3/10 patch changes to scholar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/10 patch changes to scholar

Split out of the main 3/10 patch thread. There's a lot of SCH-specific changes - starting with AF and their own Genkai 5, but it goes on from there.

Originally posted by SE Official Website
    New spell: Klimaform (SCH Lv.46)
    A quick google suggests that this is a German word relating to climate. Maybe something to improve the chances of weather effects going off?
    The following changes have been made to the scholar job:
    - The maximum number of charges for the job ability “Stratagems” has been adjusted.
    Lv. 10: 1 charge
    Lv. 30: 2 charges
    Lv. 50: 3 charges
    Lv. 70: 4 charges

- The time required to regain one charge now varies depending on the maximum number of possible charges.
    Maximum charges: 1 → Time to regain 1 charge: 4 minutes
    Maximum charges: 2 → Time to regain 1 charge: 2 minutes
    Maximum charges: 3 → Time to regain 1 charge: 1 minute 20 seconds
    Maximum charges: 4 → Time to regain 1 charge: 1 minute
    Wow. That's an enormous buff right there. From 30+ you can use TWICE as many stratagems as before, and it just gets better at 50 and 70.

Even /SCH can now get two charges and recharge every 2 minutes.
    - The following scholar job abilities have been introduced:
    Sublimation (Lv.35)
    Stores MP while reducing HP. The effect ends once the MP limit is reached, HP is too low, or you are attacked. Stored MP is gained when the ability is reactivated.
    *Your character’s HP will slowly decrease while storing MP and you will be unable to enter healing mode or log out while this ability is in effect.
    I'm not quite sure what this means. A slow-motion convert? I guess we'll have to try it out and see. Sounds useful though. And subbable.
    Addendum: White (Lv.10)
    Allows access to additional White Magic spells while using Light Arts.

Addendum: Black (Lv.30)
    Allows access to additional Black Magic spells while using Dark Arts.

- Scholars will now be able to cast additional white and black magic spells while using the new job abilities “Addendum: White” and “Addendum: Black”.
    These additional spells will be added to a scholar’s magic lists after being acquired, but will only be selectable when under the effect of “Addendum: White” or “Addendum: Black”.
    Which spells this applies to should be listed on the scrolls now (please post in this thread once DAT miners have a revised item list). One of the current known issues is that they accidentally didn't add it to the scrolls for Reraise, Raise II, Reraise II and Sleep II - all of which should now be SCH usable with the right addendum up. (Therefore, presumably, so is Sleep I.) Reraise is 40, Raise II 70, Reraise II 75 and Sleep II 65.

The low level of addendum:white suggests that slow and paralyze may be included in it - so you can have them regardless of SJ.

It's interesting that these are abilities - it suggests that they may have recasts longer than a minute so you can't activate them every time you change arts (otherwise they could have just made them traits). This will definitely make SCH more complex, but also more powerful.
    - Scholars have gained the job trait “Conserve MP.”
    Regardless of subjob. Awesome. Between that and addenda, I think SCH subjob choices just got shaken up in a big way, as many of the abilities SCH formerly chose their subjob to get may be available from their main.
    - Spells cast during the effect of the job abilities “Accession” or “Manifestation” will now only cost double the MP instead of triple.
    Sweet. Especially when you can use those so much more often - by the time you get those at all, your stratagem charge time will already be down to 2 min.
    - The casting time, recast time, and duration of the following spells have been adjusted:
    Sandstorm/Rainstorm/Windstorm/Firestorm/Hailstorm/Thunderstorm/Voidstorm/Aurorastorm
    For the better, one hopes. I haven't gotten these yet but reportedly the proc rate is pretty sad for the cost and time invested.
    - “Light Arts” will now also increase the enfeebling magic skill.
    Good for slow, paralyze and silence, if you're /WHM or /RDM or they're included in Addendum: White.
    - Scholar job abilities now have unique status icons.
    Separate icons for LA and DA, nice. Wonder if stratagems and addenda will have their own icons too...

All in all, I think this is the biggest single-update buff I've seen to any job, ever (although not quite as big as the entire history of PUP improvements from introduction to the present.)

If anyone finds (through DAT mining or just being one of the first people to log on) the stats of SCH AF, or scrolls with SCH/Addendum levels listed on them, please post them in this thread or in another thread in the Scholar forum.
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Re: 3/10 patch changes to scholar

Ok this is totally awesome, I really cant wait to log in now :3 I'm wondering if adding enfeebling magic to LA means the enfeebs are split up? like dark enfeebles under DA and Light enfeebles under LA one can only hope!!! I just dinged 55 on my SCH before we got disconnected so I get to see the majority of the new abilities and spells in use /cheer!!

Comment

Wow. Big, big changes. But seriously, SCH needed it badly. Playing SCH pre-update felt like playing RDM without the enfeebling tools.

Icemage

Comment

So, by 'store MP', I assume they mean recover? Basically, Sublimation would be like a CoT (Convert-over-time)? Also, any guesses on the recast of this particular job ability? 10-minutes, perhaps?

Edit

- The following scholar job abilities have been introduced:
        Sublimation (Lv.35)
        Stores MP while reducing HP. The effect ends once the MP limit is reached, HP is too low, or you are attacked. Stored MP is gained when the ability is reactivated.
        *Your character’s HP will slowly decrease while storing MP and you will be unable to enter healing mode or log out while this ability is in effect.
        I wonder if they meant "stored MP is gained when the ability is deactivated?

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
        WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

This is such a huge job buff but like Icemage said sch really did need some help.

