Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (07/09/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (07/09/2009)

Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (07/09/2009)

As a follow up to last week's article on new ninja job abilities, it is with pleasure that we introduce other job-related additions and adjustments scheduled for the fast-approaching July version update.

Peruse the details here.

As a follow up to last week's article on new ninja job abilities, it is with pleasure that we introduce other job-related additions and adjustments scheduled for the fast-approaching July version update.

Rate of Gain for Combat and Magic Skills
    The introduction of in-game systems such as Level Sync and Fields of Valor, while expediting job level increases in the low and middle level ranges, has caused gains made in combat and magic skills to lag behind.

To address this issue, the rate at which combat and magic skills increase during low and middle job levels is set to be given a boost.

Circle-type Abilities

Up until now, the benefits granted by Circle-type abilities have been lackluster relative to their ability delay. The July version update will see these abilities imbued with additional effects for greatly enhanced usability.

The following abilities will benefit from the above adjustment:
    Holy Circle / Arcane Circle / Warding Circle / Ancient Circle / Killer Instinct

Blue Magic
    Two new blue magic spells are scheduled to be added in the coming version update.
    Last edited by LilithAngel; 07-09-2009, 04:30 AM. Reason: Well, there *is* an update to a Mage job that starts with "B", but it ain't Black lololol.........

Re: Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (07/09/2009)

By how they lumped all these adjustments together, I assume there is no Part 3. Which means once again BLM gets nothing..
    Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
    Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy View Post
      By how they lumped all these adjustments together, I assume there is no Part 3. Which means once again BLM gets nothing..
      You know, I see a version of this comment every update. If it isn't listed, it doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.

Funny about the circle abilities. Now everybody BLU Speculate!

Comment

First BLU spell: Flatulence, inflicts new "Eww" status effect upon everyone in 10 yalms of the caster.
        Second BLU spell: Magic Missile, needs no explanation.

Lawl at the 7 year old buff to the circle abilities that people only pretty much used for the shiny animations.

Jk, good to see things getting addressed at long last...
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Taermus View Post
          You know, I see a version of this comment every update. If it isn't listed, it doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.
          If you saw it last update, they were right?
          Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

if its not RDMs bitching its BLMs ;p

really the update is not even here yer, before people start their emo "omg no update for us" wait at least a few days before the update, to allow for all the news to come in -.-
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Taermus View Post

Funny about the circle abilities. Now everybody BLU Speculate!
              Sorry, but seeing this update makes me skepticle that any other job updates at all will occur. If this is all to build anticipation about who will be updated next, it's a cruel joke.

If they're so interested in the Circle abilities, they might as well have made this a BST update along with it. How about tweaking Killer traits to make it so the person with the trait gains an Accuracy bonus while the target of that player has an Evasion loss, for example?
              Last edited by Ketaru; 07-09-2009, 04:58 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                before people start their emo "omg no update for us" wait at least a few days before the update
                Just going by what I've seen before. This update has been pretty good so far, I was just hoping the update might have something for my main job.

Comment

thanks for all of the details and specifics SE, this is wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                    if its not RDMs bitching its BLMs
                    I leveled jobs to various levels so I always have something to bitch about.

Oh, ya, thanks SE, make it easier to skill up abilities AFTER I needed it. Thanks SE, thanks for NOTHING. /pout
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                      Oh, ya, thanks SE, make it easier to skill up abilities AFTER I needed it. Thanks SE, thanks for NOTHING. /pout
                      Yea, I know what you mean. Well, atleast the newer players wont have to go through it right? MAke it so that the newer players don't have to stress about capping their skills, or being yelled at for not having capped skills and so on right.

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
                      If they're so interested in the Circle abilities, they might as well have made this a BST update along with it. How about tweaking Killer traits to make it so the person with the trait gains an Accuracy bonus while the target of that player has an Evasion loss, for example?
                      Yes... They should have added this. The Intimidation factor is nice, but it really isn't a "killer" effect unless, you gain some sort of ACC boost against the monster or something like that. Or even a tiny bit of damage increase as well. Bsts could do with some updates to their traits as well. They should also get a few updates that parties could use that will make them actually be able to make the targets eva down, or something like that since they "know" a lot about beasts, and their weaknesses more than anyone else will.

When I saw the blumage picture, I thought that there was going to be a good blu update, like possibly make it able to tank monsters...

SE, YOU NEED MORE TANKING JOBS!...

<Edit>

Maybe the circle job abilities will actually make the people gain ACC, and eva boosts against the type of monster like Holy Ciricle will grant a ACC, and EVA boosts against undead?

Comment

<Insert obligatory "Too little, too late." 3000 words rant about Circle effect stuff>

I wonder what the new BLU spells will be like. Haven't leveled (read: not even unlocked) the job so I have no idea what kinda spells would be needed.

The skill up thing would be probably helpful for capping skill on some of my lower lvl jobs but I've never had troubles with skill ups anyway, so whatever.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Now you can cap all your skills at level 22 in Qufim faster!

yay!

Well, if nothing else it will be nice for PUP since they have 4 skills that need to stay very high/capped.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Well maybe server wide guard and parry scores will go up that would be cool. I am still hoping for an update 3 though.

The circles improvement though I wonder what could it be. Like reduced dmg from that type of mob, or maybe a stat buff. But I assume it will be a + to the intimidation proc so even class with low chr can intimidate the mob.

Comment

Yay... faster skillups. \(o,o)/ ... just in time for me to start in on my gimpy Archery skills for SAM. I'd love to get Parrying higher at a expidited rate. If you're skilling up right, it can be pretty fast anyway. Kuftal Tunnel at 122+ was incredible for my Polearm. With this and the Kupo power (which I've not taken advantage of yet) skillups should be a breaze... course I've never had to skillup mage skills yet >.>

... I"m with others who have yet to unlock BLU. Frankly, I'm afraid of it. Afraid of the love/hate relationship I'd have for it.

I'd hope for more; but, I'm happy already. We're finally getting the completion of WotG.... that in and of itself is enough to rejoice about.
                              FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                              FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                              aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X