Drunk players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drunk players

Last weekend i got home from the bar @ 2am and logged on. I had just lost promyvion-holla for the 3rd time earlier that day, and decided to start a party and try again...
    That was a bad idea
    sigpic

Comment

Ive had some people go on and on in LSchat while really drunk. They tend to be emotional and sometimes hostile. It's annoying actually. Alchohol lowers your inhibitions to a point where racist, sexist and elitist remarks start flying out your keyboard...

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
        Ive had some people go on and on in LSchat while really drunk. They tend to be emotional and sometimes hostile. It's annoying actually. Alchohol lowers your inhibitions to a point where racist, sexist and elitist remarks start flying out your keyboard...
        Some people do not know how to behave when under the influence of alcohol. This is a prime example. I would like to see if these same people would spout off remarks that were mentioned above, in real life. Lots of people are really brave and are badasses when they are behind a keyboard.

I generally act the same way in game that I do in real life. The only real difference is that it hard to convey my sarcasm with typed words.
        Thanks Kazuki.
        Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Yeah, ditto on that one Skoal. I end up writing "j/k" a lot so people don't take me too seriously when I'm just trying to make some jokes.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
            Thats nothing to be proud of
            Indeed. But when there's only one thing that makes you happy, well...I don't know where I'm going with this.

Ripped straight from a textbook. Fail.
            Last edited by dirtyclown; 12-19-2006, 08:49 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyclown View Post
              Indeed. But when there's only one thing that makes you happy, well...I don't know where I'm going with this.
              If drinking only makes you happy, then you need to look at how to sort out the issues that are making you unhappy. I beleive in the Us the schools have counsellors, I would go and see one and let it off your chest whats making you drink to be happy. You need to deal with this now, as later in life it will cause you more problems, more grief and may even take your life.

You go to a bar and see a drunk bloke, smelling, violent, no women wants to be near him, he staggers out, swears at peopel and attracts the attention of the police. he spends numerous nights in the cells as he can't stop himself doing it. One day you could end up being like that, you have a chance to stop that by acting now.

Comment

I like to play FFXI while drunk and/or under other influences. I find it very relaxing to knock back a few beers or light up and go do some menial task like farming or crafting (or rearranging my MH - I can do that for an hour while drunk -_-; ). I really enjoy the game that way, and almost get into an RPing mode.

I stay away from partying (or doing anything that other people might have to rely on me) until I am sober. I had a bad experience trying to party on my WHM while intoxicated- I didn't mess up or party wipe, but the stress and the intensity of being main heal in the dunes, added to my intoxication, made me break out in a cold sweat and my vision started to blur. I started feeling very ill, and I had to leave the party immediately.

I've never been in an exp party with someone who is obviously drunk, but there are certain people on one of my social LSes that always seem hammered. They tend to just be attention whores and spam LS chat, nothing harmful but kinda annoying after a while.
                Nibblonian: "You are the last hope of the universe."
                Fry: "So I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?"
                Nibblonian: "Yes, except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock."'

Sisqi ~Fairy~WHM 75
                PLD 60 RDM 54 BLM 48

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyclown View Post
                  Ripped straight from a textbook. Fail.
                  What are you talking about?

Comment

My linkshell has a Dynamis drinking game we play. The rules are something like:

~1 drink for every junk drop (sparkling stone, infinity core, relic weapons, etc)
                    ~1 drink for every af drop
                    ~1 drink if you receive an af drop
                    ~1 drink every time someone says "woot" (spelled exactly this way) (2 if you said it)
                    ~1 drink every time someone complains about af drop rate (2 if you complained)
                    ~1 drink every time the puller says "big pull"
                    ~1 drink every time someone dies (2 if you died)
                    ~1 drink every time ls leader says "stun" in /linkshell
                    ~1 drink every time main assist says "this is a {some job}"
                    ~Finish your drink if we wipe
                    ~Finish your drink if Trig speaks in /linkshell (Trig almost never talks)

The first time we played, almost the entire BLM alliance was too drunk to talk straight, and we almost completely cleared the zone and took home 500+ currency and 9 or so af.
                    Gia - Sandy Rank 10
                    RDM75/WHM75/BLM75/BRD75/SMN62/PLD61

