Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Ask a question thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a question thread.

Ask questions that you would like answered by SE in this thread.

I know I know we have a whole forum section for that, but to sum things up, just ask your question here, no discussions are to be had please, let's keep it clean.

Remember, ASK a QUESTION, do not give SE suggestions or "is there a plan to do things the way I'd like them to be done?" type questions.

-removed my lame questions- :P
    Last edited by Balfree; 11-08-2007, 09:58 AM.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Re: Ask a question thread.

Will a Dragoon's wyvern ever grow in size or will they remain a cute little baby dragoon forever?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Thanks for the topic, but I honestly hate your examples. Let's PLEASE not waste our questions on WOTG content that we will discover a week or two after the event.

I think I have three I'd like to suggest:

1. What sorts of things are there that the development team is unable to do, such as new content, changes to the client, or otherwise, that they are not able to? What sorts of arguments have members of the development team had with each other about changes to FFXI?

2. We understand that you use the POL client as a content delivery system, and cannot use FFXI without it. Do you have any plans to bring more titles to PlayOnline in North America so that users here can also take advantage of the service and enjoy it for other games? Or any special plans for the client itself that would interest FFXI players?

3. Many of us remember when SE sent a representative to a popular FFXI forum to see what players thought about a situation. Many disliked the result, and they seem to have vanished afterwards. There seems to be no communication between most players and SE. Is SE pleased with it's distance from the community currently? Or do you want to improve that? In other MMOs, it is not uncommon for developers and GMs to discuss things on forums, or to show up in special in game events. I can only remember each of these things happening once-- the above mentioned situation, and a Halloween event a few years ago. While I realize it is more difficult for SE to do such things as no official forums exist, and events are normally only held near holidays, is this something you have considered or wish to do, or do you think it is a waste of time? Of course many GMs, and I'm sure developers as well, play FFXI and use forums in their private time simply because they enjoy it. Do you feel that this is adequate communication with the playerbase, even it we do not know we are being heard?

I'd also like to ask if they have any plans to make FFXI's client/server free (be it open source or just available), or make an offline version of FFXI, but I think FFXI has enough life in it that those questions can wait at least a few ffffs.

Comment

Is there an imbalance between monsters and players?

Is there an imbalance between monsters and players?

Players' abilities, especially those of melee damage dealers, have been steadily increased over the years. Some examples:
        • Two-handed weapons benefiting more from stats
        • Hasso
        • Haste/Accuracy gears
        • Three forms of external MP refresh, stackable
        • Armor with "Refresh" effect
        • Sushi (for substantial accuracy increase)
        • Various other gears
        • Merits

In contrasts, the monsters' performance have largely remain the same. Many players would even say the last expansion pack, Treasure of Aht Urghan, gave us monsters which are even weaker for the experience points received. (e.g. Imp with its low HP.) That, instead, has further lowered the effective difficulty of monsters, since players naturally gravitate to targets which give the best experience points per hour.

Does FFXI's development team agree that there is an imbalance between the players and the monsters, to the detriment of the game? If so, how does the team plan to address the problem?

Originally: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ask...s-players.html
        Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 11-07-2007, 05:32 PM. Reason: Disentangle automerge.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Will Galka and Mithra ever get something to wear on their tails? a key item or a new equipment slot... or anything of that manner?

Our tails are always bare...... it gets cold :(
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Should "Skillchain + Magic Burst" style be encouraged in exp party?

Should "Skillchain + Magic Burst" style be encouraged in exp party?

Currently, there is trend for "TP spam" exp parties, where every front line fighter and physical ranged weapon user simply use his weapon skill (WS) individually instead of combining them to form skillchain (SC) to open opportunity for magic burst (MB).

This is so effective that the skillchain + magic burst system, which requires higher player skill and knowledge as well as party cooperation, is rarely used in pick-up groups anymore. While the game should allow for multiple ways of gaining experience points, it is a shame losing this aspect of cooperative play.

Will S-E encourage the return of skillchain and magic burst? If so, what kind of adjustments can we look forward to? Can the experience points per hour obtainable between "TP spam" and "SC+MB" play styles be made more even?

