Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pix of ppl who play ffxi...or at one time played FFXI....for f**ks sake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: pix of ppl who play ffxi...or at one time played FFXI....for f**ks sake...

I hate that it blocks our view somewhat. But on the other hand, you know, fire safety. The thing that sucks is that both pics were taken with the same damn phone. I just have shaky hands.

Comment

• Re: pix of ppl who play ffxi...or at one time played FFXI....for f**ks sake...

Trust me, from someone that lives in the burbs, that view is heavenly. (Fyi, the buzz cut looks nice on you, makes you look like you just got out of the service! I bet if you put a uniform on they'd be standing in line! lol )
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Fun fact: When I was in HS, we did a production of "A Few Good Men," and went to state with it. I looked pretty badass in uniform. Also, I was the only one of the cast who got a real crew cut. We had a marine who was an alumnus there to critique our look, teach us to stand, salute, march, hold guns, etc. He went down the line, and I was the only one who he gave a compliment to.

And yeah, the view can't be beaten. Though...hold up, somewhere I have the view from my old apartment...

Well, not as majestic during the day. At night it was quite nice! Again, apologies: shaky hands.

Comment

I would take a picture of my apartment, but it's messy. Yard sale is coming up so I have stuff kind of everywhere, but it's for the best because I'm hopefully going to make some money.

When I go to see my kids in November, I'll take pics of the 3 of us and post them.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Oh that skyline would be lovely at night, wouldn't it? I'm at the age where I want to live in the city and be able to walk to shit.

I could in the little burb I live in, I'm only 2 blocks off main street. But there is nothing worth walking to! To the north, I have an retirement community, the little restaurant where they all eat at, the hair salon they go to, and the firehouse.

To the south, I have the beginning of the business district on main street, the only worthwhile thing to walk to is the library, there are 6 bars within a couple blocks but since I can not partake thats a waste, and a bank (of course not mine).

To the east, I have rows and rows of suburbia, churches, and in a few blocks, Lake Michigan.

To the west, there is most of the business district and the post office. There is a great florist, a couple little bistros (that are never open), a crappy Italian place, the great antique/resale place went out of business, a bakery that is hit or miss as to if it will be open, gas station, and a couple other business's like a carpet place, daycare, oh and lest I forget.......Bucyrus Erie (makes heavy equipment).
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
              I love the look of the living room and I've always been a sucker for fire escapes.
              You and me both. I wonder if he has a fake fireplace to go with it all. Hehe

Comment

The building was the Kenner Toys factory before it was apartments, so no chimneys. Or at least, not in every unit.

Comment

Bummer...but its still a very beautiful space.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                    The building was the Kenner Toys factory before it was apartments, so no chimneys. Or at least, not in every unit.
                    That architectural style is what I really like, those "red brick" but well worn type of look. Not so much the new spiffy looking ones though. They remind me of overstuffed ivy league institution with an affront to anything that didn't walk through their "hallowed halls".

Comment

Ok, I missed this at first but what is up with the windows on that building! LOL I like the uniqueness of it but how odd!

Comment

Those aren't windows. In the brick part. Those are architectural studs, used to hold the building together. You see them a lot in buildings here.

So, today, I did the most amazing thing. There is this de-consecrated Catholic Church in the Mt. Adams area of Cincinnati. The church has been abandoned since the mid-70s. The outside is well-maintained, but the inside is in ruin. There is an art installation there right now, which is part of the Global Tree Project. It is remarkable. I fell in love with the building. So beautiful on the inside, despite its considerable wear and tear. I took a few shitty pics with my phone (photography wasn't technically allowed), but there is also a video on the actual site for the project, which you can see here.

And here are the bad pics I took:

Comment

I was going to post a reply on the subject, but then realized I've played too much Castlevania and are no longer able to separate reality from fiction. orz
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

de-consecrated
                            This word puzzles me. Is there a Catholic ceremony for making some part of Creation less holy? I wouldn't be staggered but it seems messed up.
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

You just have to remove the holy-ness generator and move it to a new location, of course.
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                                This word puzzles me. Is there a Catholic ceremony for making some part of Creation less holy? I wouldn't be staggered but it seems messed up.
                                All it means is that a group of cardinals and bishops sat around decided which churches were profitable and which where not. They factor in saturation also, so if there are several churches of the same denomination in a short distance of one another, its common for one or more to get the axe...more so if you aren't profitable. After that a decree is given that after a certain date the church is no longer consecrated grounds and therefore no masses can be performed there. When church grounds are used wholly for secular use then they are considered deconsecrated. So a church can become deconsecrated without a decree also.

Murphie, those pictures are gorgeous. I wish I lived nearby because I would love to see that church. In a way it makes me sad to see the beauty of it still striving to shine through even though time is crumbling and cracking the facade.

Comment

Working...
                                X