Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blu Cor and Pup Relic!

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
    When pissed off shell leaders and players start flooding GMs with futile calls about how their runs were stepped on, then flooding premium site suggestion threads with angry messages about the same, then maybe S-E will finally institute a uniform and enforced scheduling system for the myriad shells on each server, like they should have done from the start.
    Why all of a sudden would that be a problem now when there was a time when anyone and their dog could literally host a Dynamis run from nothing more then farming Pashow for a week?

People seem to forget that there was a time when 1 million was *pocket change* in this game. Where any newb or noob could farm items that sold for well over 100k in less then an hour at lvl 30. This price drop is just matching today's in game economy because 500k us still a decent chunk of change. Between the price drop and the added Relic, I'm sure there will be a surge in Dynamis, but it certainly won't be any worse then Xmas '05 when joe schmoe could fund a run and would take anyone, including countless RMT, with him for free.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
      but it certainly won't be any worse then Xmas '05 when joe schmoe could fund a run and would take anyone, including countless RMT, with him for free.
      That much is true. Inflation during that one Christmas at 1 mil was a lot worse than 500k now. I'm not sure myself what the situation was because I wasn't in a dynamis linkshell, but it can't be any worse now than it was then.

I still can't get over the 15k for limbus though. Is 30k really all that much? o_O
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
        Why all of a sudden would that be a problem now when there was a time when anyone and their dog could literally host a Dynamis run from nothing more then farming Pashow for a week?

People seem to forget that there was a time when 1 million was *pocket change* in this game. Where any newb or noob could farm items that sold for well over 100k in less then an hour at lvl 30. This price drop is just matching today's in game economy because 500k us still a decent chunk of change. Between the price drop and the added Relic, I'm sure there will be a surge in Dynamis, but it certainly won't be any worse then Xmas '05 when joe schmoe could fund a run and would take anyone, including countless RMT, with him for free.
        I haven't forgotten at all.

Maybe it won't be a problem, maybe it will. My point was that if indeed everyone and their brother starts running Dynamis and jacking people's spots, then lowering the price might actually be good(for other reasons than the obvious), if it prompts S-E to get off their arses and do something about it scheduling.

Comment

Why make relic armor rare when there's a lot of other gear that's as good if not better, and in some instances easier to obtain?! (See: AF+1)

Relic Weapons yes, but not the armor. This update is sheer freaking win! Makes me wish I'd held off on getting that brutal earring though @_@;;;

Also, I wouldn't worry about paying the entry cost. The price of coins will drop since entry fee has been cut, but it should still average out to the same as it was before, the only difference being less gil getting taken out of circulation.

That is of course, assuming people aren't going to be stupid about this (and we all know how that's likely to play out...)

Also, I'm unfortunately siding with 1 of my buddies in that neither of us are even considering going after PUP/BLU/COR relic as everyone and their cousin is going to want it now. I'm actually slightly more curious about their AF +1's, particularly the BLU body piece...
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post

I still can't get over the 15k for limbus though. Is 30k really all that much? o_O
            Yep, it is for me. My LS goes as much as they possibly can and thats 60k a week. I get to play the game for ls events mainly so farming time is precious....and few. Coming up with 60k a week was driving me nuts and I absolutely abhor borrowing money....even from my husband. So I, for one, am absolutely thrilled with the price drop. In fact, I can't see why anyone would object to it.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Especially since IIRC Limbus is instanced like assault?

Why the damn hell don't they just instance Dyna already so it's not such a damned scheduling nightmare (maybe they are? That could be the secret reason for today's server equipment maint >.>)
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                Yep, it is for me. My LS goes as much as they possibly can and thats 60k a week. I get to play the game for ls events mainly so farming time is precious....and few. Coming up with 60k a week was driving me nuts and I absolutely abhor borrowing money....even from my husband. So I, for one, am absolutely thrilled with the price drop. In fact, I can't see why anyone would object to it.
                Lol... I can attest to that. Back when I was in a limbus shell - and back when limbus used to cost 50k - I was always hard pressed for gil. I needed to borrow gil from my friends very often. > .>;

I paid it back, I think. Maybe. Actually, probably not.
                Why the damn hell don't they just instance Dyna already so it's not such a damned scheduling nightmare (maybe they are? That could be the secret reason for today's server equipment maint >.>)
                The same reason they don't instance limbus. If they instanced them, then everything would be a lot easier to obtain. It is SE afterall. x.x
                Last edited by Mog; 08-04-2008, 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

(All right!) relic armor for jobs I haven't even unlocked. But an increase in drop rates are always welcomed, specially considering I just went back to Dynamis last week.

(Strangely enough I unlocked and leveled WotG jobs pretty fast. But ToAU? I don't think I'll even bother finishing those job quests <_< )
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                    That much is true. Inflation during that one Christmas at 1 mil was a lot worse than 500k now. I'm not sure myself what the situation was because I wasn't in a dynamis linkshell, but it can't be any worse now than it was then.

I personally loved the inflation at that time. Linkshell mates gave me an old vermy for my birthday present in November, I ended up selling it in december when I realized it wasn't incredible for my SMN for something like 11mil.

Then the floor completely fell out from under the economy, everything got really cheap. I was able to score over 90 levels of clothcraft, 60 levels of leather, and outfit multiple new jobs, and get full HQ staves, and FINALLY ran through the last of it a couple of months ago.

As for the 15k for limbus, I think that might be to finally kickstart people into getting their shit together and finishing CoP. (Hell, many didn't even bother to finish RoZ, but whatever.) I think a fundamental problem with FFXI isn't inherent in the game, but in what people consider to be "goals." Getting sky and stopping at the very end of a long story is stupid. Maybe this is SE's way of asking people to just finish the damn expansions already and get limbus hoppin' again.
                    sigpic
                    The one, the only, the Kai!

Singing, slashing, taming, nuking, evoking, dancing, strategizing, & pwning Elvaan death machine extraordinaire!

75BRD, 75BLU, 75BST, 75BLM, 75SMN, 75DNC, 75SCH

Comment

As I assumed last week, SE is just going to Retcon Punch the relic in.

All I'm going to say on the matter of adding ToA relic to RoZ content is that if it took them this long to shrug their shoulders and just plug the relic to Dynamis, then there's no good, valid excuse to make DNC and SCH wait much longer for their relic. Two and a half years since ToA jobs were added and we should have seen relic a lot sooner if this was thier conclusion.

Also, lowering the price of Dynamis isn't a makeover, instancing Dynamis would be a makeover. Now Dynamis is just cheaper to enter, the means of entry, however, remains broken because SE just doesn't have the stones to take down the servers to instance the damned content.

I don't mind the look of the COR relic. The fact that it isn't the prettiest means its much less likely to get bitch-lotted for someone's Whitegate showpiece collection. I'm more interested in the stats for the relic and the AF+1 pieces. I expect both to continue in the contemporary direction of ToA and WotG AFs.

Comment

I happen to think the Cor af is the best of the three, looks very "Navy-ish" (and I don't just mean the color). It's a good compliment to the more "Pirate-y" original AF.
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I actually think BLU is the worst of the 3... be cool if they added some whites and less golden details i think. Cor and Pup look pretty cool imo.
                          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I love all three of them. Time to xp some ToAU jobs lol.
                            sigpic
                            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Sorry....the puppet relic.....HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA I seriously would not want to look insane like Kefka...

Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

He doesn't look insane, he looks stylish!

Wow I never noticed his HUGE nose.

Oh and EEEK! that scared me.
                                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                                X