Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Ask a question thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a question thread.

Then I'll ask a question relating to this mini discusion.
    Will the backline jobs(whm, smn, rdm & blm) ever see an option to become effective to DD through melee damage that would make them comparable to the average melee job, if the backline jobs was equipped with similar accuarcy, attack, str, dex to that of the average DD?
    Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Feba: The playerbase won't let RDM melee because RDM sucks at it in the long run; if they equip themselves to compensate for this weakness, they dilute their strengths. As for the Pink Mage issue, that's the result of TPburn-friendly camps a stone's throw away from the game's hub city. The playerbase only adapts to what the game gives them to find the most efficient solutions. The only way this will change is if SE changes what the most efficient solutions are. Therefore, I feel that the question of what SE's vision for RDM is, particularly with Scholar treading similar ground, is relevant. And whether or not a question is relevant is the only discussion that belongs in a thread such as this. -- Pteryx

Comment

And who decides what 'sucks'? The playerbase.

SE has suggested a lot of times that we are playing at a much higher level than they were expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
          And who decides what 'sucks'? The playerbase.
          Nice Stephen Colbert impression there, Feba. The playerbase doesn't "decide what sucks". The playerbase discovers what works well and what doesn't work as well and then demands only the best. The reality is there in the code. We don't make that, SE does. So for crying out loud, asking what SE's attempting to accomplish is a good question.

If you refuse to consider the theory part of theory vs. practice relevant, just ignore the answer if they ask the question. I'm quite certain that I'm not alone in feeling that it is relevant, considering that I wasn't the one who asked the question in the first place. If you continue to argue the point, I'll only have to conclude that you're only doing so for the perverse pleasure of pissing people off. The mods will pick the question or they won't; arguments for and against are presented. -- Pteryx

Comment

Pteryx, the thing is, unless RDM is an amazing melee, players aren't going to use it for that. The playerbase doesn't like 'ok', it likes 'amazing'. This is why there is such discrimination amongst jobs, and why FFXI only has two tank jobs. There is nothing SE can do about this. Either some classes are going to be the best and the playerbase is going to use them, or the playerbase could decide to accept the mediocre and use whatever they want. This playerbase is not going to do the latter, unless you get a static party that will, in which case go knock yourself out.

Red Mage has always and will always be a job that has white magic and black magic, as well as sword skills, but isn't particularly good at any of them. Last I checked, it's been that way for two decades. Why would FFXI be any different? There is no argument for the question, you want to see it asked, but there is no good reason to do so. It's job purpose is VERY CLEAR. There's no reason to ask.

Comment

We can infer from the drastic change to RDM that whatever S-E originally set out to do, it didn't come out right. It should be interesting question to put to S-E, asking what was the role the Devs originally envisioned for RDM at the start, then what did it eventually became as they added Refresh and other tweaks.

Biting on the lore with a death grip isn't nearly as interesting, Feba. I'm rather interested in the evolution of Devs' view on Red Mage.

This thread was a dumb idea; someone once told me it was silly not to expect replies--asking for no discussion was never going to work, except for an extremely boring topic. All this thread does is to give an opportunity to mix discussions of multiple questions together, for no good reason.

The original rule of one question and its associated discussion per thread was much better.
              Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 11-09-2007, 03:54 AM.
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

you know, a simple request was made by the OP...... is it THAT HARD to follow it?

I say all "discussion posts" be removed from this thread, and leave only the questions
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                  This thread was a dumb idea; someone once told me it was silly not to expect replies--asking for no discussion was never going to work, except for an extremely boring topic. All this thread does is to give an opportunity to mix discussions of multiple questions together, for no good reason.

The original rule of one question and its associated discussion per thread was much better.
                  No Itazura, I did not ask people not to post replies. I asked people to post questions and refrain from much discussion.

You also do not see me telling people to back off, because It's not that important if people actually want to discuss, but it would be preferable if they didn't.

I made this thread to make it easy on the moderators to find good questions, and wow! It has worked pretty good, we now have an idea of what to submit.

The original rule is still up and running, we didnt disable it.

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                  I say all "discussion posts" be removed from this thread, and leave only the questions
                  The thought has crossed my mind but it has not reached the point where that is necessary.
                  signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                    No Itazura, I did not ask people not to post replies. I asked people to post questions and refrain from much discussion.

You also do not see me telling people to back off, because It's not that important if people actually want to discuss, but it would be preferable if they didn't.

I made this thread to make it easy on the moderators to find good questions, and wow! It has worked pretty good, we now have an idea of what to submit.

The original rule is still up and running, we didnt disable it.
                    I've noticed a trend. Our moderators are far more laid back than most of our posters. I like that trend.
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Question:

Where did the Balfree name come from?
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

You know, I think I'd like to know if there is anything the Dev team would like to tell US.

There are some questions asking what the Dev team thought/originally planned for X,Y,Z, but I'd like to hear what they think we'd like to know.

So, is there anything (that hasn't been asked before) that the Dev team would like to share with the playerbase?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Feba, we don't need your blessing to ask a question. If RDMs want to ask their little question and ignore the fact that players have already defined and cemented what a RDM is, just let them ask their question. No matter what happens, RDMs are going to be sore about something, no matter how good they have it.

Accept it and let it be.

You don't even play FFXI, so I'm oblivious to why you care about the questions people ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
                            Red Mage has always and will always be a job that has white magic and black magic, as well as sword skills, but isn't particularly good at any of them. Last I checked, it's been that way for two decades. Why would FFXI be any different?[
                            Because in FFXI, RDM makes a pretty amazing... healer. So much so that it's actually considered before a WHM lately. Dunno about you, but I sense an imbalance in the force.
                            Originally posted by 'kitten
                            No matter what happens, RDMs are going to be sore about something, no matter how good they have it.
                            Careful, your bias is showing.

There was a quote from you that really resonated with me, and that I think of every time you dis RDM. Even Callisto thought it was sig worthy at one point.

I recall the comment being something about the juggling act that was a purely backline RDM, how, for it's rapid invites, nothing about the job is easy. That popularity does not make for a posh position. That's what YOU said. I'm still trying to find the quote.

For someone who quit RDM because playing as others expected/demanded stressed you out, I'd expect you above all to understand.

I'm still trying to find that post. Despite all the dissing you do of RDM before and after, that one comment was very profound.

______________________________________________________________

But I too have questions, I'm not just about derailing and drama!

1. Will Red Mage ever have native Divine Magic spells again? Divine Magic Skill is the only of our native skills to lack a complimenting native spell, why? Will it remain this way?

2. Given the development team's recent acceptance and accomodation of "burn" parties, will there be any reconsideration to the changes made to ranged and magical damage, which were adjusted to discourage the "burn" parties they popularized?

3. Why is there such reticence in instituting a more stable, secure scheduling and reservation system for Dynamis? Currently it's about the only event where you plan ahead to enter and all you can do is hope no one cuts ahead of you. Will the players continually be left to fend for themselves with this event?

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                              I'm still trying to find that post. Despite all the dissing you do of RDM before and after, that one comment was very profound.
                              Originally posted by OMGWTFBBQKITTEN
                              Yeah just because RDM gets easy invites doesn't make it simple.
                              RDM is like running around with a stack of plates, trying not to drop them while you run. Except what you are running on is hot coals and you are being chased by cannibals unaffected by the hot coals. If you drop one plate, someone starts yelling "Dispel" or "refresh."
                              http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/698870-post51.html

I believe that is what you were looking for.
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                                I've noticed a trend. Our moderators are far more laid back than most of our posters. I like that trend.
                                Good heavens. If you only knew. :)

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                                X