No announcement yet.

What games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What games are you currently playing?

this laptop is pants that i use so i'm anticipating winning the lottery and turning buying a house and turning a WHOLE room into a gaming room with tera-upon-terabyte of space so i can play all my games i love and miss whenever i want.

At the moment on the laptop i have:

Lineage II (medieval RPG. pretty dull low level but gets better the higher you get)
    City of Heroes/Villians (i've just literally bought this so have no idea what its like)
    Final Fantasy XI Online (probably the only game at low level that has frustrated me and enticed me to play more at the same time)

In my rack (ehehe) i have:

Counter-Strike: Source
    Battlefield 2
    Battlefield 2142
    Guild Wars (all exp. too)
    Company of Heroes
    Diablo 2
    Warcraft 3
    World of Warcraft (this game really ticks me off sometimes. i try to forget it then go out shopping and its bloody everywhere!)

and more but i cant remember

EDIT : is there anywhere that you can buy FF7 and 8 for the PC still? i cant remember if they did 9+ on there or not.
    Last edited by MasonMarxx; 02-02-2009, 08:04 AM. Reason: because i'm forgetful
    "Gil means nothing to me!"
    Coming from a Thief

Comment

Originally posted by MasonMarxx View Post

EDIT : is there anywhere that you can buy FF7 and 8 for the PC still? i cant remember if they did 9+ on there or not.
      One word.........Emulator. And no, FF9 was never released on the PC.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I"m currently playing infinite undiscovery and am loving it.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonMarxx View Post
          You can torrent the PC versions of 7 and 8, but 9 needs to be emulated. It's a whore to get it working properly by the way, even if you have experience with emulation. Have fun with that.

I'm playing Mother 3 right now.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Satori View Post
            I"m currently playing infinite undiscovery and am loving it.

I really enjoyed this game as well even though I wasn't expecting to. It's sort of puzzling how a lot of JRPGs get blasted by reviewers for being generic and cliche, but every random shootan game #57 gets amazing reviews and endless hype.

More on topic, I stayed up until 8am finishing Chrono Trigger DS and getting the new ending as well as doing all the extra stuff added to the remake. Not really appreciating this ending even though it does connect it more directly to Chrono Cross. Next DS game on the list is Dragon Quest IV.

In other news, SMT: Nocturne and Persona 3 are officially the first two games to be made a part of my newly created "I actually wasted money on this" list. Not even Unlimited Saga has made me feel this bad about spending money on a game. They will be put some place where they will stay in good condition but I wont have to look at them and be constantly reminded that I could have $60 in my wallet if they weren't there.

Current status of the list

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

In other news, SMT: Nocturne and Persona 3 are officially the first two games to be made a part of my newly created "I actually wasted money on this" list. Not even Unlimited Saga has made me feel this bad about spending money on a game. They will be put some place where they will stay in good condition but I wont have to look at them and be constantly reminded that I could have $60 in my wallet if they weren't there.
              Seek a doctor's aid.

You are very ill.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                Seek a doctor's aid.
                At least on P3, I agree with BBQ.

This is a sign of either you being wrong, or the end of days being imminent.

Comment

Nocturne I can see as an acquired taste.

Persona 3 and 4 are much easier to slide into, Persona 4 especially. Both have strong stories that help you get around the admittedly slow start of either game.

Nocturne came out and was not targeted for newbies of the series at all, so its more difficult to jump into. Plus it was the first PS2 SMT title, so they hadn't jumped on to voice-overs and all that. But once you really get into it and learn how the fusion system works and how abilities are gained, the game is a gift that keeps on giving.

My only real gripe for Nocturne, which I'm currently playing, is that gaining money is hard til about the 17-20 hour mark. EXP gain picks up gradually.

But you really have to know the terminology to progress and the only real way to do that is to access the Skill menu and see what you got. Persona 4 improved on this by letting you see what you could get before Fusion.

None of them are perfect, but flaws aside, they're some of the best RPGs out there.

Comment

The only reason I won't back you up on Nocturne is that I haven't played it, and have no intention to.

Comment

I just don't see the appeal of Persona. 8 hours in and I am playing a bad high school/dating sim with an RPG mini-game tacked on every couple of days and some story progression only once each month.

If somehow after this long the game eventually improves I will consider going back to it, but if I am seriously looking at 80 hours of lolhighschoolsim with a little RPG on the side then I am done with it.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

I hope you like Dawson's Creek.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
                          I just don't see the appeal of Persona. 8 hours in and I am playing a bad high school/dating sim with an RPG mini-game tacked on every couple of days and some story progression only once each month.

If somehow after this long the game eventually improves I will consider going back to it, but if I am seriously looking at 80 hours of lolhighschoolsim with a little RPG on the side then I am done with it.
                          8 hours isn't even past the tutorial phase for most RPGs on the market.

The "dating sim" aspect of the game is pretty crucial to obtaining high-tier personas and once you have Mitsuru and Akihiko on board for fighting, things pick up quite considerably and you'll be dungeon crawling practically each game day if that's what you really want.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            8 hours isn't even past the tutorial phase for Persona.
                            Fixed.

Anyway, the game does pick up, significantly, as you go on. The high school dating sim element, even if you find it annoying initially, becomes important later on, and also becomes a smaller and smaller part of the plot and focus of the game.

Personally, the first time I picked up P3F I played through it for twenty hours straight before I put it down. Might take a certain kind of person to find it that way, but it also probably made it easier to push through the first part of the game, that way when I came back for shorter sessions, it was far more fun and less annoyance.

But P3 is a very, very long game. You're looking at around 60-70 hours MINIMUM just to clear the main part of the game; and another 30 hours for The Answer. That's not counting any time spent trying to max out your characters, do all the sidequests, etc. I mean, it takes what, three or four hours to REALLY get into the combat; with a full party and complete control?

So yes, the intro is very slow, but it's well worth it.

Comment

Right now I'm having a lot of fun with Mount & Blade. Sort of a mix between a RTS, RPG and FPS. Basically you start out as a commoner in a medieval land torn apart by warfare(no magic, just swords, spears, [cross]bows, and horses), which we all know is really fun because nobles loved commoners back then. You have to make a name for yourself in this war-torn land, with several paths, such as living as mercenary captain, swearing homage to a lord and serving as a marshal, or leading a rebel faction as a new kingdom.
                              Originally posted by Ellipses
                              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                              Originally posted by MCLV
                              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                              More Sig:

Comment

PC:
                                Morrowind (a permanent on-again/off-again staple of my diet)
                                Lord of the Rings Online

DS:
                                Dragon Quest IV

Emulatorz:
                                Dragon Quest V

Note/random commentary: I like DQIV, I do. And perhaps my memories of DQ are tainted by the NES days, but I really am not quite so fond of the OTT written 'dialect' and the kind of non-serious approach IV took. I know DQ has never been completely Serious Business, but parts of IV are almost too campy. I find it hard to really take the twins seriously with their faux-India-esque way of talking. It isn't how I quite pictured it at all. And yes, I am aware of the monsters I am fighting being off the wall. Still.

I'm not sure if the 'serious' tone of DQV was a result of the fan-translation, or what, but I sincerely hope it hasn't become a camp-fest in its first 'official' English debut. I loved the story to DQV, it has to be one of -if not the- favorite game of mine. Minor written dialect, okay. Massive almost stereotypical stuff, and over-camping the story is something I am sincerely dreading.
                                "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Working...
                                X