This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Important Notices

I suggest that you all ready either a pad of graphing paper and a pencil... or a program on your PC that you can use to draw out maps. You will want them... and you will need them to accurately communicate with one another about where you're going and where you've been.
    Isn't that what Traipse's whiteboard feature is for?

Comment

Sure. You can use that. I'm not going to be mapping anything. It's up to you all to tap into your memory recall and mapping skills this time. I'll be sure to expand the grid's overall size for the session and shrink the squares so that you can map more efficiently without having to scroll around a lot.

If I were you guys, I'd fire up traipse and play around a little with whiteboard in anticipation for tomorrow.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
        Sure. You can use that. I'm not going to be mapping anything. It's up to you all to tap into your memory recall and mapping skills this time. I'll be sure to expand the grid's overall size for the session and shrink the squares so that you can map more efficiently without having to scroll around a lot.

If I were you guys, I'd fire up traipse and play around a little with whiteboard in anticipation for tomorrow.
        Armando! We need you to handle the traipse mapping for us bro!
        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
        RANK 10 Bastok
        CoP: Done
        ZM: Done
        ToA: Done
        Assault rank: Captain
        Campaign Medal: Medals
        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Tomorrow's Session

I plan to get drunk and...fuck it, map things out yourselves
          Fixed it for you.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Fire... you hit the nail on the head...
            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

I do enough as it is. I have to balance a multiverse. You guys just have to balance yourselves. You want a map from now on... draw one like every other DM makes their players do.

Comment

Fire, you hit the nail on the head.
                ftfy
                RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

So much love.

Comment

You want a map from now on... draw one like every other DM makes their players do.
                    I was under the impression this is how people played:

Except substituting the plastic dungeon for a whole lot of paper taped to the table.

Comment

Yep. That about sums it up. It's how I played all my games in the past. So much paper... so much tape.

We had exactly 20 Sharpies (well not sharpies because they bleed through paper... bus something like them) of different colors to represent different things on the map as we went along. People brought along miniatures to represent themselves on the grid and I used small circles of foam with arrows drawn on them to show which direction they were facing.

iirc

Black: Walls
                      Red: Lava/Fire and in some instances... blood stains
                      Orange: Treasure/Artifacts
                      Yellow: Light Sources (lanterns etc..)
                      Green: Trees/Bushes/Vegetation
                      Blue: Water of any Kind (The darker the shade, the deeper the water. Default was light blue)
                      Purple: Bodies of man and monster
                      Brown: Doors/Tables/Chairs/Wood
                      Gray: Stone/Rock
                      White: Snow/Ice

... and some others that were rarely used.

Comment

Important Notice

So this past week I made a bet with the wife. The bet was that I could play through our campaign and still finish the laundry and finish the cakes that we sell on the side before it was time to pick her up.

If I won, I would not have to hear any grief about D&D for 2 weeks. As in... I could plan and map and create NPCs any time I want without being guilted about it.

If I lost I would have to give up D&D for 2 weeks without talking about it in front of her at all.

I lost. She called to have me pick her up and I still had 25 minutes left on the oven timer. I tried to sneak it past her and take it out of the overn when we got back home but it was the first place she checked.

As a man of my word I have promised not to play for 2 weeks. So there will be no session this Saturday or the following Saturday.

Thankfully. I still have time to write things out here at work and will be utilizing the time to it's fullest to ensure that when we do get back together in 2 weeks, it'll be even better than you're all used to.

Try and use this next 2 weeks wisely and train yourselves on the use of Traipse and various other mechanics.

Meanwhile, I'll be building the biggest and baddest dungeon I can possibly come up with from the ruins of castle Rivenroar.

I'll also be trying to simplify combat it a way that will allow the sessions to move more fluidly so that we don't end up only progressing 2-3 rooms at a time.

- Your Humble DM Yyg

Comment

Important Notice

So this past week I made a bet with the wife. The bet was that I could play through our campaign and still finish the laundry and finish the cakes that we sell on the side before it was time to pick her up.

If I won, I would not have to hear any grief about D&D for 2 weeks. As in... I could plan and map and create NPCs any time I want without being guilted about it.

If I lost I would have to give up D&D for 2 weeks without talking about it in front of her at all.

I lost.
                          You suck. From now on, no bets like that! Or if you are stupid enough to make a bet like that, let us know so we can help you manage your time. I would have at least kept you from drinking beer to help you out. D&D + Beer + friends = your not going to get shit else done
                          RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

I was 20 minutes off from winning the bet. 20 minutes stood between me and victory.

Comment

What would you have won again by making that bet??? Doing what you were already doing and had planned on doing??? I don't see how that bet made any sense for you. She played you for a chump, you chump...

- - - Updated - - -

From now on, no more making bets unless you run it by us first.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, let's make it 3 weeks. I'm going to be on vacation in Virginia playing in a golf tournament with my Dad August 18th, so let's reconvene the following Saturdaym August 25th at 4pm EST.
                              RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

yay 25th >. and i agree with mezlo on the no more anti dnd bets. As a player thats cool u can be stupid and someone can sub for you. As a DM you screw EVERYONE over.

Comment

Working...
                                X