X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Important Notices

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
    Really? What if it was an EVIL business?
    And thus Exxon was founded in YygWorld.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

So em are we playing tomorrow?

Comment

Mezlo you gained 1,100 XP, a pouch of Fire Dust and a pair of Hellhound Testicles.
        Reiko Takahashi
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
          Mezlo you gained 1,100 XP, a pouch of Fire Dust and a pair of Hellhound Testicles.
          I approve. Details please.

- - - Updated - - -

Was Armando ok with me taking the testicles or did I need to force missle him?
          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
          RANK 10 Bastok
          CoP: Done
          ZM: Done
          ToA: Done
          Assault rank: Captain
          Campaign Medal: Medals
          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

The Hellhound was already dead and when I said that the EAW was going to do that, everyone agreed it seemed appropriate and you would approve.

The EAW also got to flip off Vince (Cid) and Lili for kill stealing (killing the Hellhound and remaining a Living Action Wizard then getting revenge for Kill Stealing later seemed more like something an Evil guy would do) and I got to yell "Mezlo's casting Gravity Bow!" at everyone a few times.
            Reiko Takahashi
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I obliterated the hellhound remember with a 48 power attack while large

Comment

I'm fairly sure I had Mezlo give Jarre the finger too because of that.
                Reiko Takahashi
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I remember Mezlo giving the finger to someone, but I don't recall who.

It was probably to whoever finished off that firebat, because it happened shortly after I failed to backhand it for its last hit point.
                  Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                  Name: Drjones
                  Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Next session it is mandatory that everyone be in attendance. If even 1 person cannot make it, we will postpone the session.

Anyone needing to leave early should notify the group ASAP here in Important Notices prior to the session date and time in order for me to appropriately scale the session to their time restrictions.

Next session is a MAJOR STORY RELATED SESSION. I cannot stress that enough. It will not only be fun, but also incredibly challenging. Bring your "A" game.

In addition: Combat/Encounters up to this point have been long and dragged out. They have also been loaded with metagame. In the next sessions I urge you to remain in character and not to have conversations outside of character. This is for your own benefit and total immersion into the scenario I have laid out. Also if I may ask that you all refrain from wasting what precious time we have to play talking about non-game-related topics. I would like... if possible... to fit the entirety of what I have planned into 1 session. To do this I need strict compliance to these requests I have made.

Do I have everyone's compliance?

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                      You have mine. Although, that being the case, I think we should enforce the 30 second per turn rule for that particular session.

Comment

Or just... less thinking... more doing. More often than not, your first instinct is the one your character would choose to do. communication can be made on the fly between turns.

I've been overly generous with the party in regards to conversations held during combat.

AKA: Should we get up to that ledge? We should, right? Can we throw a rope that high? How about if we enlarge person and then throw someone up? I bet we could do that? You guys wana try or should we just wade our way through? Who's up for the "toss Lily to the platform" idea and who's against? Show of hands? Ok then... we'll throw her up.

Meanwhile... Tusk and his forces are gridlocked in their initiative order and can't act.

- - - Updated - - -

Also: For the love of god... straighten out your macros, people. Your attack rolls and damage rolls should not be lumped into 1 macro. It puts needless information on the screen in the event that you miss your attack... and it confuses things when you crit... forcing us to back-pedal anyway.

LASTLY: Understand your own abilities, spells and feats. Read them, research them and be prepared to vocalize their effects to me during the session. I don't have a cataloged knowledge of everything in the players handbook, nor should anyone... that's just too much crap to try and remember. Our debate over the proper use of Combat Patrol could have been avoided if it's use was better understood and less assumed when the session began.

It's your character, you designed it, I expect you to know how he/she works by now. If you don't know yours backwards and forwards... make sure you do between now and next session.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Two points:
                          1. I think me and Cid are the only people that actually do what our characters would do without tons of talking which is why our turns tend to be pretty quick. The only times our turns get dragged out is because 1) Someone is talking through it 2) Someone is interrupting us yelling out metagamey "Why don't you do Y instead of X?" stuff.
                          2. Damage Rolls are lumped in with Attack Rolls with my macros because: 1) It's faster than having to dig up the damage rolls separately 2) There's not enough Space on the bar to have every single thing available. It's a compromise between space and efficiency ESPECIALLY for Spellcasters who can't possibly have space for every single spell that they might actually think they might prepare. I'll take away the damage rolls if you accept I'm going to have to take extra time in my turns to look up damage rolls for each Weapon/Spell/Ability and figure out the possible modifiers that are in play instead of just rolling a single macro and occasionally having to roll a second attack roll and second or third damage roll.

As for availability this weekend. I'm going to have to play it by ear since it's my little sister's birthday on Friday and I have no fucking clue as to if anything is happening on the Saturday.

But anyway I'm fine with complying, I've been begging for ages for people to cut down on metagaming, and overthinking and overcomplicating things for a while.
                          Reiko Takahashi
                          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                            LASTLY: Understand your own abilities, spells and feats. Read them, research them and be prepared to vocalize their effects to me during the session. I don't have a cataloged knowledge of everything in the players handbook, nor should anyone... that's just too much crap to try and remember. Our debate over the proper use of Combat Patrol could have been avoided if it's use was better understood and less assumed when the session began.
                            To be fair, this is why I suggested the mock fight. Better to jog our memories with some ad-hoc encounter than slow down the actual story battles. D&D's mechanics aren't easy to remember; if it weren't the tabletop equivalent of Magic: The Gathering, I don't think people would put up with its bullshit.

Comment

Two points:
                              I think me and Cid are the only people that actually do what our characters would do without tons of talking which is why our turns tend to be pretty quick. The only times our turns get dragged out is because 1) Someone is talking through it 2) Someone is interrupting us yelling out metagamey "Why don't you do Y instead of X?" stuff.
                              I dunno, there have been a few times where I've just not been paying attention and suddenly it's my turn and I'm all "Oh shit, what do I do?" and stall. The drinking is probably a factor as well. Then there's times where I just don't account for people taking five foot steps all over the place and foiling my flanking opportunities. I don't really begrudge anyone for it, but it leads to a lot of my turns becoming "I attempt to stab the monster for negligible damage and miss anyway. Next.".
                              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                              Name: Drjones
                              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

think me and Cid are the only people that actually do what our characters would do without tons of talking which is why our turns tend to be pretty quick.
                                My turn is always faster than your turn Firewind, how dare you. I would say my attack round is the fastest. Cid is a close second. Fire, Jarre, and Armando are tied. IMO

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                                Next session it is mandatory that everyone be in attendance.

Yes. As long as you can post that we are playing by Friday morning. This waiting until Friday night isn't cutting it. My family are planners, we plan out the weekend. It's bad enough we need to wait until Friday before we can plan what we are doing Saturday, but come Friday, we need to know whats up. It would be best if we could know by Wed or Thurs, but I understand your Saturday schedule revolves around Wendy's Saturday work schedule which, for whatever reason, isn't known until Friday, sometimes late Friday...
                                75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                                RANK 10 Bastok
                                CoP: Done
                                ZM: Done
                                ToA: Done
                                Assault rank: Captain
                                Campaign Medal: Medals
                                Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                                This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X