Blu Cor and Pup Relic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu Cor and Pup Relic!

Dynamis and Limbus Get a Makeover! (08/04/2008)

The September version update just keeps getting bigger and better! We would like to take this opportunity to announce our intentions to implement some all-new features to both Dynamis and Limbus, as well as a few adjustments brought in by popular demand!

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

Dynamis and Limbus Get a Makeover! (08/04/2008)

The September version update just keeps getting bigger and better! We would like to take this opportunity to announce our intentions to implement some all-new features to both Dynamis and Limbus, as well as a few adjustments brought in by popular demand!

Blue mage / Corsair / Puppetmaster Artifacts and Relics
    The wait is finally over!

At long last, the highly anticipated relic gear sets of the blue mage, corsair, and puppetmaster jobs are here! Rounding out the standard 5-piece sets, the more recently added back and waist items will also be added to September's version update. Players with these jobs can now look forward to obtaining the ingredient items required to temper their artifact and relic gear with even greater enhancements!

When considering how to best introduce this equipment, the development team weighed many options, including the possibility of entirely original methods. In the end, however, the decision was made that such means would be largely unfair by rendering only players with these jobs capable of accessing new game content. Therefore, all of the above items will be procured in the same way as their predecessors, namely via exploits in the Dynamis and Limbus areas.

Drop Rates
    Great care has been put into assuring that current drop rates will see no negative impact from the introduction of the new blue mage, corsair, and puppetmaster gear sets. Players can rest easy knowing that any and all necessary adjustments to the drop rate ratios have been considered and implemented to maintain a fair and balanced game experience.
    Furthermore, the overall drop rates of select Dynamis areas, covering the relic gear of all jobs old and new, are set to be raised as well.

Entry Fees
    In light of the additions and adjustments detailed above, the entry fees for both Dynamis and Limbus were also brought under careful reconsideration.
    Thanks in part to the ground being made by the Special Task Force in combating RMT-related activities, and subsequent normalization of the game economy, the following reduction in price to entry items will be implemented in the upcoming September version update.

Timeless Hourglass: 1,000,000 gil -> 500,000 gil
    Cosmo-Cleanse: 30,000 gil -> 15,000 gil

Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Re: Blu Cor and Pup Relic!

Why SE why! Why make COR so friggin UGLY. Oh well. I used to do dynamis with a big LS and was thinking of joining back up with them again for old times sake anyway. So I may end up with it.

Comment

*laughs at the naysayers*

Thanks Skoal for the speedy update! Ninja'd your post to add the banner.

And hurray not only Dynamis but also Limbus now... this will make farming that much better for me ^^
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

The blue mage relic AF looks pimp. How long ago is it since these jobs went live though? I mean, will the people playing Dnc and Sch have to wait another 2 years before they see any relic gear?

Comment

I hope they gave DNC and SCH some thought before they released those 2 jobs, unlike BLU COR and PUP which seemed rushed.

Comment

Thanks Balfree. I am no good at making stuff look pretty.
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Finally. Now my endgame LS will finally do dynamis runs without complaning. Is anyone able to repost the pictures of the new relic? for some reason my work pc wont show them.
              Thf75/Cor75- Time to work on this...

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Comment

Originally posted by cadoxangelus View Post
                Finally. Now my endgame LS will finally do dynamis runs without complaning.
                No, they'll still complain.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

*slow clap*
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Seems like it works out if they have to be synthed outside of Dynamis. If I'm reading it right that is. Drop increases and price drops are always welcomed.
                    To be the best in this game...you must help each other become the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                      No, they'll still complain.
                      Oh I know they'll still complain, but it won't be about the damn prices. It'll now be about getting more drops of relic for jobs no one plays.
                      Thf75/Cor75- Time to work on this...

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Comment

Might go after the BLU set some day...

Comment

Price drops and (relatively) increased drop rates means moar win. This just means we can have a bigger buffer doing dynamis. We never get any 100 pieces, so I'm glad that we can finally not have to scratch and scrape to have a run.
                          The Tao of Ren
                          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                          Originally posted by Kaeko
                          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I'm glad I'm hearing more positive than negative impressions from this, seriously.

Comment

Better drop rates are always welcome. I'm forever hearing endgame players complaining that they didn't get a relic piece because about 50 other players also wanted the same piece.
                              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                              X