Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Ask a question thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a question thread.

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    Question:

Where did the Balfree name come from?
    Actually, that is a somewhat valid question, as SE made that name for me. It was one of the early names for Balthier of FFXII. I like that character and I liked the name.

Pretty soon i think ill be prunning this thread :s
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

You don't even play FFXI, so I'm oblivious to why you care about the questions people ask.
      Just because I do not play does not mean I am not interested, and just because I do not play does not mean that I don't have many friends that get screwed over when retarded questions get asked.

For anyone that went to fan fest, I'm sure most of us remember the guy that asked how Galka reproduce. If it is answered in the instruction manual, it's a waste of a question. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
        ... and just because I do not play does not mean that I don't have many friends that get screwed over when retarded questions get asked.
        If the extant to which your friends get "screwed over" is only in having SE asked retarded questions, they should envied for their quality of life.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

yes, because allowing one bad thing is ok just because there are other bad things out there. How about we just legalize theft then, since there are murderers and rapists out there? Some things being worse than others does not mean that you could let the little things get away too.

Comment

Question:

Does the Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack will be availble to buy in Mexico at the realese date?

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
              I recall the comment being something about the juggling act that was a purely backline RDM, how, for it's rapid invites, nothing about the job is easy. That popularity does not make for a posh position. That's what YOU said. I'm still trying to find the quote.
              I said RDMs didn't have it easy in the context of party performance. That's different from being a sourpuss about what your role is in PT when you are so demanded for PTs and have a high invite rate. There is a difference between juggling your duties in a PT and whining about them incessantly like your job is broken. The climate of the game changed, how your job functioned did not..

No one make RDMs main heal, period. RDMs let people tell them to main heal and they obey. RDM just happens to be its own worst enemy.

For someone who quit RDM because playing as others expected/demanded stressed you out, I'd expect you above all to understand.
              I quit RDM because I had levelled it for a static and he day after we hit 60 that static blew up in my face - super buzzkill. I watched two good in-game friends tear each other apart and I lost my will to level it. All that work for my friends and it wasn't even a job I was interested in, I simply played it well and understood it. I tried to push it a little further, but at 65, my interest just fizzled. I'm simply not obligated to continue a job to 75 if my interest in it has ceased.

Additionally, I didn't like how BRD had already painted me into a corner at endgame, RDM would only serve to restrict me further. I wanted different roles and have since pursued them in COR, RNG and BST. Next on the list is Dancer and Scholar, possibly BLU and PUP as well. ToA/WotG jobs interest me in ways the others just don't.

Comment

ToA/WotG jobs interest me in ways the others just don't.
                Frilly AF?

Comment

With the recent success of the special task force on gil sellers and various cheating program users, is there any plans to go back and look at the older NM's and place a "fair" version of instances in WoTG?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the much needed Beastmaster update that you have implemented (thank you by the way,) is there any discussion of making it easier for players to solo overall, outside of the small signet boost?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the recent Welcome Back campaign success again are you planning to offer this just before every expansion?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off topic: Hey everyone good to see some things never change >.<;. Nice try tho balfree =D
                  [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
                    Question:

Does the Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack will be availble to buy in Mexico at the realese date?
                    Lawlz no way they'll do that. You, me and the other 4 poeple in MX playing the game will have to import the old fashion way. :/

I just wish they would sell it via download. >_<

Edit >

Oops question:

When (exactly) are you planning on releasing the DX9 upgrade and what improvements can we expect from the change besides windowed mode?
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

In my opinion, these questions are worth considering:
                      * Have you considered making Linkshell ownership transferable? -LyonheartLakshmi
                      * What do you think about making a Mog Warehouse system available to players? -Raydeus
                      * Will we ever be able to listen to shouts from inside our Mog House? -Raydeus
                      * Does SE have plans to further PVP roles and interests? -wrongfeifong

Regarding the RDM vision question: Too RDM-centric. Ok, you don't like the Pink mage role, and you're not allowed to melee in parties, I understand. Still, many PLDs are discontent with having to be a DD in merit parties, and SMNs are discontent about...everything about their job, as far as I know. If the question were rephrased to be general, I wouldn't mind it being asked. Otherwise, I don't see reason to waste one out of a limited number of questions on RDM when it's not the only job the players are pressuring to perform differently from what its arguable original purpose was.

Comment

Here's a couple more I thought of.

- In the wake of Treasures of Aht Urhgan with people having grown accustomed to easy, fast respawning enemies are there any plans to adjust the relative difficulty level, EXP value, or respawn times of enemies in the middle lands?

- Now that RMT is becoming less of a problem, are there any plans to increase drop rates in Dynamis or make it an instanced event such as Assault is?

- Are there any plans to tweak existing spells to more closely reflect the relative skill level of the caster? (Such as Sneak and Invisible, which are both completely random in duration regardless)
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                          - Now that RMT is becoming less of a problem, are there any plans to increase drop rates in Dynamis or make it an instanced event such as Assault is?
                          I think I remember in one of the 1Up interviews they said they wouldn't be changing Dynamis to an instanced zone like Assault. Something about "old way and new way" or something like that.
                          Haikus are easy.
                          But sometimes they don't make sense.
                          Refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                            Regarding the RDM vision question: Too RDM-centric. Ok, you don't like the Pink mage role, and you're not allowed to melee in parties, I understand. Still, many PLDs are discontent with having to be a DD in merit parties, and SMNs are discontent about...everything about their job, as far as I know. If the question were rephrased to be general, I wouldn't mind it being asked. Otherwise, I don't see reason to waste one out of a limited number of questions on RDM when it's not the only job the players are pressuring to perform differently from what its arguable original purpose was.
                            You know, I figured that was the problem with that question. But, my thinking behind it was "ask a vague question, get a vague answer."

So, while I'm fully aware other jobs are in similar situations (Summoner comes to mind, like you said), I wanted specifics. I know it was kind of selfish, and I apologize.

How would you rephrase the question?
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                            Matthew 16:15

Comment

I would like to note that I do not have any problems with RDM.

Comment

I don't know. Probably something along the lines of "Are there any jobs that players are using differently from your original vision of it?" or "What jobs are currently being used in ways you didn't expect?"

Comment

Working...
                                X