Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFXI Bench 2 Score / Specs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ChivalricRonin
    replied
    Here goes...

    Low 7123
    High 6063

    (www.thunderboxpc.com) Xfuel Nitro SE prototype

    Watercooling System
    3.0ghz P4c at 3.3 (minor OC, I can go much higher)
    1 gig PC3500 RAM CAS2 low latency Dual Channel
    Abit IC7G
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (default clock settings) Cat3.8 drivers
    320Gig (2x 160 Seagate 7200rpm SATA) RAID 0 array
    Audigy 2 Platinum

    Leave a comment:


  • Lionus
    replied
    P4 2.6 HT (OC @ 3.12)
    ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
    1 Gig PC3500 DDR (Dual Channel)
    Sapphire 9800SE 128MB (OC @ 400/330)
    80 GB SATA 8 MB Cache


    4500 - High (Driver at default setting)

    Leave a comment:


  • Dark Strike
    replied
    Well the Gb of RAM doesnt seem to be the problem since i got 2322-H with 512Mb...

    Must be something else, I'm pretty sure its some settings that are lowering the score, but I dont know which.

    I'll be trying to figure out what's wrong, but thanks for the help anyways!

    Leave a comment:


  • Dark Strike
    replied
    Yeah it's my PC so I can do whatever I want with it
    I'll try what you suggested right away and post the results

    Leave a comment:


  • Ranmas
    replied
    Dark Strike it may be that because you have 1gb of ram.

    Some setups just don't like that amount. I've seen a lot of reports were someone has a gig or more of ram and have problems with there pc. Once they take some of the ram out the problem is solve.


    I'm not saying thats your problem but its something too look at anyway.

    In case you were wondering I have a
    Athlon 1.4 clocked at 1.57
    512 megs of ddr ram
    audigy
    Geforce fx 5900

    yea that processor is older and slower than yours. lets not talk about the video card. They are close enough in this case.
    But my score on high is
    3300+
    My score on low is
    3500+
    My scores are really being held back by the processor and ram. If you can
    I would sujest you try and take out a stick of ram..... that is if it is your computer, and not a parents computer or something like that. I remember upgrading some of my parents old computers, well they were newer then, but for some reason they never liked me opening the case......

    Leave a comment:


  • Sanada
    replied
    my pc...

    p3 1.0 ghz
    512 ram
    geforce 2 mx

    benchmark score 1400

    But im not going to play FFXI with that. In janurary ill have my new sweet pc

    Leave a comment:


  • Dark Strike
    replied
    Originally posted by Fire
    hrm.. athlon 1900... is that like 1.5ghz? that would lower the score. Whats your motherboard reading your ram at? 200mhz or 133?
    It's 1.6Ghz, and yes I know thats the thing thats lowering the score but other people with the same CPU 512 ram and 9700PRO are getting 3500-4000 as their scores...that's why i think its strange.
    And my MB is probably reading my ram at 133Mhz since the CPU's FSB is 266...

    Leave a comment:


  • Fire
    replied
    hrm.. athlon 1900... is that like 1.5ghz? that would lower the score. Whats your motherboard reading your ram at? 200mhz or 133?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dark Strike
    replied
    Here are my specs:

    CPU Amd 1900+
    1G DDR 3200
    Radeon 9800PRO (CAT 3.8)

    I get 2478 on High and 2586 on low

    I checked a lot of other posts and it seems that my results are way too low for my specs.
    Could anyone advise?

    Leave a comment:


  • Captain
    replied
    Anyone Know what a comp with these specs would
    get on the bench. I dont have the ati 9600 pro yet so i cant
    test it right now.

    p4 2.4ghz 800fsb
    ddr 512mb
    ati 9600 pro

    Leave a comment:


  • Fire
    replied
    Ok so i got my 9600pro today and did a bench with my original fx5200 then the 9600pro.

    amd athlon 2400XP 2.0ghz
    1024mb ddr ram
    40gb hd 5400rpm

    Fx5200 average = 1798

    Ati 9600pro average = 3715 on high.

    WOOHOO!

    Leave a comment:


  • Sunfyre
    replied
    Bench

    New bench....

    Low: 2855
    High: 1600

    P4 2.4 or 2.6 dont remember
    512 mb I belive
    GeForce4 MX 440... DOH!:sweat:


    Oh well... Ill be buying a new comp soon so I can give my dad his back :sweat:

    Leave a comment:


  • aerobahn
    replied
    It does nothing. I tested it on my two 10000RPM Raptors(raid) and my score went up two hundred.

    Leave a comment:


  • N_Matsumoto
    replied
    My scores are sooo low

    Score
    ---------
    938 H.R.
    1993 L.R.

    Current System
    --------------------
    AMD 2500+ XP Overclocked at 2.15 Ghz
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev 1007
    256mb DDR PC2100 266mhz
    GeForce 2 MX 400
    1x 20 gig HDD
    1x 10 gig HDD
    Windows XP

    I figure it my old GF2 card, and the Ram thats causing my system to underperform. So i ordered a new video and ram. Video cards make the bigest difference in performance!

    Once Upgraded system
    ------------------------------
    AMD 2500+ XP Overclocked at 2.15 Ghz
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev 1007
    512mb 2x256 DDR PC3200 400mhz Dual Channel
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128mb
    1x 20 gig HDD
    1x 10 gig HDD
    Windows XP


    What do you think of this new setup? I despertly new new HDD but they always come last in my priorities when upgrading. Eventually I'd like to get two Wester Digital HD (WD Caviar SE 80GB EIDE HD 7200/8MB/8.9/ATA-100) with the 8mb buffer and set them up in RAID. Can you imagine the HD speed then? That would fly!

    Any suggestions? Does any here have a 8mb buffer HD or 2 set up on RAID? How are your benchmarks, if so?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wrath
    replied
    AMD Athlon 2100+
    768 MB PC2700
    Radeon 9700
    Abit NF7 N-Force 2

    High res: 4000 something

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X