Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Ask a question thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a question thread.

As a job, RDM is functioning as intended - its just that RDM's versatility has been dampered by the fact that Sanction has allowed players to favor weaker mobs for viable EXP per hour. There is no "problem" with RDM, its the trends that are influencing what RDM's role is.

If you don't like that role, you don't have to conform to it. Just don't expect your invite to be as healthy as a RDM's invites could be. RDMs back in RoZ and CoP days would throw a princess fit if they had to main heal, especially without being told that was their role in advance. And they were kind of in the right to do so because back then it was not a given that RDM main healed, it was something you asked them if they would be willing to do.

Now its just standard and expected without question because RDM have willingly given in to the tastey 10K+ EXP per hour they can get if they choose to main heal.

But take RDM to any RoZ or CoP IT++ mob camp and RDM plays just like it potentially can. If you want to enfeeble, nuke and Magic Burst, then you need to do what mage/tank/support generally and arrogantly tell melees to do when invites are rough:

Build your own PTs.

Comment

Well put BBQ. Its why i don't even bother to merit or make parties on RDM, because the DDs are nothing but princesses that throws fits these days when it comes to a non ToAU camp. Or even one ToAU area one wants to go 2 don't, then another ToAU area as compramise the rest won't do.
      Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
        Or even one ToAU area one wants to go 2 don't, then another ToAU area as compramise the rest won't do.
        I find it more to be like WAR1 wants to go to X area but NIN1 doesn't have X staging point, so NIN2 suggests Y area but WAR1 doesn't have Y staging point.
        Haikus are easy.
        But sometimes they don't make sense.
        Refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Xalioniaf View Post
          I find it more to be like WAR1 wants to go to X area but NIN1 doesn't have X staging point, so NIN2 suggests Y area but WAR1 doesn't have Y staging point.
          That comes up too. Honestly, i don't see why people don't have the staging points. There's guides, maps, everything to look up. At the most, the longest one to get two would be Reef and Mamool Ja. Nyzle can help get the two mire based ones, and Mount Z is plain easy if you have escape. It just baffles me every time.
          Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

^^; I'm guilty of that one. Although the only staging point I need to get is the Dvucca Isle one, and I've been told that the way there is lined with Archaic Mirrors. Seeing as how those Mirrors are guarded by either mobs or NMs with True Sight/Sound, I'm not sure which, I'm not too eager to go die a bunch of times trying to get there.

Meh, I should really do it though, maybe I just need to grab some LS mates and go murderize the zone, I don't think the mobs would be that hard when faced with a party.

Actually, now that I think about it I don't have the Nyzule staging point, I need to get to work!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Dvucca is quite simple to get to actually.

It's Ilrusi Atol (the one I'm still missing ><) that's the real horror to reach.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The only Runic Portal that was even vaguely rough to get to was Ilrusi Atoll, and even then I managed it. True Sight mobs aren't that hard to avoid. You owe it to yourself and potential parties/assault groups to have every portal.

Comment

I got all five staging points when they first came out, and the sixth some considerable amount of time after it became available. Dvuuca Isle became considerably easy to get to when the Ruins of Al'Zadaal were opened way back when, so I consider myself unlucky in that department because I had to go the looooong way. I do count my blessing though, since I didn't have to deal with archaic mirror NMs or soulflayers when I got Ilrus Atoll. It's still possible, just not a good idea if you're not paying attention.
                  Haikus are easy.
                  But sometimes they don't make sense.
                  Refrigerator.

Comment

Ok, a few question I wouldn't mind anwsered:

1: Will the Vana'Diel Tribune be revived or will you make personal profiles on the POL website?

2: How was Naja as a child?

3: Who was AV and why was he imprisont? (On thing I've always wondered)

4: Why does people have to redo nation missions 2-5 to 5-2 when they change to another nation after having done those in one nation already?

5: Some crafting items only got a single use, do you plan to make multi use of certain crafting materials?
                    One Windurst to rule them all
                    One Windurst to conquer the others
                    One Windurst to find the others
                    And in mithraness bind them

Comment

Originally posted by Kisshu View Post
                      Ok, a few question I wouldn't mind anwsered:
                      1: Will the Vana'Diel Tribune be revived or will you make personal profiles on the POL website?
                      2: How was Naja as a child?
                      3: Who was AV and why was he imprisont? (On thing I've always wondered)
                      4: Why does people have to redo nation missions 2-5 to 5-2 when they change to another nation after having done those in one nation already?
                      5: Some crafting items only got a single use, do you plan to make multi use of certain crafting materials?
                      Sorry, you're about a month too late with these questions. Fan Festival was weeks ago.

Locking this topic for now until the next opportunity arises for us to ask questions directly.

Icemage
                      FFXIOnline Forum Super Moderator

Comment

Working...
                      X