Abyssea Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abyssea Experiences

Basicly a thread to talk about trips to Abyssea. Experience with the mobs and NM's.

I have only been to Abyssea - Tahrongi twice and both times we were farming pops for Gancanagh, the mandragora NM that drops the Thew Bomblet and the Rare item Acidic Humus (not currently known what this is used for).

So the basic idea in Abyssea seems to be pick what you want to go after. Travel to the spot with the normal mobs that drop the pop item for the NM. Pop the NM and hope for drops. Not too horrible.

Last farming run we had Bhumi run through our camp. This is basicly the avatar Titan with a different name. We only had 4 members in our party so we did not attempt to kill it.

We have popped quite a few chests dropped from the normal mobs, luckily no mimics have appeared from them. Notable drops were 250 exp, 400 Cruor, an Adaman Barbuta that had some elemental resist augments and one that gave HP (party member was at full hp so not sure how much it would have given. Other drops were temp items.

There seems to be conditions where the melee will receive temp items after killing a mob.
    "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Re: Abyssea Experiences

I have not gotten the chance to enter Abbyssea. I was gonna attempt a jaunt out there tonight... but my experience is such:

New Items ... from 4mil + down to 300k in just a couple of weeks. Wish I woulda started when it was lucrative, but damn I'm glad I didn't waste gil.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

I have yet to jump in Aby yet as well, mostly because the majority of my playtime went to exp parties.

However, one thing I did notice (atleast on Unicorn) was the falling prices of the items you mentioned (items bought with Cruor currency). From a couple million gil to now around 150k (with 10 in AH) of the Teal Saio for example.

From what I gather through people in game, some find it to be a headache while others are happy theres new content. Hopefully I'll take my first plunge in the next couple of days, and determine if it's something I'll want to pick up an Aby LS for and farm it for weeks to come.
      Joined FFXI September 15th, 2009 | PlayStation 2/3
      Retired July 8th, 2010.
      Current Server: Unicorn
      Current Home Nation: San d'Oria (Rank 10)
      Race/Sex: Hume/(Fe)male
      Current Jobs: 80BRD, 75NIN, 59DNC, 51WHM, 43WAR, 38BLM, 38DRK

Comment

I forgot to mention something. If you have purchased Abyssea but have not done the cutscene and gotten your first Traverser Stone, do so as soon as you can. Don't worry they are key items and will not take up inventory.

Entry works kind of like assault with it's assault tags. The npc in Port Jeuno (Joachim) will make available to you a Traverser Stone once every 20 hours, and each stone translates to 30 minutes of time inside Abyssea. Joachim will store up to 8 at a time and you can have up to 3 in your possession.

In addition you can trade the stones to Conflux Surveyors in each of the 3 zones for a maximum of 120 stored minutes.
        "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

So what I'm seeing here is this is pretty much buying an endgame area?
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

An awesome endgame area. pretty much what I wish sky was. trigs drop rather easily and can be bought off the ah plus the nms that you need for t2 versions are actually around the t2 location itself so its kinda nice. XP and cour doesn't seem to be influenced by how many party members you have either. Only issue though that may cause hell in a pickup group is that expensive items spawn in a gold chest that you have to unlock and dont go to the treasure pool so have a plan to deal with that before going. As for nm drops I would go with a Your trigger your drop rule since the availability of the t1 trigs are rather common place and t2 require the person to have 2 key items from the T1's making those of us after the emperyeon (?) weapons kinda leave our progress to luck rather then DKP hierarchy.

Comment

Leon do you have any info on the Tier II's and the new weapons?

Comment

I’ve done a decent amount of Abyssea.

I mainly duo there with another Bst just killing the shinny mobs that dorp more xp/cruror. Popped some chests. Most were temp items, xp or cruor. We did have 1 chest with 500k+ worth of items in it so that was a nice run.

The gear should honestly be really cheap pretty soon…like dirt cheap. It’s every easy to farm enough curor for any piece in 2-3 runs (maybe less).

Yesterday was my first mega farming run where I went with 17 other people. It was just like a merit/dynamis party. Someone pulls and you all /assist the tank and go nuts. Xp wasn’t too bad either. Probably got 14k and 5k curor within the hour of farming. Plus like…10 items for the Thew Bomblet NM. We got some chests that gave anywhere up to 800xp or Cruor. Mobs we fought (mandies) dropped ~20 curor but they go down fast and pop even faster it seems.

Next time we go were going to try NMs . My duo partner and I however popped the NM Gnole in La Thanie lol. He’s much bigger and faster than the surrounding Gnoles. 2 Bst pets got him down maybe 10%, so I don’t think he’d be super difficult with proper setup.
                99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Only done "Abyssea - La Theine" so far, but it seems nice and flexible; can go after NMs for drops, farm Cruor to purchase armor, or even just exp on the fast re-popping monsters. If what people say about respawns' level adjust to how fast the monsters were killed is true, it makes for a nice way to exp with a sane time limit (90 min) and auto-scaling difficulty.

Pretty sure there's more to it than that, too, including Magian weapon upgrades and Abyssea related quests.

I was really skeptical of this, but now I'm glad I bought the add-on. It may be "just three battle area", but it's both easy to get started and potentially have a fairly deep endgame potential.

The Perle Hauberk Set looks like an easy to get replacement for PLD's Homam--can farm the Cruor or just buy from AH. I'm not entirely happy about it, but I'm sure many people who couldn't find a stable Limbus group would be.
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Only done "Abyssea - La Theine" so far, but it seems nice and flexible; can go after NMs for drops, farm Cruor to purchase armor, or even just exp on the fast re-popping monsters. If what people say about respawns' level adjust to how fast the monsters were killed is true, it makes for a nice way to exp with a sane time limit (90 min) and auto-scaling difficulty.

There might be something behind this. In the mega run I did, xp started I think in the 90s per kill. Eventually I started seeing upwards of 150 per kill. There might be some thing about the types of mobs you’re fighting as well. We were killing mandies, someone pulled a Titan wannabe then back to mandies. When we got back to mandies xp seemed lower again. Kills were fast so there wasn’t a long period of time between deaths.

Also, XP rings DON’T work there…I wasted a charge ; ;.

The Perle Hauberk Set looks like an easy to get replacement for PLD's Homam--can farm the Cruor or just buy from AH. I'm not entirely happy about it, but I'm sure many people who couldn't find a stable Limbus group would be.
                    Ha, I think Neverslip mentioned it already, but this gear went from 4m to 300k in like a week ><.
                    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                    -Verth (90) Completed!!
                    -Guttler (95) Completed!
                    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                      Unfortunately you can't mix and match pieces without losing that bonus haste. So for Homam owners it doesn't seem worth it.

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                      Wow, thanks for the tip.
                      Last edited by Solymir; 07-07-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                        Thanks for that tidbit as well... someone had to take it in the shorts so the rest of us may have smooth sailing. {/salute}

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                          Thanks for that tidbit as well... someone had to take it in the shorts so the rest of us may have smooth sailing. {/salute}
                          Uh . . . no, they didn't:

*The EXP bonuses afforded by Dedication and Corsair's Roll will not apply within Abyssea.
                          ≪Jun. 22, 2010 (JST) Abyssea≫
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                            Uh . . . no, they didn't
                            I, personally, fully admit I wouldn't have reread that. So if no one else... he/she took it in the shorts for 2 people; me and Solymer.

Comment

Yes. I admit I don't always read every sentence in update notes. Thank you for the confirmation from an official source though YM.

Comment

Working...
                              X