• pearlsea
    replied
    Re: FFXI Bench 2 Score / Specs

Well it is a sticky...

Leave a comment:

• Jarre
    replied

whoa, NECRO post lol only 21 months after last post......

Leave a comment:

• MasonMarxx
    replied

i got 6000 odd with low resolution
    then i did high res and got 3671.

This is bench 3 though... not 2.

Leave a comment:

• Nephest
    replied

I hear "told you so ringing in my head" but you were right. So i need a new vid card, i want a decent one, and i'll spend around 50 for it, no more. So what would be good for that? And i need a PCI..

When i tried to start the game, it said...
    "Failed to Recognize the Hardware TnL"
    Meaning?
    Last edited by Nephest; 04-03-2007, 12:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nephest
    replied

Well i went ahead and installed the game, so far the PoL works fine, but i cant log in yet... >,< due to the fact that i need to reactivate my Content ID, but thanks all of you, and as soon as i am able to get on, i'll see whether or not the game will work... But thanks again all of you.

Leave a comment:

• Feba
    replied

I already said that, Mhurron =p

Leave a comment:

• Mhurron
    replied

Originally posted by Nephest View Post
    This may sound like i'm trying to take the easy way out.. but could i possibly update the drivers for my video... and work?..
    Probably not. If it is the TnL error you're hitting (it frequently is with all but the most recent onboard Intel chips) that is a hardware support feature and updating a driver isn't going to change the chips features.

As for getting a new card, you're going to want to open it to see what slots you do have available or take it somewhere so they can check and install the card for you. There is no point in buying an AGP card if you don't have a AGP slot for instance.

Leave a comment:

• Nephest
    replied

Well its actually a desktop, so changing parts isnt hard, but as far as the computer goes, it was built using a Compaq >,< motherboard. so that there says something, but it was cheap. But yeah, i'll pick a vid card, and hopefully that'll solve my problems...

On another note...

This may sound like i'm trying to take the easy way out.. but could i possibly update the drivers for my video... and work?..
    Last edited by Nephest; 03-26-2007, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Feba
    replied

Last I checked, FFXI requires Hardware TnL. Your onboard video chip probably does not support that.

I recommend you buy a cheap card, such as http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127270 (note, this is just an example. almost any card you can find in a store today will play FFXI) Whenever you're buying a video card, or anything for your PC, make SURE you have the correct slots for it. For example, if you have an older PC with PCI and AGP like I do, and you bought a PCI-Ex16 GPU, you'd be out of luck... but at the same time, if you buy an AGP slot for an all PCI-e and PCI-ex16 motherboard, that's not going any better. Note that you will likely need a professional to install a new gpu on a laptop, if it is possible.

If you're in doubt, google some sites on computer upgrade and repair, or take it to a professional.

Leave a comment:

• Nephest
    replied

My vid is an

Intel(r) 82845F/FL/GE/PE/GV

Thats all it says about it

Leave a comment:

• Mhurron
    replied

Originally posted by Nephest View Post
    Well it is an on bored graphic card. And it is intel, but i dont know what kind it is.
    2.66 Ghz Celeron
    768 DDR PC2700
    On board graphics and sound.
    The device manager will tell you what model card you have

Not to bad for a Laptop using beta drivers.
    Bootcamp and some of the drivers like the iSight drivers are beta, but the important drivers in this case (chipset, graphics and whatnot) will pretty much be stock release drivers from their respective manufacturers. Performance in XP under Bootcamp should really be no different then if you had a similarly speced standard PC desktop or laptop

Leave a comment:

• Nephest
    replied

Well it is an on bored graphic card. And it is intel, but i dont know what kind it is.

2.66 Ghz Celeron
    768 DDR PC2700
    On board graphics and sound.

Leave a comment:

• Feba
    replied

holy necro batman.

Shot in the dark here, but are you using an onboard graphics chip, such as Intel GMA 950?

Leave a comment:

• Nephest
    replied

I can't seem to get the Benchmark 3 to even run for me. After clicking START it'll black out, resize a bit, then give me an error code 2001. Anyone know what the code stands for? I've been playing on 360, but recently had to change, any help would be appriciated.

Leave a comment:

• Rai
    replied

I just got a MacBook Pro, which is an Apple Laptop.

I installed Boot Camp and loaded Win XP Pro on a Partition.

I dual boot OS X or XP Pro.

2.33GHz Intel Core Duo 2, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1600 Mobility

Vana Bench 3
    High: 3641
    Lo: 5390

Not to bad for a Laptop using beta drivers.
    Last edited by Rai; 02-16-2007, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X