This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarrsari
    So if you get a higher score you basicly get nicer graphics and smoother less lag gameplay?
    Yes.

Btw, since I last posted here, I had:

I did quite well IMO

P4 2.0ghz
    256mb DDR Ram
    Ati Radeon 9000
    40GB HDD

High- 2926
    Low- 3254

Since then I upgraded and computers acts so strange.... I upgraded memory to 768 and actually lost points to around 2300. Then I upgraded to 1gb ram and got the 9600xt and I now get on average

High- 3900
    Low- 4300

I keep my computer spyware-free, it defrags every friday, and I keep it cool.

Comment

• H: 3400~
      L: 4200~

AMD 2200+
      Geforce4 4600
      cheap motherboard
      768mb ram
      Tomatoes & Tomatopotato @ Pandemonium
      My Taru Blog / Wiki Page

Play golf? Check out my items.

Comment

• p4 2.4
        512mb 333mhz
        nvidia gesuck fx 5200 128mb:mad:

L - 2600

H - 1700

ima going to get the ati 9600xt this weeken soo hopefully ill be playing the game in high res

* *note* *
        pplz who are buying new cards, i sugest buying an ati 9600 pro/xt which gives you good quality game play and it wont leave a dent in your walet and if your buying the cards from ati you get half life 2 for free and save 50$ which really cut the price of the card to only 150$, cause nvidia gesuck fx series suck oss

Comment

• I had posted my scores on the original thread and was also disturbed by how low they were (around 3000 on the old benchmark) My system specs are:

AthlonXP+2100 (Thoroughbred core)
          MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU (Via KT266 chipset)
          3x256MB(Crappy) OCS PC2700 DDR RAM
          Gainward Geforce Ti4600 128MB (AGP 4x)
          2x Maxtor 80Gb in RAID+0
          Soundblaster Audigy Platinum 5.1
          (the other components don't matter as much)

Anyways, I was wondering what possible bottleneck could be causing the low scores so I could isolate what needed upgrading. It seems like a couple of other AthlonXP owners are having the same gripes. So, when I got no response, I took it on myself to research it, and believe that having higher quality memory will make the largest dfference in addition to fixing some annoying stability issues like "blue screen of death" and random crashes (good PC3200 from Mushkin, Corsair, OCZ,ect...) Additionally, upgrading to a new motherboard that supports 400Mhz front side bus (200Mhz really), and an adequately cooled processor OC'd to 200Mhz FSB (like an XP+2600 with the Barton core) Having a new ATI 9800XT, or Geforce FX5950 Ultra would grant a speed boost, but I can't justify wasting the money when the newer NV42 and R420 programmable GPU's are due out some time this summer. (rumor has it they will be 2x as fast as current high-end graphics cards, and just think how cheap those 9800XT's will be then) Anyways, I just figured I would share that info. I'll post again once my wife let's me spend the money and share the results. (Upgrade will cost around $450.00US)
          Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• HIGH=5267

(1). For all you people with ATI cards no matter what the brand. ALOT of people will have compatability issues between board and card, and it won't allow you to have 8x AGP or fastwrite ON. It is a 1000 point difference! so make sure your settings are on and working.

(2). For all you people with "crappy cards" get a 160+ dollar ATI card!

(3). For all you people w/o duel channel. GET DUEL CHANNEL! (200-400 point gain)

(4). For all you people with 1.8ghz or below CPU's. You are fine just get 512 pc2700, and a good video card, and you will be in the 3000's easy!

~~my current setup~~

Shuttle nForce2 igp
            Corsair 2x256
            AMD 1.83ghz @ 2.4ghz
            9600pro @ 500/357
            40gigx2 ata-133
            450w psu
            D-tek watercooling

Comment

• I posted in the old Benchmark thread so ill delete it and Ill post my Q here - This is with the Benchmark2

I wrote:

Hi im not sure whats wrong.
              I can only play the benchmark in High Def .... if i try low it gives me an "Err Code=3" and I only get 1800 everyone else is getting much higher im not sure why. My computer runs pretty fast.
              Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.8 GHz
              RAM: 512MB
              Sound Card: Creative SB Live! (yeh i shud prob get a new one eh)
              Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X (64MB ram) - this is bad is it?

