Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (07/09/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (07/09/2009)

Because people totally don't need the ash to claim Ixion or anything.

That's actually the only reason people kill them. It's enough that they get pixie hate and the pixies won't cure them or raise them if they've killed enough.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
      Regardless of BLU abilities added or not, SE should make it so when someone attacked a Pixie they automatically became targetable for PvP
      (And showed on the radar the same way CHF mobs do.) And the Pixies became Cure-able.
      Haha that would be cool, but then again... Who attacks the Pixies in the first place? Would you really attack something that heals you? O.o;

But then again, if you do attack a Pixie (Accidental AoE, or on purpose), there should be a way to reset Pixie hate.

Comment

There is.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

He probably means reset hate after accidentally hitting the Pixie.

Maybe if you let yourself get killed the Pixie would Raise III you afterwards.

Also, screw all the Ixion hunters for killing Pixies for the ash. And I'm keeping it extremely mild because I'd probably get banned if I said everything I think about them.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
            Sweet, next update on the 20th.

People whom I have thanked, plus some others, have pretty much said what I'd say. Except that any endgame LS worth their salt IMO should be helping people to recap exp if it is that much of an issue.

As for why I still play, seeing as how it was brought up, it's simple. I still have fun in FFXI, and the MMORPG has yet to be made that I would find more attractive.

So either until I make my own MMORPG, one I find more attractive comes out, or I lose interest in FFXI, I'll still be playing.

Also, there was a list of mobs who Blue Mages haven't learned anything from yet, but I don't know where it is. I at least know that fomor, gnats, and pixies currently don't have any learnable moves.

There is a move from Gnat type mobs (Ladybugs) Spiral Spin that you learn at level 60, fomor (or shade type mobs) you get Dimensional Death from as well, so the only mob that we dont get a spell from is Pixies right now. I've never fought a Pixie (dont plan to since theyve saved my ass countless times) but if a spell does become available, then yeah, im gonna have to go learn how to reset pixie hate.
            Originally posted by Van Wilder
            Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
            Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
            I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
              Maybe I should give the offline FF games another try, but does the Summoner always have an avatar out in the non-MMO FF games? I just don't see what's so bad about the design of trading MP for avatar time, especially with the number of perpetuation cost down gear available now.
              FFX, and I'm not ragging on the perp system I'm ragging on the generally shitty performance of avatars. Never mind that the Dev Team themselves said ages ago they realize that it bothers people that there isn't much incentive to keep avatars out for extended periods of time and intend to address the issue (though personally, at this point I'm not holding out on that one anymore)

PLD/DNC recapping exp is really easy with Campaign Battle--I'm a PLD, and I'm never concerned about losing exp in events. Oh, my last two merit parties had with PLDs in them, and I was on BRD.
              And not everyone likes Campaign battle. Nevermind it's slow as hell compared to a merit PT. You're missing the point entirely however which is certain jobs are demanded @ end game but when it comes to help the player behind said job, they get left to fend for themselves.

Manaburn BLM parties can do pretty darn well on Aerns (they RR up, so you can kill again!) and can solo Flans, so BLMs aren't exactly shut out. Heck, I've seen them activating exp bands while farming for Despot for a bit of buffer and limit points.
              Come to Seraph and preach your bullshit. BLM soloing is a very crowded affair and that rarely tends to go over very well.

TH2+ is still THF only, and THF75's ability to evasion tank in low-man situations is still darn useful. (Maybe it's a bit eclipsed by NIN/DNC now...) And, while you may not appreciate Collaborator and Accomplice, the BLMs in my LS sure do.
              Doesn't change the fact that you only really need one TH2+ THF and if hate is a major issue you can have SAM/THF fix that right quick... or get more/better PLD as there are times where you just can't have enough spare PLD on hand >.>

How come you don't complain /SAM gives Hasso, Seigan, Third Eye, and Meditate? Those are pretty good abilities, too.
              How about because that would be silly? DRK and SAM can use /THF for SATA and still do as much if not more damage than the THF, effectively doing a better job of it. And SAM main is so god damned powerful other jobs subbing it doesn't affect it much. You still see hordes of SAM @ end game because of how stupidly good Y/G/K are.

Anything else Mr. Smarty Pants?
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

1. Fuck Year new Blue Magic!
                2. WHERE IS MY DNC ENDGAME UPDATE?!

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  Ranting and raving

1. The SMN issue, most likely will get fixed (in some way shape or form) because as much as people say the game is dying, its really not. Also, just cuz they dont update the job the way YOU want it, doesnt mean the update wasnt helpful. Not everyone shares your mentality Malacite, keep that in mind

2. Yes, campaign is slow, and not on par with a merit PT, but guess what, its better than nothing! It wasnt mean to replace exp or merit pts, but to give you something ELSE to do while waiting for said event to take place.

3. No thanks, I like Quetz very much thank you, and from what you say, seems like Seraph sucks ass.

4. Ive seen THFs that out do many other DDs (SAM included) and as for only needing 1 TH ive been in EG LS's that take in as many as 4 THFs just to be safe. As for hate issues, its really the INDIVIDUALS fault if hate bounces around, the best tank in the world would have difficulty holding hate if the DDs are bing idiots.

5. Eat that Mr. Whiney-pants
                  Originally posted by Van Wilder
                  Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                  No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                  Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                  I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Maybe I should give the offline FF games another try, but does the Summoner always have an avatar out in the non-MMO FF games?
                    No, in fact, almost never. Generally the avatar does one special attack and then vanishes again. Hmm, that sounds kind of familiar, doesn't it?

