Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFXI Bench 2 Score / Specs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mikeablah
    replied
    I did quite well IMO

    P4 2.0ghz
    256mb DDR Ram
    Ati Radeon 9000
    40GB HDD

    High- 2926
    Low- 3254

    All settings set to max for best graphics

    Need to upgrade on some memory and a new Video Card

    Leave a comment:


  • wireless_ninja
    replied
    Current Specs are as follows:

    Athlon XP 2600+
    333FSB
    512MB DDR333
    ATI Radeon 9700 PRO
    Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra
    60GB Quantum Fireball AS Pro

    Benchmark Scores are:
    Original:
    5584
    New:
    4530 - Lo-Res
    4178 - Hi-Res

    Not too shabby!

    Leave a comment:


  • replica
    replied
    lol, they're really not.. well, ok most of them are... particularly the FX series. i just don't understand why nvidia couldn't go with the real DX9 standard. but i've seen quite a few ti4600's beat the now popular 9600 pro with this bench (sure it won't beat it with HL2 but that's a retarded comparison since it's DX9 and we're speaking of FFXI).

    i still say if you're thinking of a 9600 pro.. save even more and just get the damn 9700 on ebay or at the day after thanksgiving sales if you can wait it out. or even better yet, xmas sales. although they weren't as good as the day after thanksgiving ones last year (80 gig WD special edition HD for 50 bucks, that was crazy) i listened to aerobahn about the 9700 pro... and i am quite happy that i did =D *turns to camera with thumbs up* thanks aerobahn! XDXD

    Leave a comment:


  • InuTrunks
    replied
    Hum... I'd think sucking would be best.... wow... that thing really sucks XD. Sorry ^_^;;

    Leave a comment:


  • aerobahn
    replied
    now now come on they aren't THAT bad...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Wait yea they are...

    Leave a comment:


  • Fire
    replied
    its these fucking nividia cards, as soon as i get the money im upgrading to the ati 9600pro.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rainey
    replied
    i think my comp is underperforming -______-

    amd 2700 2.1 ghz
    512 ram
    140 gig
    geforce fx 5200 128mb

    high/1400
    low/2500

    Leave a comment:


  • aerobahn
    replied
    sure but the most it could do is bring up your score a few hundred points... its your graphics card...

    Leave a comment:


  • smiler73
    replied
    help..............

    got a new pc 2 month's ago just so i could play FFXI , but on the bench mark test got 2099L and 695H ?
    got 512 ram , pentium4 2.66 ghz, nvidia g-force 4 68mb unshared, 60 GB hdd ?? when on the high res test the picture keep's sticking and freezing ? is there anything i can do to tweak my system?

    Leave a comment:


  • aerobahn
    replied
    lol I dont have one. I water cool:

    But I have heard the Suck vs Blow debate a million times in a million forums.

    Because the Nature of the Pci fan I would have it blowing.

    Make sure your Pci fan has that option as well :p

    Leave a comment:


  • InuTrunks
    replied
    Benchmark's in sig.


    Hey Aero, that pci blower thing you were talking about, what way is yours facing? drawing air onto, or away from the graphics card?

    Leave a comment:


  • aerobahn
    replied
    well sure adding more ram will help alot. but your grahics card will kill you. cant get 100 bucks?

    well pagefile tweaking will help. But the whole point is not to use it...

    Leave a comment:


  • Lone Dragon
    replied
    Hmmm...ok, but I HAVE noticed people who have older/crappier graphics cards still scoring higher than me in high res by 500-700 points.
    They usually have more RAM than I do, so I believe that's all I need.


    EDIT: Hey, is screwing with pagefile worth it? I have a lot of space I doubt I'm gunna use any time soon.

    My HD is (apparently) 60gig WDC something or other

    Leave a comment:


  • aerobahn
    replied
    well besides the ram.. im sorry to say your graphics card is very lacking. If you have any hopes as to having a higher score you will need to buy 2 things, Ram and a new graphics card. There's really nothing else you can do. sorry man

    Leave a comment:


  • Lone Dragon
    replied
    High: about 1500 (never more than 10-20 more or less than that)
    Low: about 2700


    P4 2.53 gig
    265 DDR SDRAM
    64MB DDR GeForce4 MX 420


    Even with other various programs running, the scores aren't very different from a fresh boot while being totally cleaned (which I've been doing a lot since I got the bench. :x)

    I believe all I need to improve my score is another stick of RAM, but I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to increase my score without making any purchases.

    NOTE: I more or less know shit about computers, so you may have to go into relatively deep detail and tell me exactly where I need to go and what I need to do if you help me.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X