-----

OK its all of a sudden lettin me run it in low def. Maybe i was running somethin else b4 that was interfering?
              But still how can i try and get a better score?
              My score for Low def. was only about 3130

Comment

• i bought a new comp...

p4 2.8ghz w/ HT
                512MB PC2700
                160GB HD
                GeForce FX 5200

high - 1954
                low - havent done yet (lol i wanna play it on high)

i thought it would be higher then that.. probably the card, ill have to upgrade that

Comment

• going to buy a gamers Laptop

I am going to buy a laptop the next days. It has to be one on which I can play FFXI without any problems.

The laptop which I intend to buy has the following specs:

P4 HT 2.8Ghz
                  512MB DDR-RAM
                  ATI Radeon 9600 (64MB)
                  60GB Harddisk
                  DVD burner
                  15.4" wide TFT

I ran the FFXI 2 bench on it and got 4650-L and 3500-H

What do you think about that?

Comment

• hmm that laptop is about the same as mine.. and yet your high is twice mine.. must be the video card...

id buy it it is was at a good price.. harddisk kinda small for a comp with a dvd burner, but you can upgrade that easily

Comment

• if you have about $250, you can find pretty damn good cards, i suggest 9800 pro, or 9600xt (if you are on budget or have crappy psu[like my dell 250w psu])

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Help the admins be using the report function... and bug them on AIM till they pay attencion
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Proud member of the Fire Division of Crystal Guardians.

Comment

• High: 6470
                        Low: ????

System:
                        AMD ATHLON 64 3000+
                        MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R
                        SAMSUNG 512 MB DDR400
                        ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB

Upgraded from a AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz with 133 FSB and cried tears of joy when I saw how smooth it ran with those darn tarus on chocos. ^.^

Comment

• Originally posted by Meowmix
                          HIGH=5267

(1). For all you people with ATI cards no matter what the brand. ALOT of people will have compatability issues between board and card, and it won't allow you to have 8x AGP or fastwrite ON. It is a 1000 point difference! so make sure your settings are on and working.

(2). For all you people with "crappy cards" get a 160+ dollar ATI card!

(3). For all you people w/o duel channel. GET DUEL CHANNEL! (200-400 point gain)

(4). For all you people with 1.8ghz or below CPU's. You are fine just get 512 pc2700, and a good video card, and you will be in the 3000's easy!

~~my current setup~~

Shuttle nForce2 igp
                          Corsair 2x256
                          AMD 1.83ghz @ 2.4ghz
                          9600pro @ 500/357
                          40gigx2 ata-133
                          450w psu
                          D-tek watercooling

Should i turn Fastwrite ON? I always heard it's bad...

specs are in my sig

vv
                          [Restarted 8/2008] | [MySpace!]
                          .,~`'<{:My Old Char's Stats Here:}>'`~,.

Comment

• Yes Vairu, you should be getting a much higher score.

8xAGP:::::Mostly all games, this one included, don't even support 8x, but when your card is running 0x then obviously your score will be crippled. So make sure your running AT LEAST 4x. (it doesn't look like you are)

FastWriting:::::I leave it on, because mine runs perfectly stable with it on, but alot of people have issues with it on. There isn't a huge boost granted from having it on. I guess i should have emphasized more on the 4x-8x aspect of it, but to anwser your question just leave it OFF.

EDIT:::::If you are running 8xAA on the benchmark then maybe you do have 8xAGP on, as 8xAA would bring that score WAY down from 0xAA. I personally never use AA, but that one is your call.

=^.^=

Comment

• i'l try fastwrite, i use 8xAA and the highest AF setting, i think it's 16? in game i run great idk about the bench mark though
                              [Restarted 8/2008] | [MySpace!]
                              .,~`'<{:My Old Char's Stats Here:}>'`~,.

Comment

• AA (AntiAilasting) does NOT work in FFXI. They draw the textures really big (say 1024x1024 at high). It has something to do with tha back buffer being rendered outside the screen and used when needed. Not sure how to explain it, but AA won't work.
                                Mobile 2400+ @11.5x200MHz, 1.7v| NF7-S 2.0 | 2x512 Corsair pc3200
                                BFG FX6800 OC 128MB @350/700, 16x1,6vp | Antec True 430

Allakhazam Profile | ShirtNinjas Profile

Thanks to ShadowFlare for hosting my sig. FLaReTecH Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X