High: 2650

System Specs:
    P41.6
    512MB ram
    Radeon 9600XT

Leave a comment:

• essiesse
    replied
    The 9800 is a bit too expensive...is the 9600 pro good? is it better than the FX 5600 XT ?

Leave a comment:

• GSDragoon
    replied
    The 9800 pro would be better.

Leave a comment:

• essiesse
    replied
    Hello I have a Geforce4 FX 5600 XT and I was thinking on buying a new graphics card to boost my performance. I have 4200 in old bench and in bench 2 i have 3250-LOW and 2250-HIGH, are these scores any good to play ffxi?

I was thinking on a ATI Radeon 9800 pro or a GeForce FX 5900 XT.
    Would these cards greatly increase my bench? is fx5600 xt any good to play ffxi?

I have a:

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+
    2,00 GHz
    512MB RAM
    Geforce4 FX 5600 XT

Can anyone help me? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Vairu
    replied
    that's cool i have to try fastwrite though...

Leave a comment:

• GSDragoon
    replied
    Not sure about AF. My guess it that it would work.

Leave a comment:

• Vairu
    replied
    i see, but AF does?

Leave a comment:

• GSDragoon
    replied
    AA (AntiAilasting) does NOT work in FFXI. They draw the textures really big (say 1024x1024 at high). It has something to do with tha back buffer being rendered outside the screen and used when needed. Not sure how to explain it, but AA won't work.

Leave a comment:

• Vairu
    replied
    i'l try fastwrite, i use 8xAA and the highest AF setting, i think it's 16? in game i run great idk about the bench mark though

Leave a comment:

• Meowmix
    replied
    Yes Vairu, you should be getting a much higher score.

8xAGP:::::Mostly all games, this one included, don't even support 8x, but when your card is running 0x then obviously your score will be crippled. So make sure your running AT LEAST 4x. (it doesn't look like you are)

FastWriting:::::I leave it on, because mine runs perfectly stable with it on, but alot of people have issues with it on. There isn't a huge boost granted from having it on. I guess i should have emphasized more on the 4x-8x aspect of it, but to anwser your question just leave it OFF.

EDIT:::::If you are running 8xAA on the benchmark then maybe you do have 8xAGP on, as 8xAA would bring that score WAY down from 0xAA. I personally never use AA, but that one is your call.

=^.^=

Leave a comment:

• Vairu
    replied
    Originally posted by Meowmix
    HIGH=5267

(1). For all you people with ATI cards no matter what the brand. ALOT of people will have compatability issues between board and card, and it won't allow you to have 8x AGP or fastwrite ON. It is a 1000 point difference! so make sure your settings are on and working.

(2). For all you people with "crappy cards" get a 160+ dollar ATI card!

(3). For all you people w/o duel channel. GET DUEL CHANNEL! (200-400 point gain)

(4). For all you people with 1.8ghz or below CPU's. You are fine just get 512 pc2700, and a good video card, and you will be in the 3000's easy!

~~my current setup~~

Shuttle nForce2 igp
    Corsair 2x256
    AMD 1.83ghz @ 2.4ghz
    9600pro @ 500/357
    40gigx2 ata-133
    450w psu
    D-tek watercooling

Should i turn Fastwrite ON? I always heard it's bad...

specs are in my sig

vv

Leave a comment:

• lokyst
    replied
    High: 6470
    Low: ????

System:
    AMD ATHLON 64 3000+
    MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R
    SAMSUNG 512 MB DDR400
    ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB

Upgraded from a AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz with 133 FSB and cried tears of joy when I saw how smooth it ran with those darn tarus on chocos. ^.^

Leave a comment:

• Doppelganger
    replied
    if you have about $250, you can find pretty damn good cards, i suggest 9800 pro, or 9600xt (if you are on budget or have crappy psu[like my dell 250w psu])

Leave a comment:

• achornx
    replied
    hmm that laptop is about the same as mine.. and yet your high is twice mine.. must be the video card...

id buy it it is was at a good price.. harddisk kinda small for a comp with a dvd burner, but you can upgrade that easily

Leave a comment:

• Magical
    replied
    going to buy a gamers Laptop

I am going to buy a laptop the next days. It has to be one on which I can play FFXI without any problems.

The laptop which I intend to buy has the following specs:

P4 HT 2.8Ghz
    512MB DDR-RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600 (64MB)
    60GB Harddisk
    DVD burner
    15.4" wide TFT

I ran the FFXI 2 bench on it and got 4650-L and 3500-H

What do you think about that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X