Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFXI Bench 2 Score / Specs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MylzDavis1975
    replied
    HP Pavilion 750n
    Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz
    80GB 7200 RPM HD
    512MB RAM
    Sapphire ATI Radeon 9000 128MB
    Windows XP Home (slightly tweaked)

    Bench Low - 3210
    Bench High - 2781

    Leave a comment:


  • Sharingan
    replied
    Athlon XP 1900+ (138x12) @ 1656mhz
    1024mb PC2100 ddr ram
    Geforce FX5200 128mb @270/440

    low res: 2998

    Leave a comment:


  • Sparda
    replied
    Old - 5980

    Low - 5342
    High - 4082

    AMD Barton 2.5 Ghz
    1Gb of DDR RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600 PRO

    Leave a comment:


  • Sanosuke
    replied
    Oi

    Low Res- 3579
    High Res-2998..

    Radeaon 9200 AGP 128MB 4xAGP speed.


    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
    256MB
    Windows XP
    111GB

    Eh..

    Leave a comment:


  • Rubik
    replied
    Yeah, the AMD 64 seems kind of silly ATM. There are not a whole lot of 64 bit apps out there. Of course, there will be someday. I'm sure ppl made the same comments back when 32 bit processors came out. I am interested to know if 32 bit apps perform as well on the AMD 64 as on a comperable 32 bit processor. It would seem like there would have to be some kind of interpreter on it to choose between 32 and 64 bit and I am wondering if that slows things down at all...

    Then again, I may have no clue what I am talking about...

    Leave a comment:


  • Ranmas
    replied
    Well I finaly went out and bought a new graphics card.
    The Geforce fx 5900. It was a toss up between this card
    and the radeon 9800.... Impulse shoping won the day

    The scores below are with my old card. One Geforce 3 ti 200
    original bench
    3300-3400

    new bench
    2500-2600 low
    1700-1800 high

    And with my new card with the 52.13 drivers, they are beta
    use them at your own risk.
    Original bench
    5****

    New bench
    35xx Low
    33xx High

    For some reason I get the idea that I may need a new
    cpu and motherboard to really get the most out of this card.

    No really I know that I need the new cpu. I'm planning on a
    athlon xp 2800+. The prices have come down a lot on those in
    the past week

    I just wish I knew when amd and intel are going to release some
    new cpu's. Sure you can say that amd just launched to 64 but
    so what. How well does the 64 overclock and just what is going
    to be the speed ramp up on those. Not only that but is amd ever
    going to turn around and release some more of the barton xp's?
    The 3200+ can't be the best that peice of silicon can do, its also
    been on the market for a while with no new speed increases.
    That goes double for the intel side. I think however that intel
    might have been playing a wait and see what amd does first.
    With the power hungrey 5900 and 9800 graphics cards even the
    fastest cpu's don't supply them with enough info when trying to
    run HL2, or at least that is what was reported on a few web sites
    that reviewed the game.

    Anyway we'll see what happens in the near future anyway. Now
    Lets have some dx9.1

    Leave a comment:


  • Signpost
    replied
    Laptop Specs

    Above is a link to the specs of my laptop. After shutting down MSN, AIM etc. and trying to exit/disable as many background programs as I could I still only scored a 1550 on Low Res. on the new benchmark. What do you think? should I have scored higher?

    And if that is my best score possible is it even worth getting the game? I was considering buying it to give me something to do at work.

    Leave a comment:


  • tomc1988t
    replied
    well looks like its LOw res for me ...is low res for pc same as ps2?? if so i dont care if i need low res



    1200 H.R.
    2200 L.R.

    Leave a comment:


  • ANIME
    replied
    Hi-Res: 3204

    P4 2.0 Ghz
    1024 Mb DDR PC2100
    ATI Radeon 9800 128 MB DDR - Catalyst 3.8 - 4X AGP - OPENGL settings at max

    Leave a comment:


  • Doppelganger
    replied
    Re: help..............

    Originally posted by smiler73
    got a new pc 2 month's ago just so i could play FFXI , but on the bench mark test got 2099L and 695H ?
    got 512 ram , pentium4 2.66 ghz, nvidia g-force 4 68mb unshared, 60 GB hdd ?? when on the high res test the picture keep's sticking and freezing ? is there anything i can do to tweak my system?
    what type of gf4? mx420 im guessing...

    aerobahn, hopefully im getting the 9600pro from best buy (it's 175, so ide save about 2 cents for not needing shipping), and 2 sticks of 256mb rd800 (rd is automatically ddr and dual channel on northwood processors).

    another thing aerobahn, PUT SOME SPACES IN BETWEEN THE DOTS.... IT SCREWED UP THE REPLY PAGE AND THE THREAD PAGE

    Leave a comment:


  • Kronosan
    replied
    I'm just curious what the dif is between v1.0 and v1.01. What version of the benchmark is everyone running?

    Leave a comment:


  • replica
    replied
    <.< god SOMEONE threw this page off a little >.> hehe

    anyways, p4p4p4p4p4p4p4 all the way =\ it's like 90 bucks more than the 2500+ barton.. but a 2.4c p4 OC'd to 3 ghz.. with that nice FSB.. will KILL most OC'd 2500+ bartons. like, for free =\ with stock cooling.

    but, my next upgrade is an athlon 64.. for xmas hehe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ranmas
    replied
    Athlon 1.5 no its not a xp..... unfortunatly
    512 megs of pc2100 ddr
    fsb running at 274mhz
    40gb hard drive main drive
    80gb hard drive dive the benchmark is
    running on
    dfi ak76sn motherboard
    geforce 3 ti 200

    original bench
    3300-3400

    new bench
    2500-2600 low
    1700-1800 high

    well I'll be replaceing my motherboard,
    processor, graphics card and my ram
    soon.

    A few days ago I thought I would be
    getting a amd 2800+ but I've been
    looking at just how much you can
    overclock the p4 2.4'c' and I'm now
    wondering which one would be better
    to get.
    Because overclocking to 2.4 to over 3
    only takes stock cooling.

    as for graphics cards I plan on going with the ati radeon 9800.

    what do you guys think about amd/p4
    choice here. Which one do you think I should get first the graphics card or the new processor/motherboard/ram.

    Leave a comment:


  • aerobahn
    replied
    Originally posted by replica
    i listened to aerobahn about the 9700 pro... and i am quite happy that i did =D *turns to camera with thumbs up* thanks aerobahn! XDXD

    Ahhh the joys of life.....

    Leave a comment:


  • InuTrunks
    replied
    Thats about my system right there, cept I have a AMD 2400 *going to be a 2600 for the 333 fsb*

    How'd you pull that? I used to pull it, then my computer kinda died (check my OCing post). Anyway. What are your settings in the advanced tab for the 9000 pro? Is yours the 128 MB or 64 MB version?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X