This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Notices

All important information regarding changes to rules, structure or meeting times will be posted here. I would suggest keeping subscribed to it so that you'll be kept up to date on everything.
    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 07-06-2012, 03:30 PM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Important Notices

There will not be a session tomorrow (July 14th). I do not have enough story material prepared to push this session forward a week as I have done with others. Plan your days accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
      There will not be a session tomorrow (July 14th). I need to rewrite all of my campaigns to adjust for the strength, power, and godliness of the Naked Action Wizard. I knew D&D characters can be powerful, but the NAW is breaking all boundaries and I need to regroup. Hopefully I'll have something for our next scheduled session. Plan your days accordingly.
      FTFY
      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
      RANK 10 Bastok
      CoP: Done
      ZM: Done
      ToA: Done
      Assault rank: Captain
      Campaign Medal: Medals
      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Clever girl...

Comment

I don't think putting us in an antimagic field requires that much planning.

Comment

If I wanted to deliberately sabotage Mezlo, I can come up with something much more creative than an anti-magic field. I've foiled many a Mage in the past without trying very hard.

Comment

I've foiled many a Mage in the past without trying very hard.
              And... you're proud of this? As a DM, you could kill anyone, at any time, period. Don't be so impressed with yourself. LOL...
              RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

I'm proud of the method, not the result. I could just strike you with a bolt of lightning to kill you... but wheres the fun in that?

I take stock of your character weaknesses and exploit them. If you're acting pompous, arrogant or just ridiculous I find a way to trick you into killing yourself.

Say you're an item hungry Sorcerer who doesn't care about play style... but only about acquiring hoards of THINGS. I then create and item that fits your profile of a "must have" and place it off the beaten path of the party... maybe it's a rumor of a powerful item that's locked up in the dungeon of the Spider Queen. You've gotta have it... and so along the way I set you up with all kinda of traps and triggers and blockades that require you to think in ways that you previously haven't been. If by the time you reach the item in question, you haven't learned anything... you likely won't be able to solve the puzzle I drop in front of it.

Depending on your progression towards what you most desire, I'll critique you. Learning your lesson rewards you with the item in question... significantly reduced in power from what the rumors suggest. Failing to learn your lesson will reward you with an item of some cursed nature... potentially bound to you in some fashion to act as a constant reminder of your bad decisions. Removing such a curse might require an act of selflessness... or a complete 180 of in-game personality before it's lifted.

It's not as simple as... stop being a jack-ass... DM Uses SMITE!!! It's super effective!!!

I like to try and reverse bad behavior through psychological warfare with my players. Don't underestimate me.

Comment

If you hand a PC a length of rope, they will tie the most elaborate nooses for themselves.
                  Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                  Name: Drjones
                  Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Balls... I deleted this on accident. I pressed "Edit" instead of "Reply". Go me. FIX IT YOURSELF!

-Yyg

I knew you were changing people's posts! Stop it now!
                    Last edited by Mezlo; 07-13-2012, 10:54 AM.
                    RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                      So I hope you have a plan already in mind for Lyulf then,
                      He acted in character. Nobody stopped him. I even asked out loud "So you're opening the drawer then?" to give you guys the opportunity to stop him.

- - - Updated - - -

I LOL'ed... I hope you wrote this with a Japanese anime accent...
                      Now I LOL'ed too. Nope... not intentional... but still funny.

Comment

to give you guys the opportunity to stop him.

As Armando already stated, we were tired of "trying to stop him." But we found out we have a set of manacles, so stopping him next time shouldn't be as much of an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Balls... I deleted this on accident. I pressed "Edit" instead of "Reply". Go me. FIX IT YOURSELF!

-Yyg
                        I knew you were changing peoples' posts! Stop it now!!!
                        RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

That's entirely up to you. I'd check his skill points placement before trying to restrain him first, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew you were changing peoples' posts! Stop it now!!!
                          I can... but I don't. I've changed a few in the past to correct broken links or img codes. I also deleted a few lines of various posts that were not only out of line... but racist in nature.

#protectandserve

Comment

I also deleted a few lines of various posts that were not only out of line... but racist in nature.

#protectandserve
                            Mine were neither so why were you editing my post then?
                            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

That one there was the only one of yours that I've ever edited. I was under the impression that I had hit "Quote" and I was wrong. For us MODs the button to edit and the button to quote are side by side. Normally I pay enough attention to avoid hitting edit, and usually if I do I notice in time to not change anything. This time was not the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X