Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Ask a question thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a question thread.

that would be nice, having customized dialog. I was so excited when I got a 'what do you want ot say' popup in TAU... until I realized all you did was click it until you finished them all. Seriously, that just seemed like horribly lazy writing.

That's far too much of a suggestion though.

Comment

With the Open Mog House feature coming, are there any plans to add design Themes to Mog Houses or job-themed furnishings to further allow players to express their personalities?

Will AF1 +1 upgrades eventually be added to Limbus for Corsair, Blue Mage, Puppetmaster, Scholar and Dancer?

Are there any further revisions planned for Zilart endgame content such as sky and HNMs?

Spoilerish ToA Ending Question

Comment

Will there be plans to improve the uniqueness and purpose of Thief as a main job? As such were having it main to use SATA out weighs or drastically improves performance compared to a two handed weapon job subbing THF for the same purpose?

With the coming of Wings, in the teasers/trailers there was new weapon skills shown for sword users such as PLD and RDM. Will these be open to all classes that can use sword or will all jobs get a unique, job related weapon skill from this expansion?

It was stated Dancer had been invisioned as a support job to heal as it DDs. What is planned for WHM in terms of party role should Dancer becomes drastically prefered to WHM?

Lastly, in the grand scheme of things, how often has the player community suprised you with the many feats done since the release of the game? If so, what were the most amazing you enjoyed hearing about?
        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I have to admit I didn't think my questions through. But I suppose it served as a good example of what you should NOT be asking XD...

Thanks for the contributions.

A lot of the questions here are really good.

If I was personally doing the interview myself, I think I'd just stare at them blankly and foam from the mouth speechless during the whole thing.

No more talky :-|
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

What was, and is, your vision for the Red Mage job?

The people wish to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Donomni View Post

The people wish to know.
              Red Mages are so self-centered.

I think their vision is not quite WHite Mage, and not quite Black Mage, and so...

Comment

What the hell do you think their 'vision' for Red Mage is?

Let me quote from a very reliable source:

Capable of using both White and Black magic; adept at swordsmanship. However, Red Mages take far longer to master spells[...]
                You know where you can find that? The damn instruction manual. Really people, Red Mage is a mix between White and Black mages, with some sword abilities tossed in. That's all. It's not that hard.
                ------------------------------------------
                What the hell do you think their 'vision' for Red Mage is?

Let me quote from a very reliable source:

Capable of using both White and Black magic; adept at swordsmanship. However, Red Mages take far longer to master spells[...]
                You know where you can find that? The damn instruction manual. Really people, Red Mage is a mix between White and Black mages, with some sword abilities tossed in. That's all. It's not that hard.
                Last edited by Feba; 11-08-2007, 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Donomni View Post
                  You totally stole that from me . . .

;_;
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                  Matthew 16:15

Comment

Feba, to be honest, what their vision of RDM was at the time the game was first released does not match what they made it become once they realized that RDM invite rates were crap. If they saw RDM as actually being "adept at swordsmanship", then RDM would have been made capable of meleeing effectively in XP past 30 when the job was found useless past certain levels, not given Refresh so as to cement them into the back line.

At that point, it was clear that their vision for RDM wasn't so much the description in the instruction manual and in the Aurastery, but a buffer and debuffer who can also heal and nuke a bit on the side. The swords and daggers were now just a legacy bit -- nothing that could be used in a serious manner in XP or endgame, just something RDMs have because RDMs have always had them in FF games. They kept the "equipment enhancing spells" because hell, why not.

And now they're coming out with Scholar.

I have to wonder the answer to Donomni's and Yellow Mage's question myself -- at least, the part about what they see RDM's role as being in the new era. If there's a new magical generalist, then what does that leave us as far as a concept? Refresh whore that gets invited over a WHM for healing? -- Pteryx

Comment

Pterx: In theory, yes, in practice no.

You have to rememeber that it's the playerbase, not SE, that decides what happens to jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                        Pterx: In theory, yes, in practice no.
                        You have to rememeber that it's the playerbase, not SE, that decides what happens to jobs.
                        Semi serious. So in theory, if WHM and RDM ask enough, will they get A+ skill in their weapon class?
                        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

* In the Treasures of Aht Urghan story, the player character took many actions that demonstrated a level of gullibility and myopia that grated on some players, making them unable and unwilling to identify with their own character. Will the player character behave more intelligently in Wings of the Goddess and future expansion missions?
                          QFT
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

So in theory, if WHM and RDM ask enough, will they get A+ skill in their weapon class?
                            Way to completely miss what I was saying.

Comment

Feba's saying we're the ones that pigeonholed RDM into the so-called Pink Mage role, and we're the ones preventing the job from meleeing in parties.

Comment

hey hey!!! what happened to posting questions only and not discussing......
                                anyway....

Will DRG PUP ever see more adjustments to the way we can call out pets?
                                or will we ever see DRG get at least basic control of our Wyvern?
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X