• achornx
    replied
    i bought a new comp...

p4 2.8ghz w/ HT
    512MB PC2700
    160GB HD
    GeForce FX 5200

high - 1954
    low - havent done yet (lol i wanna play it on high)

i thought it would be higher then that.. probably the card, ill have to upgrade that

Leave a comment:

• KaliSilya
    replied
    I posted in the old Benchmark thread so ill delete it and Ill post my Q here - This is with the Benchmark2

I wrote:

Hi im not sure whats wrong.
    I can only play the benchmark in High Def .... if i try low it gives me an "Err Code=3" and I only get 1800 everyone else is getting much higher im not sure why. My computer runs pretty fast.
    Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.8 GHz
    RAM: 512MB
    Sound Card: Creative SB Live! (yeh i shud prob get a new one eh)
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X (64MB ram) - this is bad is it?

-----

OK its all of a sudden lettin me run it in low def. Maybe i was running somethin else b4 that was interfering?
    But still how can i try and get a better score?
    My score for Low def. was only about 3130

Leave a comment:

• Meowmix
    replied
    HIGH=5267

(1). For all you people with ATI cards no matter what the brand. ALOT of people will have compatability issues between board and card, and it won't allow you to have 8x AGP or fastwrite ON. It is a 1000 point difference! so make sure your settings are on and working.

(2). For all you people with "crappy cards" get a 160+ dollar ATI card!

(3). For all you people w/o duel channel. GET DUEL CHANNEL! (200-400 point gain)

(4). For all you people with 1.8ghz or below CPU's. You are fine just get 512 pc2700, and a good video card, and you will be in the 3000's easy!

~~my current setup~~

Shuttle nForce2 igp
    Corsair 2x256
    AMD 1.83ghz @ 2.4ghz
    9600pro @ 500/357
    40gigx2 ata-133
    450w psu
    D-tek watercooling

Leave a comment:

• Abydos
    replied
    I had posted my scores on the original thread and was also disturbed by how low they were (around 3000 on the old benchmark) My system specs are:

AthlonXP+2100 (Thoroughbred core)
    MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU (Via KT266 chipset)
    3x256MB(Crappy) OCS PC2700 DDR RAM
    Gainward Geforce Ti4600 128MB (AGP 4x)
    2x Maxtor 80Gb in RAID+0
    Soundblaster Audigy Platinum 5.1
    (the other components don't matter as much)

Anyways, I was wondering what possible bottleneck could be causing the low scores so I could isolate what needed upgrading. It seems like a couple of other AthlonXP owners are having the same gripes. So, when I got no response, I took it on myself to research it, and believe that having higher quality memory will make the largest dfference in addition to fixing some annoying stability issues like "blue screen of death" and random crashes (good PC3200 from Mushkin, Corsair, OCZ,ect...) Additionally, upgrading to a new motherboard that supports 400Mhz front side bus (200Mhz really), and an adequately cooled processor OC'd to 200Mhz FSB (like an XP+2600 with the Barton core) Having a new ATI 9800XT, or Geforce FX5950 Ultra would grant a speed boost, but I can't justify wasting the money when the newer NV42 and R420 programmable GPU's are due out some time this summer. (rumor has it they will be 2x as fast as current high-end graphics cards, and just think how cheap those 9800XT's will be then) Anyways, I just figured I would share that info. I'll post again once my wife let's me spend the money and share the results. (Upgrade will cost around $450.00US)

Leave a comment:

• lilblueboy
    replied
    p4 2.4
    512mb 333mhz
    nvidia gesuck fx 5200 128mb:mad:

L - 2600

H - 1700

ima going to get the ati 9600xt this weeken soo hopefully ill be playing the game in high res

* *note* *
    pplz who are buying new cards, i sugest buying an ati 9600 pro/xt which gives you good quality game play and it wont leave a dent in your walet and if your buying the cards from ati you get half life 2 for free and save 50$ which really cut the price of the card to only 150$, cause nvidia gesuck fx series suck oss

Leave a comment:

• Tomatoes
    replied
    H: 3400~
    L: 4200~

AMD 2200+
    Geforce4 4600
    cheap motherboard
    768mb ram

Leave a comment:

• Mikeablah
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarrsari
    So if you get a higher score you basicly get nicer graphics and smoother less lag gameplay?
    Yes.

Btw, since I last posted here, I had:

I did quite well IMO

P4 2.0ghz
    256mb DDR Ram
    Ati Radeon 9000
    40GB HDD

High- 2926
    Low- 3254

Since then I upgraded and computers acts so strange.... I upgraded memory to 768 and actually lost points to around 2300. Then I upgraded to 1gb ram and got the 9600xt and I now get on average

High- 3900
    Low- 4300

I keep my computer spyware-free, it defrags every friday, and I keep it cool.

Leave a comment:

• Sarrsari
    replied
    So if you get a higher score you basicly get nicer graphics and smoother less lag gameplay?

Leave a comment:

• Daziz
    replied
    Dude its not like im complaining or anything its just at first i though i should have higher score all i want is to get a higher score and be able to improve the performence anyway for ffxi i know i get no problems but i would like to increase it and push my pc to the max thats all.

Leave a comment:

• Sarrsari
    replied
    Daziz: For the love of god. You got enough. What the hell else do you want? Leave the help for those who don't .... God..

Leave a comment:

• Daziz
    replied
    Hey all ok.

I looked though all the pages and well at first when i did the test i though mine was a little low and now that i look though these yes it is a little low. I have a good pc ok the card is old but still its a good card.

First off Mikeablah has a radeon 9000 which is a older card than mine but some how gets a higher score.

Mikeablaj what drivers r u using and have u overclocked ur card first.

Secondly Sanosuke had a radeon 9200 128 card and he gets a higher score too.

Sanosuke what drivers have u got on ur card and have u over clocked it too.

Well here is my pc and score.

Low - 3000 (roughly)
    High - 2000 (roughly)

Amd Athlon XP2600
    1024DDR Ram 333 PC2700
    Radeon 9200 256DDR Drivers 4.1
    160gb HD 7200rpm ATA 100
    Motherboard KT400

Thx if anyone can help.

I have not overclocked anything on my pc at all.

Well the game works fine and all that in good graphics but still i would like to know how to get some better performence out of it because i would like too.

Leave a comment:

• Richter
    replied
    Spec:

Graphics Card: Gainward GeForce FX 5950Ultra/1800 256mb "Golden Sample".
    Memory: Corsair TwinX Pro PC3200 1024mb (2x512) DDR RAM.
    Mother Board: Asus P4P800 Deluxe - i865PE Springdale.
    Processor: Intel P4 2.66.

Score:

Low: 5496
    High: 5039

Leave a comment:

• Raiders4ever
    replied
    Barton 2500+
    512 PC 3200
    ATI 9800 pro

High = 5882

I have done a good bit of ocing.

Leave a comment:

• Sarrsari
    replied
    For the love of god!

Can' you guys get enough? How greedy can you get? The highest i can get is
    HIGH: 714
    LOW: 1274
    Cus of my stupid card and moderboard cpu.

Leave a comment:

• GSDragoon
    replied
    The Benchmark is only 93 megs, doubt fragmentation would effect it that much. With 1 gig of ram, you shouldn't be using the HD much. It looks about right with your system anyways.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X