Avatars being able to stay around for an extended amount of time and melee is pretty much limited to FFX - where it is seldom a good idea to do so, other than to build up their Overdrive gauges for later use on a boss (a concept that obviously doesn't carry over to FFXI).

I just don't see what's so bad about the design of trading MP for avatar time, especially with the number of perpetuation cost down gear available now.
                    Nothing. Mal just loves to whine.

TH2+ is still THF only, and THF75's ability to evasion tank in low-man situations is still darn useful. (Maybe it's a bit eclipsed by NIN/DNC now...) And, while you may not appreciate Collaborator and Accomplice, the BLMs in my LS sure do.
                    And non-THF SA and TA are so much weaker, they're barely even the same ability at all. They're basically *only* useful with WS, and even then they don't boost damage the way THF SA and (post-Assassin) TA do. (And that's assuming level 60+ - otherwise non-THFs don't get TA at all. By that level THFs get Assassin and have already had Triple Attack for a while.)
                    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
                      No, in fact, almost never. Generally the avatar does one special attack and then vanishes again. Hmm, that sounds kind of familiar, doesn't it?
                      That's a horribly perverted way of describing it. The system as we know it was not designed that way and you very well know it! Of course, it was designed horribly, which is why we see it unintentionally producing a similar effect, but dude . . .

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
                      where it is seldom a good idea to do so, other than to build up their Overdrive gauges for later use on a boss (a concept that obviously doesn't carry over to FFXI).
                      While we're here distorting the purposes of the systems in question, it's worth noting: hi2u Astral Flow'd Mission fights.
                      Originally posted by Armando
                      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                      Originally posted by Armando
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                        He probably means reset hate after accidentally hitting the Pixie.
                        If you accidentally hit a pixie, just CFH and the kill shouldn't be counted against you.

I've accidentally aggroed pixies when I cast a Sleepga II around them. In that case I was able to hit Retrace and just get the hell out of there.
                        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

There is a move from Gnat type mobs (Ladybugs) Spiral Spin that you learn at level 60, fomor (or shade type mobs)
                          I believe Ladybugs and Fomor are considered different from Gnats and Shades although I believe they are in the same family. Could be wrong on that though. I mostly think that since they have different moves. Shades don't use Fomor TP moves and Ladybugs don't use Gnat moves, and vice versa.

And sadly some people DO kill the pixies just to be bothersome, knowing that people don't like it. Hence why I support the support a pixie under attack idea. Generally the same people who like to train NMs through Campaign and try to get everyone killed. I really am hoping that no spell is learnable through pixies, or at least through pixie killing. Might be nice if after releasing X amount of pixies if they taught you something however.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
                            If you accidentally hit a pixie, just CFH and the kill shouldn't be counted against you.
                            I struck a pixie once ages ago by accident during a campaign battle, and promptly died (it R3 me after lol >.>) so am I still good? And yes I'm aware this is in all likeliness a stupid question but it's always nice to have closure.

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                            And sadly some people DO kill the pixies just to be bothersome, knowing that people don't like it.

Yeah, I knew a few douche bags who enjoyed running around valkurm dunes killing the random (and very rare) pixies that would pop in the present... As if the dunes don't suck bad enough already. Thanks, asshole. I'll never understand what drives people to piss on others' parades.Where's the logic in it?! SE designs a friendly mob that will Cure V you and R3 you with no EXP loss and people want to kill it just for the hell of it?!

orz
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                              That's a horribly perverted way of describing it. The system as we know it was not designed that way and you very well know it! Of course, it was designed horribly, which is why we see it unintentionally producing a similar effect, but dude . . .

While we're here distorting the purposes of the systems in question, it's worth noting: hi2u Astral Flow'd Mission fights.
                              SMN is the Air Strike guy. What they do in between air strikes or buffs is support their allies or cast nukes if they know some.

This is a fairly accurate description.

Sure, in FFX, you could build Yuna to be a damage dealing monster, but it really wasn't worth it as much as getting her Aeons to do it for her, which again was Air Strike Mode. Or if you played it my way, a series of air strikes no one could hope to survive.

FFXII also had the Espers stay out, but only so long as you had MP. Sounds familar. Summoning and this MP stuff appear to be a recurring thing.

The nature of summoning after FFV tends to vary from game-to-game. Some of the Final Fantasy games are actually devoid of the summoner class (FFVI, VII, VIII, XII) and instead make it possible for each charactar be able to perform a handful of summons, other games have one or a second designated character summoner and no one else can do it (FFIV, FFIX, FFX).

The recurring theme for obtaining summons remains fairly consistant. With the exception of FFVI, FFVII and FFIX - you must challenge them to obtain thier power. FFIV's higher tier summons had to be challenged, there was some test to overcome to get any of the Aeons in FFX, Guardian Forces had to be challenged in FFVIII, FFXII you must again encounter and fight them and FFXI you must challenge them as well.
                              Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 07-11-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Drk update wish. theres is still time >.<;

TP gained through damage taken like 1tp - 10hp lost would be amazing. And if the hp lost through Soul Eater would count as well for a great tp return on Guillotine or Insergency!. Drk magic should be instant cast since it takes away from your painfully slow attacks.
                                sigpicSolidous! from Laksmi
                                CoP: O ZM:O Sandy: 9-1 ToAU:29 WoTG: 15 ACP:O AMK: O
                                BLM:95 THF:95 DRK:95 RNG:82
                                RDM:95 WHM:95 WAR:60 Nin:92
                                SAM:50 BLU:95 DNC:49
                                PUP:32 PLD:15 DRG:10
                                MNK:22 SCH:6 COR:28

Comment

Working...
                                X