Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (07/09/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (07/09/2009)

Dance of the Dead >>> Raise 1 for dnc... {Can I have it?} ... no distance... you have to actually dance on the corpse.

... think that would be awesome... but a curse as well.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
      Dance of the Dead >>> Raise 1 for dnc... {Can I have it?} ... no distance... you have to actually dance on the corpse.

I support this idea.

Just hope SE doesn't have Copyright issues because of the /thriller motion for this new dance.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Id say the new BLU spells will be coming from some new mobs from up in the Northlands zones for WotG? But yeah they look like a self buff and an offensive spell, but how good they are we will have to wait and see (Asuran Claws sucked balls SE! hint hint!)
        Originally posted by Van Wilder
        Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
        Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
        I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post

THIS WOULD BE AWESOME.

ARE YOU READING SE?

DO THIS NOW.

/caps.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I'm nearly done with FFXI myself.

The only story misisons I haven't done are the last 2 quests for past Windy, and Bastok (past & present)

After I beat WotG and get my Maat's cap I'm done. I still do a little bit of end game (Dyna & Limbus) but for the most part I just don't give a shit. Hardly anyone talks to me anymore in-game anyway so why should I keep playing by myself? When we do get around to doing shit it's fun but the game's charm has worn off big time.

They'd have to release a new expansion giving us Tsayah to the south and the Orcish Empire of the North, as well as the Far East where Tenzen is from and maybe the far west all at once to keep my interest. It's a shame too, because there's still a lot of potential left in Vana'diel but I severely doubt it will ever be realized.

As others have said, it's as though the Dev Team isn't even trying anymore. They're only just now implementing shit that should have been done years ago. Too little too late SE. Not hard to see why they're shifting the focus over to XIV.

Speaking of which, SE, may God have mercy on you if you fuck up XIV.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

"A host of job adjustments and additions are in the pipes for the upcoming version update, including formidable new abilities for ninjas. Other jobs, too, are scheduled to benefit from myriad adjustments to magic and abilities. In this, the first part in the job adjustment series of articles, we cast the spotlight on ninjas, Vana'diel's agents of stealth and deception."

I still have hope for blm or thf.
              sigpicSolidous! from Laksmi
              CoP: O ZM:O Sandy: 9-1 ToAU:29 WoTG: 15 ACP:O AMK: O
              BLM:95 THF:95 DRK:95 RNG:82
              RDM:95 WHM:95 WAR:60 Nin:92
              SAM:50 BLU:95 DNC:49
              PUP:32 PLD:15 DRG:10
              MNK:22 SCH:6 COR:28

Comment

As others have said, it's as though the Dev Team isn't even trying anymore. They're only just now implementing shit that should have been done years ago. Too little too late SE. Not hard to see why they're shifting the focus over to XIV.
                No, that's just the typical jaded horseshit people are used to uttering. Perhaps one day they'll realize MMORPGs and thier personal expectations never mesh. All these different job updates in the last year and suddenly "SE isn't even trying." This after large-scale features are added, to boot.

I think its more to the end that many of us have realized we've been playing the same game for over five to seven years and wish to try something new, or we've entered a new RL situation that makes playing FFXI less practical. Or we got bored with it. Or people finally started to realize that FFXI's endgame scene is dominated by people who tend to be full of shit.

Combination of all of the above for me. I'll still play for the missions, finish BST to 75 and I think that's about all I'll ever worry about. I enjoy FFXI's world and story and the more casual elements of the community, but otherwise its time to move on.

Comment

I do think that the new stuff doesn't even look appealing, and I feel as though I've done everything there is to do. There just isn't anything else anymore except xping more jobs, and the only thing holding me in the game were my friends, the best of which quit and the few remaining have changed to the point that I don't even talk to them anymore.

After that, there's nothing really to keep me interested. I don't really think that the new areas in WoTG are going to be anything special. I think I could log in here and there just to chat with a few people, but really, there's no point in spending $30+ dollars a month just to log in periodically.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post

Speaking of which, SE, may God have mercy on you if you fuck up XIV.
                    I do think that they are trying, its probably just that they are fixing the current issues that they should have fixed long ago now, before implimenting newer stuff, that will have to be tweaked later on. Its easier to do it that way.

As for FFXIV... NO BLINK (Money AKA Ninja) TANKS OR ANY VARIANTS!

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with blink tanking.

The way I see it the problem isn't NIN's abilities, but how the battle system and damage calculation work. So it would all depend on how the new battle system is implemented.
                      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

The "Circle" JAs actually used to give players a haste effect. And i believe the killer traits inflicted slow or some such. I don't remember the specifics. Just that S-E was happy to turn them worthless.

