Abyssea Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abyssea Experiences

ha, there was a lot to go through...musta missed that line. not a big deal. 200 allied notes isnt much of a loss.
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

So after the "server Machine" maintenace yesterday, Mob families got reset and had to be "brought back up" to a IT~ level.

Full Alliance Exp parties are possible, Killing Mobs with Magic increases the chance of Blue chest drops which subsequently increases the chance that you'll get a time extension. Exp per mob caps at 600, unsure of what Cuor caps at. With time extension it's quite fessible to have an 18 man alliance exp on mandragora or birds or bees etc. for well past the 120min time limit.

Reports from folks are saying that they got 180k/20k Curor in 4 1/2 hours of exping and variations up and down.

So far...all in all, I'd have to say SE did a fucking bang up job with this sudo expansion. I'm ridiculusly curious as to where their going to go with the next two honestly, enough that I'll keep subscribed even through FFXIV.

WHICH fucking comes out 3 days before my god damn wedding. Cause i'm gonna be able to pull THAT one off ><

"No baby, we cannot consumate our Marriage IHAVEFUCKINGRABBITSTOLEVELUPONGDI!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
        So far...all in all, I'd have to say SE did a fucking bang up job with this pseudo expansion.
        Minor FFY.
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

For real my spelling is attrococ...ish.....FUCKING HORRIBLE most of the time, thanks for that though should have atleast caught that one ^^

Comment

The word you're looking for is "atrocious."
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

1st trip to abyssea: half hour stay, got about 400 Cruor.

2nd trip to abyssea: about a 3.5 hour stay, got 23k cruor and over 100k XP. I went from halfway through 77 to halfway through 80.

Full Alliance getting more XP than a 2-bard party is nuts. I bought the entire Perle set directly after.
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

dumb question...how are you guys staying longer than 90minutes?

2nd trip to abyssea: about a 3.5 hour stay, got 23k cruor and over 100k XP. I went from halfway through 77 to halfway through 80.

Full Alliance getting more XP than a 2-bard party is nuts. I bought the entire Perle set directly after.
                Even though i do Abyssea, cant wait for the prices to hit rock bottom. I'd rather spend time kiling NMs there than curor farming.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                -Aegis just started

Comment

Time chests (as far as I saw, all time chests seem to be +10 mins). Also, you can only hold 3 stones but you can get 4 stones' worth of time. For instance, you could trade one stone to the conveyor, exit Abyssea, come back a week later with 3 stones. OR, you could give 3 stones, exit, come back later with a stone.

We entered with 120 minutes and exited with something like 180 mins remaining. Unfortunately, your time gets capped at 120 and you always need another stone to enter.

We had 2 party members full-timing picking chests while the other 16 chain-killed.

Honestly, I'd like the event more w/out time chests. Makes it very hard to leave, and with only 18 people, it hurts a lot when people start ducking out of the event early.

Oh, and as for farming cruor: remember, you're also getting 10 merits per run.
                  "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Went in yesterday with 103 minutes and 6 hours later I'd capped Cor exp, earned 120k merit exp, raised Marksmanship 17 levels and learned Numbing Shot, and earned 60,000 Cruor. From my initial disgust at a timed expansion I have to say this is one of the greatest things S-E has introduced.

Regarding the chests, to gain the time you seem to have to open select blue chests with the key you purchase from the vendor who sells armour, cost is 500 Cruor per key. Black and gold chests seem to be items, have half a dozen Adaman Barbutas, a scroll of Stone V, and a couple of Baramnesia or however it's spelled in addition to high end crafting materials and VNM pop items.

Comment

For all of those people who can't seem to keep a proper buffer after dynamis (or other endgame events), this is the perfect solution...

Just died a dozen times in Dynamis/Salvage/etc? Take the alliance to abyssea for 30-60 mins after the event and possibly cap your xp! Definitely a good way of gaining experience/limit points post-75!

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                      WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                        Leon do you have any info on the Tier II's and the new weapons?
                        I've only been looking into Caladbolg and Redemption trials so far since those are the only ones i want but caladbolg is the same as masamune and some... other... thing. Anyway the trig to pop the nm for the gems needed for these 3 weapons are 2 key items you can get off of the fairy nm and fly nm in abyssea la theine. Sadly the wiki for her is very vague and I haven't fought em myself. As for chloris buds no one knows where they hell they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonstrifeLEV View Post
                          I've only been looking into Caladbolg and Redemption trials so far since those are the only ones i want but caladbolg is the same as masamune and some... other... thing. Anyway the trig to pop the nm for the gems needed for these 3 weapons are 2 key items you can get off of the fairy nm and fly nm in abyssea la theine. Sadly the wiki for her is very vague and I haven't fought em myself. As for chloris buds no one knows where they hell they come from.

For the Chloris Buds, my limbus leader has been getting them off of chests in Abyssea - Tahrongi Canyon, but I think you need to kill a fair amount of mobs and pop the high tier chests for that.
                          Originally posted by Van Wilder
                          Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                          No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                          Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                          I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Damn. well at least I know where they are now. "sharing" the drops though is gonna be a pain.

Comment

Regarding the chests, to gain the time you seem to have to open select blue chests with the key you purchase from the vendor who sells armour, cost is 500 Cruor per key. Black and gold chests seem to be items, have half a dozen Adaman Barbutas, a scroll of Stone V, and a couple of Baramnesia or however it's spelled in addition to high end crafting materials and VNM pop items.
                              How do you get the time chests? I’ve heard (I think from this topic and from random peeps) that you need magic to be the final blow to get Azure light. Does it sort of work like chaining though? Last night we went in an alliance with I think 2 Blms and 2 pups (me as 1 of the pups). I guess some of the melees have listening problems and after every 3-5 kills one would ‘accidently’ WS the mob to death. Once that happens do you need to build up magic kills again or are you solid when Azure light comes back?

Got no time extensions
                              1 chest with 1000 curor (maybe more that I missed)
                              1 chest with 1250 xp (maybe more that I missed)
                              Some chests with Temp items.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                              -Verth (90) Completed!!
                              -Guttler (95) Completed!
                              -Aegis just started

Comment

I'm in the same meh-boat as Romyro...

1st Experience - 90min 18 person Alliance and got about 30k experience. Maybe got 1-2 time extensions. People really just going nuts. DD's making killshots and we got several temp. item chests, few Xp chests, couple cruor a few item chests but I didn't know what was in them.

2nd Experience - 90min 17-18 people. Bit more organized but only came out with 6-7k xp. Mages made almost all the killshots. We didn't even see a chest until about 45min -1hr into it. Got 2 time extensions, 1-2 item chests, 1-2Xp chests, 1-2 Cruor...

All told between the 2 times, I had just under 7k Cruor. For the life of me I have no idea what we were doing wrong. First time where we really had no game plan was way way better. People in my social LS have gotten some epic numbers but both times were pretty meh compared to the numbers posted here and what others in my LS have gotten.
                                FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                                FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                                aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X