Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3/10 patch changes to scholar

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    I just logged in and have been running around as SCH, where are Addendum Black and White? I don't see them.

It's in Strategms
    sigpic
    Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

Addenda are stratagems. Once activated they change your arts icon to an addendum icon, which has the arts effect plus allowing you to cast addendum spells. They are removed by the things that normally remove arts effects: dying, zoning, logging out, or activating the opposite art.

I haven't tested yet how they interact with Tabula Rasa (other than, presumably, you can activate them for free, because they're stratagems).

This has interesting implications for SCH playstyle, IMO. Shifting back and forth between arts will make addendum use rather costly, but if you stay in one art you can keep the addendum on indefinitely, nearly for free. So there's now (at least) 3 distinct ways to play SCH, in addition to subjobs: change arts freely (but probably don't use addenda much since you'll lose them quickly), stay mostly in Light with addendum on, or stay mostly in Dark with addendum on. Which of those you'll want will probably depend on the situation and party setup.
      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

No Blink or Stoneskin.......

I feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy yanks away the football......
        Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
        Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
        Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

I think that's good. If you want blink or stoneskin, you can still get them through subjob. What SCH *did* get by addenda is already amazing; what they didn't get was carefully chosen to (hopefully) keep them from being an ubermage.
          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Addendums:

Looks like, from the in game spell descriptions, that you only need scholar to the level you get the spell from via Addendum to be able to use it. The AH is down and I don't really want to spend 64k on a spell that's normally 5k from the AH to test this out. Once the AH is back however I will try it out, my rdm isn't 32+ so the only way I can get dispel is through scholar.

Sublimation:

There is a cap. My max hp was 1011, max mp was 906. Once my hp went down to 880 the drain effect stopped and my mp regained would not exceed 266mp even if I left it a good while after the drain effect stopped. Now even allowing for observational error (131hp lost should mean 262mp regained not 266 allowing for auto regen) that's slightly weird. I'm assuming the cut off point is probably time related because 262-266hp is nowhere near a simple fraction of my maximum hp and 266mp isn't a simple fraction of my max mp.

Edit: sorry but...Dispel *glee*
            sigpic

Comment

Sublimation cap is 25% of your max HP. Dunno how HP->MP gear effects (if does I assume Convert HP to MP will have no effect but, -HP will)
              sigpic
              Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

For all love SCH just got, what I wanted most isn't there. BLM/SCH is still screwed. Other mages have no problem subbing SCH of course.

Ah well. I think SCH will be my new main.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobo View Post
                  Sublimation cap is 25% of your max HP. Dunno how HP->MP gear effects (if does I assume Convert HP to MP will have no effect but, -HP will)
                  I'm a noob, hp_mp gear didn't occur to me >< thankyou. 266 is exactly 25% of my max hp without my hp->mp gear. I don't have any straight -hp gear in my setup anymore.
                  sigpic

Comment

Testing on RDM75/SCH37, outside of Moghouse:
                    1. Letting Sublimation drain 28 HP, then stop: 30 MP recovered
                    2. Letting Sublimation drain 100 HP, then stop: 102 MP recovered
                    3. Letting Sublimation drain 100 HP, then stop: 102 MP recovered (took off HP->MP rings for this one).

Testing on SCH43/DNC1, outside of Moghouse:
                    1. Letting Sublimation drain 100 HP, then stop: 102 MP recovered
                    2. Letting Sublimation drain until auto-stopped: 138 HP lost (~25%), 140MP recovered

Testing on SCH43/THF21, East Sarutabaruta:
                    1. Light Arts on: 50 HP -> 52 MP (engaged but no aggression from Tiny Mandragora)
                    2. Dark Arts on: 50 HP -> 52 MP (after sleeping a Tiny Mandragora)

No regen or auto regen in any test; RDM testing was with my normal MP gear, SCH was naked.

Conclusion:
                    As support job, Sublimation -> Sublimation gives MP equal to amount of HP lost + 2. Same for SCH main, at Lv.43.

MP is gained when Sublimation (the effect) is deactivated by using Sublimation (the ability) the second time. Dark Arts or Light Arts apparently have no effect. Having a monster targeted has no effect on MP recovery. Having a monster targeting the SCH has no effect on MP recovery.

Forgot to test what does getting hit do. ._.

D/C'ing frequently right now; may take testing suggestions, but only if they don't need a lot of time. >_>p
                    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I think I found the but on sublimation.

If you have sublimation up, casting refresh will have no effect.

Should also be noted that it doesn't wear off when you zone and you can have it going while you are on a chiken.
                      sigpic

Comment

<_ < I actually had the subligar one night but sold it lmao. never thought I'd use it.

EDIT: WTF is wrong with Quote Selected? It's not working properly
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Holy cow, it's true. >_<

Sublimation removes Refresh and prevents Refresh from being casted on the player.
                          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                            Holy cow, it's true. >_<

Sublimation removes Refresh and prevents Refresh from being casted on the player.
                            Making SCH a BRD whore.

A lot of these updates seem to be alienating RDM a bit...

Comment

Also making RDM/SCH a lot less uber than it briefly looked like it might be (since Sublimation is at a subbable level).

Also making /SCH a little less compelling if you have a RDM in your party (although still fairly nice for its other benefits, depending on what your main is).

BLU/SCH could still kick serious ass though, since it probably *will* stack with their auto-refresh (and BLU has several drains and easily accessible auto-regen to make up for that HP loss).

Now I'm wondering about DRG/SCH... it could have basically infinite endurance even without sanction/sigil refresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                                Making SCH a BRD whore.

A lot of these updates seem to be alienating RDM a bit...
                                COR whore, too, since they can enhance Conserve MP and refresh, making us horde that MP away like mafakas.

Comment

Working...
                                X