At this rate, the October update will make Resist X traits actually do stuff!

And btw, I hope FF14 has blink tanks. I just hope it's 1/3rd of their damage reduction methods as opposed to 100%.
                        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                          I don't see anything wrong with blink tanking.

The way I see it the problem isn't NIN's abilities, but how the battle system and damage calculation work. So it would all depend on how the new battle system is implemented.
                          But with ninjas it is costing them money to cast magic. Sure, its a decent money sink, but it sucks when you have to go out and farm for like 50k every three or so levels just so you can level up more. Thats why I HATE ninja, and anything that uses money to tank. Yea, you have to buy your armor, and spells, but thats a one time cost, and you can use it more than once instead of 50 gil to avoid three hits. Thats a little over done. I played ninja until 34, and it made me broke as hell, even with crafting my own Shihei.

I'm glad though that SE added Innin, and Yonnin. There will actually be people doing damage with their ninja rather than wasting money trying to tank stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
                            Rate of Gain for Combat and Magic Skills
                            The introduction of in-game systems such as Level Sync and Fields of Valor, while expediting job level increases in the low and middle level ranges, has caused gains made in combat and magic skills to lag behind.
                            Mid-leveled players: SWEET! Now I won't have to worry as much about skills being under-leveled by the time I reach 75!

To address this issue, the rate at which combat and magic skills increase during low and middle job levels is set to be given a boost.
                            . . . whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.

Up until now, the benefits granted by Circle-type abilities have been lackluster relative to their ability delay. The July version update will see these abilities imbued with additional effects for greatly enhanced usability.

The following abilities will benefit from the above adjustment:
                            Holy Circle / Arcane Circle / Warding Circle / Ancient Circle / Killer Instinct
                            Just from this last one, I can pretty much already tell that the Circle abilities are getting an offensive boost to the relevant targets, at best.

Blue Magic
                            Two new blue magic spells are scheduled to be added in the coming version update.
                            Meh. Everybody knew it was coming, but was it really worth such a general promise of "adjustments to magic" in the Pat I?

Ah, well, at least I might get a new toy to use against the undead that I obviously fight on a regular basis, maybe. Not to dis the Red Mage update at all, but S-E seem to be getting in to a pattern of giving a single job a well-deserved host of adjustments in their Part I, and leaving the playerbase as a whole disappointed with a Part II that, while it technically covers multiple jobs, is shorter than the Part I. I mean, seriously, tactful Red Mage update aside, would it really have killed S-E to do more for Summoners than fixing something that never should've been a problem in the first place while simultaneously leaving everybody else asking "where'd my TP go?"
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                            Matthew 16:15

Comment

I'd put my gil on Circle effects giving a Signet-ish effect. Meaning a boost in evasion and acc while fighting the appropriate targets.

I wouldn't expect anything beyond that.

Expectation rate : 0.0000000000000000000001%

Edit >
                              Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                              But with ninjas it is costing them money to cast magic. Sure, its a decent money sink, but it sucks when you have to go out and farm for like 50k every three or so levels just so you can level up more. Thats why I HATE ninja, and anything that uses money to tank. Yea, you have to buy your armor, and spells, but thats a one time cost, and you can use it more than once instead of 50 gil to avoid three hits. Thats a little over done. I played ninja until 34, and it made me broke as hell, even with crafting my own Shihei.

I'm glad though that SE added Innin, and Yonnin. There will actually be people doing damage with their ninja rather than wasting money trying to tank stuff.
                              Use of items to perform skills/spells/etc. is very unlikely to go away on a FF game. Although I never had gil problems while leveling NIN (soloed it though.)

The only thing I find prohibitedly expensive about NIN is the elemental wheel on xp, but that's more due to me being broke all the time.
                              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                                Use of items to perform skills/spells/etc. is very unlikely to go away on a FF game. Although I never had gil problems while leveling NIN (soloed it though.)

The only thing I find prohibitedly expensive about NIN is the elemental wheel on xp, but that's more due to me being broke all the time.
                                Yea, you soloed, I partied, thats the main difference. The elemental wheel does help, but its to dang costly for the most part to even bother with, and uses up too much inv. You need 7 inv (14 with toolbags+tools) just for the wheel, and Shihei. Sure, the gobbie bags help, but still. A little over board with it don't you think.

Yea, I HIGHLY doubt that the use of items will go away with the FF series, even with an online game, but making necisarry items so costly? They should do the Shihei like they do the stone Arrows. 4 gil each per arrow. Isn't that much better than paying 3.3k a stack, and its still a gil sink.

Comment

Working...
                                X