Abyssea Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abyssea Experiences

Went in with a /sh group and kill mandys for 5hrs. went from 77-80 +27k buffer and 30k crour. was about 40kish/hr xp. so you CAN get good exp/crour with a /sh group lol.

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
    How do you get the time chests? I’ve heard (I think from this topic and from random peeps) that you need magic to be the final blow to get Azure light. Does it sort of work like chaining though? Last night we went in an alliance with I think 2 Blms and 2 pups (me as 1 of the pups). I guess some of the melees have listening problems and after every 3-5 kills one would ‘accidently’ WS the mob to death. Once that happens do you need to build up magic kills again or are you solid when Azure light comes back?
    I dont think there is hard fact evidence as to what makes them drop but some strong threorys. What seems to work is that you consentrate on one type of mob and kill as fast as possible. I stopped counting TE chests @14. We got our first around 50min in or something like that. There is also the thing with the light that you get from killing a mob a sertain way. (WS, normal hit, magic) Since it was a pick-up alliance trying to get the group to kill a certain was as to maintain a sertain light was like trying to herd cats....damn near impossible. so i gave up which proved to be a good thing....whether we would have gotten more exp/crour, probably, but who knows since it was a pick-up.

Anyways the main thing that is fact and a must is keeping that "chain" on that single type of mob. The exact same mob not just the same family.

Edit: You dont need magic kills as my party just proved that. We had 2 blm and 5 rdm. blm didnt nuke that much and neither did the rdms since they were on healing duty. Yes magic seem to make blue chests pop more which increases chance on getting TE but other than that no one knows exactly how to get them or if it just random.
    Last edited by Laynton; 07-12-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I've never paid attention to kill shot and don't know anything about it. If you're there for the XP, I strongly suggest discarding such nonsense. Leave it to manaburns. It sounds like Neverslip's "go crazy" party didn't have anyone on chests though. As (I think) I said before, we have 2 people on chest duty pretty much all the time. COR or a non-pulling BRD is pretty good for this.
      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
        I've never paid attention to kill shot and don't know anything about it. If you're there for the XP, I strongly suggest discarding such nonsense. Leave it to manaburns. It sounds like Neverslip's "go crazy" party didn't have anyone on chests though. As (I think) I said before, we have 2 people on chest duty pretty much all the time. COR or a non-pulling BRD is pretty good for this.
        Exactly what i was thinking! especially for pick-up alliances. Different kill shots do make your light change but as for how effective it is i dont know and i dont think it matters that much. some ppl swear by it and say they coudnt have gotten 60k//hr+ if they didnt. I got 40k/hr+ and stayed in for 5 hrs (and left with at least an hour left on status) with a bunch of random ppl and at least half the DD's were pretty gimpd. So with a really good geared alliance thats organised i would say that they could just go and not have to worry about kill shots.

Comment

BG people... BG. Massive 56+ page thread on Abyssea over there, Wiki is slowly being updated from it's findings.

As for lights, they all build up over time and are all active at once. So, the more killshots with magic you get, the more everyone in the party's Azure light goes up, which as the tier of your light goes up, so does the appearance and tier of blue chests.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
            Neverslip's "go crazy" party didn't have anyone on chests though.
            We actually had 2 people (one main and one 2nd) on chests the first time and only one on the second time if I remember correctly. The first time was pretty much a blur tho. I'm thinking we didn't kill fast enough. Our MA's were very slow it seemed to me... and kill times on the second party were pretty slow. That maybe due to adhering to not WS'n during the last 15% HP so BLMs could get killshots.
            FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
            FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
            aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

I am still excited about abyssea, but I am also a little disappointed. It seems you have to have a full alliance to ever see the kinds of cruor/exp returns you guys have been lucky enough to see. This is disappointing considering I hoped to do this with my social ls exclusively. There may come a time when my ls has 2 full parties, maybe slightly more, so I guess if all we wanted was cruor/exp we could shout for another 6'ish people.
              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                I am still excited about abyssea, but I am also a little disappointed. It seems you have to have a full alliance to ever see the kinds of cruor/exp returns you guys have been lucky enough to see. This is disappointing considering I hoped to do this with my social ls exclusively. There may come a time when my ls has 2 full parties, maybe slightly more, so I guess if all we wanted was cruor/exp we could shout for another 6'ish people.
                Ya it will take an alliance to get the 40,50,60k/hr but you can definately do it with 6-12. my first time in was with an 8 man burn pt. only got 8k exp and 4k crour but we took 40min to get to an actual camp b/c we were all new and didnt have the warps yet and were exploring and messing around killing other mobs. So if you find a decent camp shortly after entering with say 9 ppl i would be surprised if you didnt get 12-15k exp 8-10k crour in the 90min your in there. and more if you get good TE and exp/crour chests. but dont get to discouraged....especially once you have everyone @80. and there are definately some NM's you can do with a small social LS. there are some that have been duoed.

