• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abyssea Experiences

Ahh Bakka...
    0/9 on the next piece
    2/9 on Axe
    0/9 on Abyssite :/

Also, just an FYI on Glyph Axe if anyone cares ...
    the Pet:Regain is 1% TP per tic(it's not on wiki)
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

That's pretty weak...

How about something to speed up recovery of Ready charges instead SE.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I'm slightly stoked that the Perle head pc has a mistype in it for the NA version ... says 2% haste but AH.com is reporting JP has it listed with 3% and testing concurs. I still however don't really know if I wanna give up my Walmart Turbin. Grrr. And that's only if/when I get the full Perle set which really shouldn't be too long at this point. I have the body, legs, and feet so far.
        Last edited by Neverslip; 07-15-2010, 03:32 PM.
        FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
        FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
        aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Perle gear is still trash over all IMO, given the alternatives (W Turban, Dusk/Homam) but I can see how it'd be nice for players on a budget or what have you.

Really the only good piece IMO is the Feet for the +5 STR. Ditto for the other sets, they're all pretty lackluster save for a few pieces.

2% Haste hands on MNK is pretty sexy though if you don't have a Black Belt. So far I've only bought the Teal Pants to replace my Errant because the trade off is very worth it (2 INT for 3 MAB? Hell yeah)
          sigpic

Comment

My haste % stayed the same (17%), I lost about 6-8 acc, and gained 20ish attack and 13 STR. I wouldn't call that "trash". Just not the absolute best. Worthy of note: despite Haste being Lord Ruler Of All Stats, my old build included full timing askar head and hands (a net loss of 2% haste over conventional - not stupidly rich - choices).

If what Neverslip said is true, I actually gained 1 point of haste, as well. Feels weird not wearing my Haidate everywhere.

Also, I dunno about SAM, but you completely missed hands. Attack +10 and Str +4 is fantastic for WS. The fact that I'm getting away with full timing them aside, I think I'd take them for WS over heca mitts for King's Justice.
            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
              Also, I dunno about SAM, but you completely missed hands. Attack +10 and Str +4 is fantastic for WS.
              Not over Alky it isn't. Shit Pallas is still better. And you're off your rocker if you'd WS in those over Heca...
              sigpic

Comment

Not that I have heca hands, but I would. Only 3 more STR for 10 less attack is less than ideal. STR mods are overrated. Not that you'd notice a difference between the 2 anyway.

As for the gigas line, If I could obtain capped accuracy with a dex-minus-a-billion build, sure, I'd consider it. But it's just not realistic to be capped on anything but colibri (well, I suppose that's changed due to cap change but you get the idea). Since I almost never meripo, I don't give a shit about epeen -- I want more consistent event numbers.

Still, you need to remember that I'm an exceedingly casual player. The fact that I have Haidate, lots of askar, aurum, lolHeca feet, and even rajas+brutal is amazing to me. The fact that my Swift belt was harder to obtain than all the above (put together) is even crazier. It's not like I'm pimping an adaberk+1 with dusk+1 gloves and crap.

So while it'd be feasible if I had better gear systemically -- for my level of play, shit like -6 DEX hands on a multi-hit WS just isn't smart. As for Heca, I can't imagine it ever being smart over Perle.

Comment

This is a horrid reason for giving an event an A+. But I don't care. The fact is this is pretty much the first time ever in the game that people will let me come as whatever I want (which is to say, let me come as BST) and not treat it as though it was some selfish indulgence that they were letting me have.

Got the job to 80 with capped buffer, something that I feared was going to be an impossibility before the level cap increase. The RNGs, BLMs, SMNs, and DNCs in our linkshell celebrate this too. Hell, there were some people that I didn't even know were DNC because they were never allowed to come as it to events.

The shock is that it requires even less attention than Greater Colibri, something that I thought was impossible. But before we talk about rewards seemingly matching the amount of effort put in, let's make sure everybody even has the opportunity to put in that effort first.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
                    The shock is that it requires even less attention than Greater Colibri, something that I thought was impossible. But before we talk about rewards seemingly matching the amount of effort put in, let's make sure everybody even has the opportunity to put in that effort first.

Eh, bullshit. People need to be on the ball when it comes to killshots and popping crates in a timely manner. And have you even tried some of the NMs? As much as I'd love to get my mitts on Masamune, I don't see myself beating Carabosse any time soon. It's not impossible to take her out, people have done it but holy shit she's a beast.

At least until people figure out more of the NM weaknesses. Khalamari or w/e his name is is apparently weak to Gekko, and Megamaw (worm in Tahrongi) is weak to Drain.
                    sigpic

Comment

if you're just going there for limit points, for instance a pick-up group or whatever, you don't need to pay attention to kill shots or any of that crap. I haven't seen any reports yet that have massively overshadowed our xp/hour.

And yeah, I love that with 18 jobs, no one cares what you bring. Though I worry that not many people will bring Paladins to this unless they're hunting NMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                        if you're just going there for limit points, for instance a pick-up group or whatever, you don't need to pay attention to kill shots or any of that crap. I haven't seen any reports yet that have massively overshadowed our xp/hour.
                        Yes you do, because if you want to get great EXP you need to build up Gold and Ebon Lights.
                        sigpic

Comment

Did you read the earlier parts of this very thread? Trying to optimize kill shots just gets a wasted 18-man pick up group. Plus, from your own thread about the Q&A, you can build up multiple lights at a time. The BLMs will get plenty of killblows by virtue of being BLMs. Also worthy of note: you need blue chests for time extensions.

Maybe eventually we'll move to this kill blow crap, but right now, you'd have to be getting in surplus of 70k/hour for me to care.

Comment

If you want a good PT, that means lots of TE; which means you need to cap Azure.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              If you want a good PT, that means lots of TE; which means you need to cap Azure.
                              There's no point in being elitist about how much insane EXP people are getting.

And I've gotta say I'm not the least bit surprised that you're not worried about 20 different job in the game not really making that much of a difference in these setups. Its nice that everyone's accepted for EXP now, but now no one stands out in any particular way.

Its just TP Burn +1.

Or ToA continued, really.

Oh well, maybe SE will make combat meaningful again in FFXIV.

Comment

The gear you can get from this event is pretty darn awesome. It might not be the best, but it's very competitive with the best and much easier to obtain. Although that's speaking from a melee standpoint, can't really say anything about the Teal set. Also, sure it's TP burn +1, but it's one where so far I have seen all jobs are welcome.

Not only that, it is an exp spot for ALLIANCES! I've only been to Abyssea Tahrongi and La Thiene so far, but there are several camps where alliances can be. La Thiene has room for at least 5 exp alliances, Tahrongi has room for at least 4, and that's just based off of what little I know about these zones.

Think about that for a second, 2 zones have room for 9 exp alliances. How many lvl 75 exp spots did we have prior to this? And what was the likelyhood of finding, oh I don't know, Bsts and Thfs in said parties?

Right now is a golden time to exp with all jobs, and I for one am loving it. Furthermore it seems that this initial miniexpansion is acting to give us some shineys, exp, and introduce us to Abyssea, so far it is doing exactly that. What in the world is there to complain about?

Frankly, I sometimes think people just like to complain.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X