Originally: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ask...exp-party.html

- Mugaku

Comment

How I mine for fish?

Comment

How does S-E measure FFXI's economy?

How does S-E measure FFXI's economy?

Since many players will always find something to complain about the economy, Square-Enix must employ more objective measurements of the health of the economy than player feedbacks when determining whether FFXI economy is in good health or not.

Would it be possible for S-E to provide some insights on which economic statics are gathered and how they are used? Also, would S-E mind releasing some of these info, such as charts of:
                • Inflation Rate (over 1 year period)
                • Per Capita Gil holding (over 1 year period)
                • Per Capita Net Worth (over 1 year period)
                • Monetary Velocity (over 1 year period)
                • Total Gil in circulation (over 1 year period)
                • Aggregated Auction House Merchandise Value (over 1 year period)
                In addition, I would like to request no economic data breakdown by World, in order to minimize the chance of spurring world migration requests by players and RMT's alike.

Originally: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ask...s-economy.html

- Mugaku

Comment

When S.E. was developing Rise of the Zilart jobs, what was the rationale for making Utsusemi's sucess [of blocking an attack] not depend on Ninjustsu skill like the rest the Ninja's magic?

(It's just one of those things that I've always wanted to know as sort of an insight to SE's development process)

signature by fallenintoshadows

Comment

I got 3 (in order of preference), and I'll be blunt & to the point.

1 - Is the Mystic Knight job class from Final Fantasy V at all possible, or will there simply be higher level enspells for Red Mage?

2 - Are there any plans to change how defensive abilities such as Guard and Parry, along with armor types (e.g. full plate versus cloth)work to reduce and avoid taking damage?

3- What do you plan to do about the current state of crafting and the utter lack of profits to be made on anything other than a high quality synthesis? (and even then it's hard)
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Some sort of official parsing feature? That could be viewed with POL or something, I'd love to see how I do on ps2 D:
                      Ok that's stupid and won't happen; how about:
                      Level 65+ for level 8 Beseiged or something of the the sort?
                      Losing the AC because 75's can't get in because it's filled with level 42 Plds, 57 Mnks, and 24 Blms casting spells on GtM is silly. -_-;;

fk yes

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
                        Remember, ASK a QUESTION, do not give SE suggestions or "is there a plan to do things the way I'd like them to be done?" type questions.
                        made big and red to give the impression that balfree is going to kill you if you don't.

Comment

Alrighty I'll reword it to make it sound like a question coming from an angry douche. I didn't want to sound mad, because I'm not, and in this form they do sound pissed:
                          When is the offical SE sanctioned FFXI parser for all platforms which we shall be able to view on POL or some shit like that being released?
                          Why do you let low levels in Besieged? You'll be fixing this next update correct? You understand I hate losing the AC and whatever I say is obv right etc etc
                          but seriously
                          saw they are adding more gobbie bags which is pretty tight imo

fk yes

Comment

711rocks: Actually I was talking to half the thread, but given that you posted the same thing with a quotation mark at the end, let me quote it again for you.

do not give SE suggestions or "is there a plan to do things the way I'd like them to be done?" type questions.
                            it's not that hard people.

Comment

I have to agree that asking questions about the expansion that we'll see answers to in two weeks is a big waste of a rare opportunity. So...

* White Mage is supposed to be the premier healer in the game, according to you. However, Red Mage outshines it in XP and especially merit parties, the most common activity in the game. Do you plan to improve the white mage's ability to keep up with fast-moving parties in some way, aside from introducing a subjob that could just as easily be employed by RDM?

But if you really absolutely refuse to ask them real questions, then:

* In the Treasures of Aht Urghan story, the player character took many actions that demonstrated a level of gullibility and myopia that grated on some players, making them unable and unwilling to identify with their own character. Will the player character behave more intelligently in Wings of the Goddess and future expansion missions?

...that last one is what I'd like to know as far as fluff. -- Pteryx

Comment

Working...
                              X