Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (07/09/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (07/09/2009)

Some form of Mighty Guard would be totally bitching for Blu.

Myself I think we're sitting pretty good in the DD department, light and dark SCs are covered already. I'd like to see either a Raise spell for Blus or some other kind of party buff spell. Preferably at a modest mp cost. While our spells aren't too terribly mp costly, we don't have the biggest manapool around so our spells still does cut into our mp a bit.

Spoken from the standpoint of one who rarely if ever gets refresh though.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I doubt we're done here. They said they were adjusting various spells and abilities on top of the NIN stuff.

Remember, last time when they did the part II for RDM they worded it specifically as "the second half". This was just a "follow-up", i.e. something to further antagonize those of us eagerly awaiting more info.

That said, this update damn well better apply to pets as well! My automaton is having a bitch of a time capping ranged and magic skills >.<;

>.> maybe I'll get lucky and Seraph will get Martial Master the week of the update! =3 My ninjutsu, throwing and katana skills are lagging behind. Also, please let 1 of the blue magic spells be either Trinary Absorption or Battery Charge...
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Being a DRK/SAM usually, with 2 "circle" abilities, I guess I'm looking forward to that the most. Maybe Adds Stoneskin or Haste Effect?
        Current Server: Asura
        Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
        Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
        Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
        Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
        Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Mostly yawn, but the skill up rate increase is nice....

Comment

Wow, I think quitting was the right decision. They're not even trying anymore.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

You quit the game Aks?

Also on the BLU spells: From the picture it looks like one self-cast buff and one offensive spell (looks "bladey" like it probably does damage and it could be AoE). Are there any existing mob families that don't have a BLU spell?

Comment

I think that after this last update. I may finally quit ffxi. It doesn't seem to hold my interest anymore. I havn't really leveled any jobs and have been too busy with other games (& rl stuff) to play anymore. *sigh* Oh well. My time in ffxi has been fun. I just can't grind anymore.

I'll probably pop onto Aion and keep playing TF2 for now.
                Hacked on 9/9/09
                FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                  You quit the game Aks?
                  Yeah, I posted about it in the accomplishment thread, didn't make a huge deal about it. I figure people will catch on eventually.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                    I figure people will catch on eventually.
                    Especially if you keep posting about it.
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

It's only the second time I've said anything about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm really only playing FFXI anymore when mission updates happen or new quests of interest are added, I spend too much time working these days to have time to seriously invest into EXP grinding. Its not just the work though, because the work I have right now is mostly bullshit that's taking up far too much time for what I'm getting paid. I suppose you could say that the FFXI endgame scene's bullshit draws far too many parallels to the RL bullshit I deal with at work everyday for me to stomach both. Takes me out of the game too often

I'm opting to find a RL work situation with less bullshit and an MMO that for a time will have less bullshit as well. For now, my gaming will veer to the offline variety.

-----------------------------------------------

BLMs got themselves hyped up when SE said "new spells," forgetting that there's a couple other mages in the game besides WHM, RDM and BLM.

Tweaking skillups at low and intermediate levels is fine, if you have problems skilling up at particular levels, there are plenty of ways to do it or even artificially gain those magic skills. But I won't go into detail about that little job called SCH again, because I know its beneath most BLMs to touch it.
                        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 07-09-2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

BLMs got themselves hyped up when SE said "new spells," forgetting that there's a couple other mages in the game besides WHM, RDM and BLM.

Tweaking skillups at low and intermediate levels is fine, if you have problems skilling up at particular levels, there are plenty of ways to do it or even artificially gain those magic skills. But I won't go into detail about that little job called SCH again, because I know its beneath most BLMs to touch it.
                          I'm sad to say I completely forgot all about BLU too...
                          sigpic

Comment

Anyone know when this magical update is suppose to happen? Can't access the main FF site to find out if they have mentioned it yet.

Comment

"Late July"

so... 10 - 20 days from now?
                              sigpic

Comment

To me late July sounds like the 27th, from 10 am to 4 pm PST. But due to server traffic I may be experiencing login difficulties, which means probably waiting till the next day to play.

Or something. /shrug
                                sigpic
                                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                                X