Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pandy Warden Killed last night!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
    All of those things are against the rules and will get you in trouble.
    Yes, but if SE turned a blind eye to those things, would the playerbase look kindly upon them?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sabaron
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    ...They botted HNMs, MPKed whenever possible, even went so far as to steal jailors by dragging UFOs on other alliances...
    All of those things are against the rules and will get you in trouble. You can't compare those tactics to these for that very reason.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mog
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    dragging UFOs on other alliances.
    Now that's messed up...

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    "However you get it done is the right way" is an interesting cop-out.

    I remember LSes on Titan using that rationale. They botted HNMs, MPKed whenever possible, even went so far as to steal jailors by dragging UFOs on other alliances.

    All in the name of "getting it done." Some of them got banned, some of them turned out to be friends of mine.

    Doesn't mean I shed one tear for them, though.

    Getting it done by a certain means just because it works does not mean you'll earn respect at the end of the day. Some of us still value challenge and respecting others just as much as winning. Endgame turns into a series of pitstops only because some people want it that way, some of us don't look at a fight as the obstacle, but the main event.

    Not saying you're like that TGM, but I've heard that term thrown around by all the wrong people before.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 01-17-2009, 08:41 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Elitist? For thinking that logging completely out of the game when you're supposed to be fighting a monster that you WANTED to fight is kinda stupid? Okay, that's kinda laughable. Congrats to them for killing it, but come on, SE did not intend this and we all fucking know it.

    I've fought this mob before and while Astral Flow sucks ass, it really wasn't difficult at all to get to the final form. Getting a PW popset is hard, sure, but getting to the final form of this mob is easy enough that I'm sure any other linkshell can get there with enough time to play around and see what they can possibly do to get around it. But no, the FFXI community as a whole is going to take the easy way out and just use this log off method instead of trying to figure something else out that actually makes some sort of sense.

    To me, this is NO different than the wall of justice, and I'm sure it will be patched.

    Do I care that this other linkshell beat it before mine? Hardly. We don't care about PW, just had a member who was quitting and had a popset and that was his sendoff, so we did it. The drops are kinda lame at best, and the effort required is too much for the end result (seems to be a trend with SE lately). Pretty much all of us are more interested in upgrading mythics than killing PW, especially the more we learn about the mob.

    I'll stand by what I said. Logging off to avoid something, when there is probably a better method of doing so in the game already, is stupid.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sabaron
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Feba View Post
    Guys, did I just break the thread?
    No, you just made me laugh.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Feba, you know they are because you do it on purpose.
    Only as much as you do.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Feba View Post
    I love you too, GrandMom.
    Feba, you know they are because you do it on purpose.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    I try not to encourage Feba's asinine comments
    I love you too, GrandMom.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yellow Mage
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    That was clever, Ninja, and I had thought of it, too. The only thing was I was pointing out the use of said defense, which Sabaron had taken fondly to at the time but not so much recently as it would seem.

    Leave a comment:


  • Clever Ninja
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Was I the only one that thought of the Chewbacca defense when YM brought up Air Bud? Seriously, that shit fit in there perfectly <_<.

    I DUB THEE, THE AIR BUD DEFENSE. Now I need to photoshop Bud onto Edgeworth's body...

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    I try not to encourage Feba's asinine comments but I get a kick out of other people doing it. Then when he gets really annoying they all start whining about him.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yellow Mage
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
    You're insane...
    Yes, but that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Just because you cannot see the insight does not mean you should come at me with bitter words like "vomit" and "cat." (Yes, this is the internet, cats are bitter now.)

    That, my friend, would be a true case of Sour Grapes.

    ADD: Feba.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feba For This Useful Post:
    Sabaron (Today), Yellow Mage (Today)
    Guys, did I just break the thread?

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Feba View Post
    Sure, but I doubt they mean "As soon as you use up your MP, and until you're ready to spam nukes again" and the like.
    A break is a break, whether you are out of mp, hp, patience, whatever. They aren't going to be against taking a break.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X