in FFXI,
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
That is seriously the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I've gotten my ass pwnt by women just as often as I have by men (although I will say getting t-bagged by a girl does sting just a little bit more ^^)Originally posted by Brielle View PostAfter a few minutes of silence, I asked the obvious question, "What does being female have anything to do with that?". According to this other guild, women are not as capable players because we lack an aggressive nature. They also believe that women are little more than distractions to a raid group and are to be avoided.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
bahh WoW PvP areas every 2 secs it's duel duel duel right in the middle of a quest duel duel ..... cancle em all you want they just followed me around once for 2 hours untill he took a hint
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
That was too hilarious, I am having a hard time breathing.
______________________________
Sexism mixed with elitism, but of course Blizzard does not do anything about these types of matters.Originally posted by Kailea View Postthat is not elitism...... thats sexism.....and a really poor excuse of it, that guild leader is a moron
Leave a comment:
-
Re: The issues with FFXI that we don't often discuss
Originally posted by Brielle View PostOn the subject of elitism, I always have to laugh about this because I find it so ridiculous.
I played Alliance on a PvP server for most of my WoW career, and our guild was the second for progression on the server behind a rather massive guild which was also Alliance. Many of our guild members were poached with promises of gold and epics, since they had access to raid bosses we were not at yet. Curiously, I was never asked to join their guild. All of our other officers had been asked, but not me. This had me wondering if I was not doing my job correctly, or if I had made a bad impression. Officer channel was buzzing one evening when that guild had asked our guild leader to disband the guild and join them. I spoke up and asked if anyone had a clue as to why I was being overlooked. The channel got very quiet and finally one of them said it was because I was female.
After a few minutes of silence, I asked the obvious question, "What does being female have anything to do with that?". According to this other guild, women are not as capable players because we lack an aggressive nature. They also believe that women are little more than distractions to a raid group and are to be avoided.
I nearly fell out of my chair laughing, I could not believe what I was reading. Of course, I had to say something to their guild leader. He happened to be standing next to me at the mailbox one evening and I was very direct in what I was talking about. He stood by this guideline and that he did not allow women in the guild, not even wives/girlfriends.
If that is not elitism, I am not sure what is
that is not elitism...... thats sexism.....and a really poor excuse of it, that guild leader is a moron
Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: