Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pix of ppl who play ffxi...or at one time played FFXI....for f**ks sake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: pix of ppl who play ffxi...or at one time played FFXI....for f**ks sake...

I am not at all a religious person, but I still find churches and cathedrals to be beautiful places (hence my intense enjoyment of The Pillars of the Earth, a great part of which involved the slow and steady construction of a cathedral). The art piece was interesting, but I was honestly most struck by the sad and proud beauty of its surroundings.

The tree itself is really cool, though. The top is a living tree, rooted in a small bit of earth that just sort of hovers there, vaguely supported by the "roots" of the piece, which aren't roots at all, as you can clearly see. It is watered through a small line of tubing that runs up through it. It's really pretty amazing.

And I wish you could see it too! I wish everyone could see it. So many of the people there honestly said "yeah, this tree is cool, but I've been dying to see the inside of this place for years." It's owned by a local real estate conglomerate, and I just wish they'd do SOMETHING with it. Because for serious, that space is amazing.

Another beautiful (inside) catholic church in Mt. Adams is the Immaculata, which has amazing views of the Ohio River Valley and downtown Cincinnati. This page has some really cool 360 shots that you can pan around in. Every time I visit Mt. Adams (I am a 5 minute walk away, and the place has my favorite Thai restaurant in town), I make a point to stop there and just admire the view.
    Last edited by Murphie; 10-09-2010, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Re: pix of ppl who play ffxi...or at one time played FFXI....for f**ks sake...

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
      I am not at all a religious person, but I still find churches and cathedrals to be beautiful places (hence my intense enjoyment of The Pillars of the Earth, a great part of which involved the slow and steady construction of a cathedral). The art piece was interesting, but I was honestly most struck by the sad and proud beauty of its surroundings.
      Oh I totally agree! The stark white beautiful marble set against the dark rough earth. It was just beautiful. That series was awesome and I wanted it to go on and on.

Wow, I love how the outside of the church is fairly nondescript and then the inside is STUNNING! The first panoramic picture was accompanied by chorale Latin which is some of my favorite relaxation music! (That and Buddhist chanting.) And that organ! Oh lord I want to get an up front view of that and feel the vibrations in the floor nearby when its played. Gorgeous...just gorgeous! I would attend mass there just to see the place in action and admire it. Wow Murphie, thanks for sharing!
      Last edited by TheGrandMom; 10-09-2010, 10:51 PM.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is me! ^.^
        Emeraldpearl

75 Summoner
        37 White Mage

75 Red Mage
        37 White Mage

Currently Leveling: WHM

Comment

Hello "me"! /wave!
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Hello person! I realize that this thread is called "Pics of people who play (or used to play, and stop dithering about it because TGM will seriously kick your ass) FFXI" and not "pictures of churches." So!

Comment

Weren't you supposed to be a fat mess?
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Raydeus, don't you know anything about the gay community?

MURPHIE WHY DON'T YOU JUST BECOME AN ANOREXIC, EVEN THAT WOULD BE HEALTHIER THAN BEING SUCH A FAT PIG. YOU'RE GONNA GET CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE AND CHOKE ON A HOTDOG.

/man murphie you just get hotter and hotter

//possibly gay for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                  Hello person! I realize that this thread is called "Pics of people who play (or used to play, and stop dithering about it because TGM will seriously kick your ass) FFXI" and not "pictures of churches." So!

Murphie, you really need to stop looking so sexy or you are going to end up posted on peoples ceilings.....

...not that I would do that...

Comment

OH MAN THIS GIVES ME AN IDEA.

MURPHIE GO POSE FOR A SEARS AND OR JC PENNY CATALOG SO I HAVE AN EXCUSE TO HAVE A BOOK FULL OF PHOTOS OF YOU IN YOUR UNDERWEAR.

Comment

I suggest that this thread be changed to 'gay pix of people who used to play FFXI.'
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Everyone's a little bit homosexual sometimes.

Especially bbq.

Comment

There is very little sometimes going on here. Far too much full on gay for murphie is going on.

It's really gaying the place up, and Taskmage doesn't have the access to fix it once it's taken hold.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Maybe breaking lines every 16 characters will fix it!
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

It's probably just your browser, Mhurron. Or at least that's what TM would suggest, I'm sure.

And yes, by gay standards I am unfortunately quite fat. It's discouraging.

Comment

Well, I am using Safari.

loose

Comment

Working...
                                X