Comment

Have you noticed any particular mobs being better exp than others? So far my experiences have been limited to the Mandies and Bats in Tahrongi.
                  "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

So far my experiences have been limited to the Mandies
                    Only mandies for me... shoulda/coulda mention'd that ... totally spaced, lol.
                    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

I’ve done Birds and Mandies…and I’ve heard Floaty Skulls are pretty popular. Xp didn’t seem much different but I was paying super close attention.

I wonder if other mob families offer different things. Will anyone ever try and alliance on things like Gnoles, Tigers, Frogs….puks…rams….worms. To be honest been to the Mea area once. Most of my time is spent in La Thiene. I don’t even know what the other areas offer.

And has anyone seen/fought the behemoth looking guy?
                      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                      -Verth (90) Completed!!
                      -Guttler (95) Completed!
                      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Have you noticed any particular mobs being better exp than others? So far my experiences have been limited to the Mandies and Bats in Tahrongi.
                        Technically all the mobs can produce the max xp, which seems to be 600exp/kill. Realisticly only a handful are worth exping on. Ive only done mandys, gigas' and flans(manaburn pt). mandys and flans where great gigases sucked ass but that was probably due to the shity pick-up party i joined. But the complete list ive heard ppl exping on is:

mandys
                        blood bats
                        flans
                        fungar
                        lizards
                        frogs
                        gigas
                        birds

those are just the ones ive heard of and thus the most popular. i dont know which of the above is the best TE chest drop seem to be great one time and shitty the next....even on the same mob. so any of the above is good.

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                        Will anyone ever try and alliance on things like Gnoles, Tigers, Frogs….puks…rams….worms. To be honest been to the Mea area once. Most of my time is spent in La Thiene. I don’t even know what the other areas offer.

And has anyone seen/fought the behemoth looking guy?
                        Yes ppl have tried frogs and rams(sheep) and worms for sure. though an NM pops in worm area so thats potental for a wipe. though the worm NM is pretty easy and ppl have already found how to "pin" it over a hill since its casting range seems to be 18'.
                        anyways i have heard of ppl trying to kill tigers, gnoles, and puks for anything but pop items but not sure.

and yes someone on BG posted that the fought the behemoth guy...cant remember if they won or not or got anything ill check and get back on that.

edit: found him...well at least 1 of them, dont know if theres more than 1 or not. anyways hes in la theine dont know what pops him but he drops at least the DEX+10 ACC+3 STP-10 pants and harmony cape. thats all thats confurmed on him atm.
                        Last edited by Laynton; 07-13-2010, 06:48 AM.

Comment

For anyone going for azure light: killshots from nuking puppets do count.

I tried to get some of the BLUs to try magical spells for killshot but they just bitched about how MP inefficient they are compared to physical spells (talk about missing the point...) I suspect most BLUs don't bother to have any macc/mab gear anyway, let alone setting magic spells with appropriate gearswap macros or keeping up their MAB buff, but in Abyssea it might even be worth swapping in staves for killshot spells if you're going for azure; it's not like a BLU's tp is going to do anything terribly useful in an alliance setting.

As a RDM76 I got a ton of resists nuking, but once I dinged 77 my rate of getting full damage went way up, even before I got a lot of skillups (except on Stone IV, which was crap because we were fighting mandies; even my HQ earth staff couldn't make it outperform Thunder III with a NQ thunder staff. Mob weaknesses > all, I guess, and it's a good thing mandies have plenty to choose from).

Also: ascetic's drink is awesome. It added like 70-80 damage per cast to T3 nukes (and description says it improves magic acc too, but I didn't have a way of testing that precisely). Why don't they make foods like that... anyway, it lasts 10-15 min or so with no medicated status, so if you get it as a nuker or even part-time nuker, use it.

Knowing that different lights don't interfere with each other (aside from the fact that you can only get one per kill) makes red chests seem much more sensible (and attractive). But if you want to stay in beyond 90 min you're still going to need a bunch of azure too...
                          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
                            For anyone going for azure light: killshots from nuking puppets do count.

Magical BP's don't either.

Interestingly, Blue Magic counts regardless if you use a physical or magical attack.
                            sigpic

Comment

The fact that you could exp for 2-3 hours and build up 200+ minutes of time and then go farm/pop NM's makes this seem like everything you'd ever need rolled into one awesome ass event!

Comment

It's like Dynamis, but with a potentially infinite time limit and way more fun & rewarding.

Just (finally) got my Scarlet Abyssite of Kismet, going for Bakka next for my 4th Traverser Stone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X