Originally posted by Saphiera View Post
          I'm wondering if adding enfeebling magic to LA means the enfeebs are split up? like dark enfeebles under DA and Light enfeebles under LA one can only hope!!!
          I'm guessing it's going to work exactly as it did before but now whichever art is up is only going to effect cast/recast time and cost on enfeebles instead that and accuracy aswell.

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
          Even /SCH can now get two charges and recharge every 2 minutes.
          I hope so but the initial release made a big deal of saying only one charge from sub and the update notes didn't specifically state that it applies to sub too.

Klimaform to me sounds like it might take zone weather and apply it to a party member. Terraform - make like the earth, Klimaform - make like the climate? Perhaps it will be cheaper than the storm spells or extra duration or allow double strength weather or something?

I really want to try out Sublimation, something that helps me gain mp that I can use at the start of my haste cycle where I can't rest usefully anyway sound great. Also the icon changes are nice >< I'm clumsy on bad days so a quick visual confirmation of what arts I have up will be really helpful.

Not to be a whiner but this huge buff to sch (and the enspell damage change) makes me glad my whm is already 75 and being able to AoE status remove once a minute at high level does make Divine Veil look really crappy.
          sigpic
          Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

Now that SCH got a huge boost I really hope people dont start jumping on the SCH bandwagon =( that would severely kill me since I loved SCH even before the update and I fetl special lol being the only SCH in my ls..... now I wont feel so special anymore if everyone lvls it... T-T

Comment

Before they got the the SCH-specific adjustments, they also mentioned that weapon-enhancing spells are now determined by the caster and not the people recieving them.

So SCH/RDM is now even better than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                So SCH/RDM is now even better than ever.
                Yeah I was set on SCH/RDM before I even decided to lvl the job, now I love it and I dont think I'd ever change it even if SCH does get stoneskin and blink :3 I really hope the new mp regen ability doesn't have like a 15 minute recast I hope they make it small like 10 minutes same as convert.

Comment

Based on what they say. I think Sublimation is going to work like the following

*Activate Sublimation
                  *Forced to stand up
                  You'd probably be curing/nuking/whatever during this process since your technically taking DMG. I guess all those people before that didn't learn to /heal between pulls and whatnot will get a easy break.
                  *Sublimation ends
                  *Regain enough HP to reuse Sublimation
                  Sounds like they purposely set a limit so you can't kill yourself by using Sublimation
                  *Ativate Sublimation and recieve MP stored in say a imaginary battery during your initial activation of Sublimation and when it ended.

At least thats what I feel like it means

As far as further BLM spells . . .I'm guessing at best they'll give SCH the regular -ga spells . . maybe ancient spells if we're lucky >.> Can dream right? ^ ^
                  Last edited by Zempten; 03-10-2008, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I'm more interested to see if SCH's extra black magic spells will include escape, warp, tractor, dispel (it's not a BLM spell but it is a black magic spell), sleep, bind, gravity (see dispel), poison... there's lots of black magic besides nukes (which sch can already kind of imitate with manifestation and ebullience). Maybe even stun, who knows.
                    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
                      I'm more interested to see if SCH's extra black magic spells will include escape, warp, tractor, dispel (it's not a BLM spell but it is a black magic spell), sleep, bind, gravity (see dispel), poison... there's lots of black magic besides nukes (which sch can already kind of imitate with manifestation and ebullience). Maybe even stun, who knows.
                      Yeah I agree I cant wait till my update is done and I can log in and see all the new goodies my SCH has :3 I just dinged 55 right before the update so once I get my new macro's in control and all my new spells setup I'm ready to pt my way to 75! as /RDM of course!

Comment

Well I was just taking some spells off the top of my heads that were BLM and pre-50. Warp and stuff like that sounds good though ^ ^

Comment

Ok I'm just going to ask again but does anyone know the stats on the SCH af yet? if you do can you please post them for me? ^o^

Comment

Someone on Blue Gartr Posted this stuff.I'm just copying and pasting the SCH section

{Rare}{EX} Scholar's gown
                            Body
                            DEF:38 MND+1 INT+1 MP+13 Enhances "Dark Arts" effect
                            Lv.58 SCH

{Rare}{EX} Scholar's bracers
                            Hands
                            DEF:13 MND+3 MP+15 Enmity-2 Spell interruption rate down 20%
                            Lv.52 SCH

{Rare}{EX} Scholar's loafers
                            Feet
                            DEF:10 MP+15 Enmity-2 Grimoire: Reduces spellcasting time
                            Lv.54 SCH

{Rare}{EX} Scholar's mortarboard
                            Head
                            DEF:15 INT+4 MP+15 Enhances "Sublimation" effect
                            Lv.60 SCH

{Rare}{EX} Scholar's pants
                            Legs
                            DEF:27 MP+20 Enmity-1 Enhances "Light Arts" effect
                            Lv.56 SCH

Here is the link Order of the Blue Gartr &bull; View topic - Mar 11, 2008 data mining thread

Comment

Sublimation is 2 HP drain per tick(at level 37), restores an equal amount of HP lost to MP. 25 sec recast, have to use the JA again to cancel it.

WHM addendum spells:

All -nas including Stona
                              Erase
                              RR 1 and II
                              Raise II

BLM Addendum spells:

Tier IV nukes
                              Sleep I and II
                              Dispel

No SS, blink, Gravity or Haste

Addendum are Stratagems, but unlike the others, they have a permanent effect.

EDIT: SCH got added to the Glamor Jupon. Hurray!
                              Last edited by Gobo; 03-10-2008, 03:10 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Working...
                              X