X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Important Notices

Interesting assumptions.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Wonder if I'll be able to use my skill in taming beasts, have been reading about it just need to confirm dice rolls....

Comment

I'm good for today, but I'd like to keep the session moving as quickly as possible this one time. I can make 3 hours for this, 4 if we're really on a roll, but 5 is out of the question. I'm nearing the end of my online course to finish my degree and gotta make some time to study.

Comment

I think after 4 it will be 2am in the Uk and Paul and I will just about be asleep lol

Comment

1600 EST is 2000 BST Jarre. So it will be midnight if the session is 4 hours.
            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
            Reiko Takahashi
            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Anyone else think Modra was a little bitch?

- - - Updated - - -

The EAW owned his ass... He really DIDN'T know who he was dealing with...
              75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
              RANK 10 Bastok
              CoP: Done
              ZM: Done
              ToA: Done
              Assault rank: Captain
              Campaign Medal: Medals
              Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
              This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

That is because he was never intended to be the boss fight Thannu and the panthers were.
                Reiko Takahashi
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Also: Vince had more kills, one of them being Margaret Thatcher. EAW is slacking.
                  Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                  Name: Drjones
                  Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I think my Sneak Attack Scorching Ray was also one of the biggest single hits of the session. 25 damage in one hit is nothing to sneeze at.

As a note: I get an extra Ray at 7th Level too and Sneak Attack damage stacks with both since Rays are for all intents and purposes, classed at Ranged Attacks. Two hits for 4d6 plus 2d6 damage...Basically if I hit with both Rays when I can apply Sneak Attack damage I can essentially hit for 12d6 damage in one round. That is the potential for a 12-76 total damage hit.

Plus the Rogue levels let me buff up and Flank in battle and also mean I have a ton of out of combat utility with my ridiculous amounts of Class Skills and Skill Ranks and the ability to prepare utility spells when we aren't expecting combat for that day.

I'm reaching the point where my build isn't sucking and loving it. I can't wait until I can actually start taking Arcane Trickster levels but hey, I don't mind taking more Wizard levels since it's more fucking Wizard levels.
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I'm reasonably certain you don't add sneak attack damage to spells until you get the prestige class ability that lets you do that.

Arcane Trickster - Pathfinder_OGC
                      Surprise Spells

Comment

At 10th level, an arcane trickster can add her sneak attack damage to any spell that deals damage, if the targets are flat-footed. This additional damage only applies to spells that deal hit point damage, and the additional damage is of the same type as the spell. If the spell allows a saving throw to negate or halve the damage, it also negates or halves the sneak attack damage.
                        Without the talent you can only apply Sneak Attack damage to spells that require an attack roll. Surprise Spells lets you apply it to ANY spell, like Fireball or Meteor Swarm.
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Wizards...

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                            Also: Vince had more kills, one of them being Margaret Thatcher. EAW is slacking.
                            Though my fighter did take 3/4 of its health down for you and tanked it.

Comment

Actually I just noticed something I want to bring to Yyg's attention:

Invisible Thief (Su)

At 9th level, an arcane trickster can become invisible, as if under the effects of greater invisibility, as a free action. She can remain invisible for a number of rounds per day equal to her arcane trickster level. Her caster level for this effect is equal to her caster level. These rounds need not be consecutive.
                              Going by how that is written I could theoretically go in and out of invisibility at will when it isn't even my turn since going Invisible is a Free Action. While I'm not the kind of player that would abuse that, how would you interpret it? Interested in getting your input on it.
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Going by how that is written I could theoretically go in and out of invisibility at will when it isn't even my turn since going Invisible is a Free Action. While I'm not the kind of player that would abuse that, how would you interpret it? Interested in getting your input on it.
                                I believe a Free Action still needs to be taken during your turn. It's never explicitly stated in the rules, but it just doesn't make any sense otherwise. If you could use Free Actions out of turn, you could drop prone during an enemy's turn if he decides to do a Ranged Attack, or I could drop my Guisarme during the enemy's turn when he 5-foot-steps into my blind spot to threaten him again. You'd also be able to drop concentration of spells whenever an enemy decides to attack you. Also note that the description for speaking is:
                                Originally posted by pf20srd.com
                                In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn't your turn. Speaking more than a few sentences is generally beyond the limit of a free action.
                                So the ability lets you turn invisible at any time during your turn for free, and you can do it as many times as the daily round limit will allow, but you can't vanish in response to an enemy approaching you or anything crazy like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X