Comment

Hey you know what..... I like it!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
                      Final Fantasy

Comment

Once a LS member drunk txt'd my cell and told me to "TELL THE LS I LOVE THEM!" lmao... which of course I did and now there is a running joke about it~
                        RDM58/WHM46/THF24/SMN22/RNG15/BLM17/WAR15/BLU8

~~RIIAN'S CHOCOBO RANCH~~ VALEFOR SERVER
                        check: www.chocobomatchmaker.net for Info/Pics

Comment

Originally posted by GiaCorleone View Post
                          My linkshell has a Dynamis drinking game we play. The rules are something like:

~1 drink for every junk drop (sparkling stone, infinity core, relic weapons, etc)
                          ~1 drink for every af drop
                          ~1 drink if you receive an af drop
                          ~1 drink every time someone says "woot" (spelled exactly this way) (2 if you said it)
                          ~1 drink every time someone complains about af drop rate (2 if you complained)
                          ~1 drink every time the puller says "big pull"
                          ~1 drink every time someone dies (2 if you died)
                          ~1 drink every time ls leader says "stun" in /linkshell
                          ~1 drink every time main assist says "this is a {some job}"
                          ~Finish your drink if we wipe
                          ~Finish your drink if Trig speaks in /linkshell (Trig almost never talks)

The first time we played, almost the entire BLM alliance was too drunk to talk straight, and we almost completely cleared the zone and took home 500+ currency and 9 or so af.

LOL that sounds like fun.

I've both tanked and played BLM drunk before. Only time I've ever died while xp'n (or let others die) was the one time I was on BLM... Tank was meh and I kinda got bored hitting my macro ever so often.

But usually my LS can tell if I had been drinking because I'll start talking alot. I almost never talk in LS even tho it is a social I 'lead". (Firm believer in letting social only LS's pretty much lead themselves)

Comment

Originally posted by Srxjo View Post
                            i cant drink becouse of under age and i'm smart enought not to do under aged drinking, i dont smoke, do drugs, so i clicked I can't drink
                            Yeah, same here. Still underage. I'd like to work at a bar, but not drink.
                            I've seen too many of my friends get into that sort of crap, drugs and drinking, and ruin their lives too early so... I'd rather not.
                            ~ Nikto nichego nikogda ne poymet ~

Comment

What are you talking about?
                              You stereotyped everyone who drinks. Nobody uses the word "Inhibitions". Ever.

Originally posted by Jarre
                              If drinking only makes you happy, then you need to look at how to sort out the issues that are making you unhappy. I beleive in the Us the schools have counsellors, I would go and see one and let it off your chest whats making you drink to be happy. You need to deal with this now, as later in life it will cause you more problems, more grief and may even take your life.
                              Excellent advice. However, school guidance counselors are retarded and don't give a shit about any of their students. When I was 11, I decided to tell my counselor about the child abuse that was going on in my home. He told me I deserved it and asked me to leave. I told him not only about what was happening to me, but what was happening to my older sister. I believe that I did deserve what I got, or at least most of it, but she didn't. Nobody deserves rape. Even after that, he just told me to get out.

I've talked to many different counselors, psychologists, etc. and they all just sit there and look at me from behind their desks. I spent 1 day a week with a guy named Doug, and you know what he got paid to do? Sit there and play Solitaire while I stared out a window. Real fuckin professional there. Excuse my foul language.

My issues could have easily been solved had someone stopped and listened to me for 5 minutes. But nobody did, and now I sit up at night in the dark, knocking back a bottle of Vodka so I can sleep without dreaming. It's a wonderful world we live in. Anyway, enough of my pointless ranting. This is a happy thread, isn't it?

I wish I had screenshots, but the last time I got wasted and was playing was a few weeks ago. I discussed our great Fuhrer W with my LS, trolled a few random people, and then later vomited in a corner of my room. I want to get to 65 so I can try that drinking game in Dynamis. It sounds fun.
                              sigpic

Comment

I use the word. Does that count ?

Sheesh, lighten up.

Comment

Working...
                                X