• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drunk players

NO U. Calm down dude, I was joking.
    sigpic

Comment

"I wish I had screenshots, but the last time I got wasted and was playing was a few weeks ago. I discussed our great Fuhrer W with my LS, trolled a few random people, and then later vomited in a corner of my room. I want to get to 65 so I can try that drinking game in Dynamis. It sounds fun."

This hit me funny and I know that's awful, but I laughed out loud for about 5 minutes after reading that line.
      RDM58/WHM46/THF24/SMN22/RNG15/BLM17/WAR15/BLU8

~~RIIAN'S CHOCOBO RANCH~~ VALEFOR SERVER
      check: www.chocobomatchmaker.net for Info/Pics

Comment

I've played drunk a few times. Normally after special occasions or parties, which isn't to often for me. Most of the time I would just log in and chat with the LS or help them out with some lower level quest and coffer tanking or something, but I do warn them ahead of time about my condition.

Though I did Exp drunk once. I was the puller and we were pulling raptors, and if any puller that have pulled raptors before, you know how fast those SOBs are, and as a Sam also! Some how some way I nevered died and we had an awsome exp session. Granted I'll always return with less than half my life left, but tha Pld thanked me cause he cured me and that helped him get extra hate at the start So it wasn't all that bad ^^
        "For too long, people just accepted their fate, their destiny. I for one, choose to fight it everyday, because to a man, there is no worthier an adversary." -Me

Linkshells: WindurstCavalry http://windurstcavalry.org | DarkLegacy http://dl.finalfantasyeleven.org

Comment

9/10 times im playing ffxi, I am ridiculously stoned.
          It was only a problem once, in a key pt, where I got lost in CZB because I had no idea wtf was happening.

fk yes

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks View Post
            9/10 times im playing ffxi, I am ridiculously stoned.
            It was only a problem once, in a key pt, where I got lost in CZB because I had no idea wtf was happening.
            I smoke while I'm mining, crafting, muling, etc. I tried smoking once during an XP party and it didn't go too good...we didn't wipe but I kept voking off the nin accidently because I kept screwing up my macros. After a little while of that, I found a replacement and excused myself...

But when I'm not doing anything important, I'm prolly stoned. My ls can usually tell about 2 minutes after I start chatting...then a few of them are like, "OMG I'm coming over ^^", they bring their laptops, and we sit around smoking and playing all night

I can't drink, though...I'm an angry drunk and when I was younger I used to get into fights and stuff, argue with my g/f (who is a weepy drunk, BAD combination), etc. Since I've gotten a little older, I drink maybe twice a year, and only with dinner or something. No pubcrawls for me anymore...

But me and the sweet cheeba, we get along just fine ^^
            I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
            -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
            http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

One of my LS mates is always stoned, and I'll tell you, he's a complete retard when he's stoned. It's not only how he's talking or anything, but just the things he does when he's playing. For example, the other night we were in the Temple of Ugglabhelplapoaiwevasdrtihagh (lol) and he pulled both an Opo-opo and a Tonberry, decided to take the Tonberry himself (which was fine, he could handle it) and then Converted in the middle of the fight, right as the mob did Throat Stab. That didn't end too well.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Ok was interesting reading peoples experiences of others and themselves.

The results of the poll... well arn't we all a bunch of P heads

Out of the 153 people who voted...

66 admitted to be drunk, 46 said they never get drunk, 29 can't drink (mainly due to being underage) 10 wont admit to anything, which is sufice to say those 10 should be added to the 66 who admit to being drunk on a few occasions while playing. and 2 can't even remember. (though judging by some of the posts, the only thing they remember is loosing alot of money or gear!)

It is interesting that some people think they play better while drunk? hmmm I'll leave that to interpretation. The people who were drunk i've partied with certainly wern't!!

As mentioned by others its not just drunk players that can make partying interesting, but stoned players. For obviouse legal reasons (and the fact that you can be traced by your IP) I will not do a poll on that.

Any other points of view before we lay this thread to rest?

Comment

I guess I missed this poll while I was taking time off from the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
                    Any other points of view before we lay this thread to rest?
                    I thought we had laid this thread to rest.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

I do not remember a time where i sat all day and stayed sober while playing. Fishing is my thing when im really hammered... i dont like crafting while intoxicated though...too much reading of what to craft next and this and that. Parties can rock but once 5 ouit of the 6 people in the party were drunk. I was the white mage at the time.. Very stressfull bizness while trying to remember your macros. But anyways we were about an hour into the fighting when our blackmage yelled.. I'm too drunk for this S#IT and started casting spells on a snipper.. He set that to his macro and we spent the rest of the day telling "this one time I woke up and" stories... LOL
                      Where is my Dream. . . . . . ?

It is a continuation of Reality....

Then where is my Reality ?

It is at the End of your Dream...

Shinji Ikari & Rei Ayanami

Comment

People who have to tell me they're drunk annoy me like those kids one Xbox Live that say they're drunk or high, except that the latter are lying.

You don't have to inform me how intoxicated you are, if you really are, I'll probably notice. I don't need the memo, drink your beer and shut up. I never see anyone talking about how buzzed they are from few cups of coffee, nor do they feel inclined to inform me.

Only time I want to be informed is when you're stepping out to smoke, that way I don't pull and get everyone killed. But they guy doesn't come back and tell mean how relaxed he is now from smoking or that he just coughed up some piece of his lungs. I'm glad because I don't care.

If you're gonna tell me you're drinking, at tell me what you are drinking. I like to try new stuff, I might like it. Enlighten me, just stop stating the obvious, I know you're drunk.

Comment

That will be QUITE enough. - Icemage
                          Last edited by Icemage; 03-15-2007, 02:07 AM.

Comment

{Ban}

Comment

Seriously? wtf? I think he just got dumped by a english girl.

Racist much?

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                              "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I already reported him.

In other on topic news...

The other day the BRD in my party announced that he was half-drunk. Looking at the time, I saw that it was barely 12:30 on the east coast. I asked him if he were EU, since they are several hours ahead of us, but no. He lives just a few hours away from me. So he was getting drunk in the late morning, early afternoon.

Classy.

Comment

Working...
                                X