Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pandy Warden Killed last night!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sabaron
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Armando View Post
    ...swapping players in and out of alliances is a gray area, I guess...
    How is it "gray"?

    Being a gray area would indicate that some GMs have booted people for swapping alliance members and some have not. Since, to my knowledge, no one has ever been chastised by an SE employee for swapping someone out of an alliance, it would be considered a white or allowed activity.

    Leave a comment:


  • Balfree
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by hexx View Post
    But doesnt AF hit everyone in range regardless of alliance status?
    What Armando said.

    I don't think its too avantgarde for most LSs out there...

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Equip swaps are legit, swapping players in and out of alliances is a gray area, I guess. But SE's never done anything about it before, have they?
    But doesnt AF hit everyone in range regardless of alliance status?
    Even if it did, just keep the other alliance out of range.

    It's too bad SE makes it totally unfeasable to make elemental resistance sets because most pieces of gear provide piss-poor bonuses, making it hard to have inventory for 1 elemental resistance set, let alone 8.

    Leave a comment:


  • hexx
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    But doesnt AF hit everyone in range regardless of alliance status?

    Leave a comment:


  • Balfree
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Im sorry if this sounds completely retarded.

    Wouldnt a seperate party/alliance on the spot be enough to take over when the main alliance gets hit by AF?

    Logging off solves many "problems" you run into ingame but doesnt sound like something SE wants you to do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Caspian
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Equip swaps are an exploit?
    I don't think I've met a RDM or BLM who didn't exploit the game then.

    I did know of several LS's who used to have their blm's nuke their hearts out, then log to reset hate on Tiamat back when he was originally being taken down.

    AV is just SE's idea of a giant middle finger.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I don't recall exploiting anything when we killed Tiamat the other night, nor did we exploit any game mechanics in Dynamis.
    Really? No swapping players in and out of alliances, or changing equipment to suit the moment?

    Leave a comment:


  • ShepardG
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    I agree,

    It can't have been SE's Idea to Logoff to avoid a move that a monster does. There is a way to kill it, that at the most would take 2 hrs, and not require 40+ People.

    If the pop items didn't go bye-bye when you spawned it, it would definetly lend it's self to actually doing what SE intended, which was figuring it (how to kill it) out.

    I'll give them Congrat's because they did kill it, but when I put that title up in my FFxi Hall of Fame....It will have an asterix next to it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    I don't recall exploiting anything when we killed Tiamat the other night, nor did we exploit any game mechanics in Dynamis. Perhaps some linkshells use that kind of cheap trick, but we actually don't. We rely on actual (GASP!) player skill to take down some of the biggest NMs in the game, and we can't be bothered with AV and PW because we haven't got the time - or the desire - to work through countless stupid "tricks" in order to find which one works.

    Logging off doesn't require any skill. Tons of coordination, sure, but /logoff really isn't hard, even the newbies master this early. I don't know why nobody seems to realize this. I really don't think it's any better than the "wall of justice" trick, clearly this is not the intended way to go about killing this mob. Do I know what is? Of course not. But logging off? Pretty sure that's incorrect, just like wall of justice and zerg tactics on AV were.

    What also makes me laugh are the people who say, "Finally!" Finally? It's been out like a year. Really not that long, for a game in which one mob has been - and will continue to be - unbeatable "as intended." Just a minor annoyance, I suppose. But still fairly lol-worthy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nuriko
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    I think there might have been a wild rabbit in West Ronfaure ... but I can't be sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    When was the last time the FFXI community killed anything without exploiting game mechanics?

    Leave a comment:


  • Yellow Mage
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    SE intended for us to have to LOG OFF of the game to kill a monster? SERIOUSLY?
    Maybe they did that as a reminder that people should log off of the game more than once every 18 hours.

    (bad joke, I know, please don't hurt me . . . )

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    There's apparently a discussion on Alla that basically states that the way they did it was an "exploit" of sorts, because it surely was never intended for you to log off in order to kill it. People on BG are absolutely against this ... but fucking shit, it's TRUE. SE intended for us to have to LOG OFF of the game to kill a monster? SERIOUSLY?

    I like reading BG but fucking shit, sometimes they are batshit retarded.

    I'm going to stand by my statement that there's a better way. We are not going to recruit an extra alliance of people to kill this damn thing, which is what it requires.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    I don't think Yellow Liquid suggestion was beyond the realm of reason. I'd probably stall a transformation if people were throwing bottles of pee at me, too. First, bottles hurt... then there's the pee.

    Mammet: Shit, they have bottles of piss, I... I... I can't change back to a BLM now!!! Ugh.

    As for how they actually beat it... not much details aside from "we logged hate for AF" toward the end of the fight. And then a lot of congratulating Apathy LS for winning the fight.

    I'm not going to bother boning up on BGtardese to decipher the rest of the conversation going on there.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 01-17-2009, 07:57 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Balfree
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    I must say Malacite... wouldnt it be really funny that something from another expansion worked on a mob from a totally seperate expansion after SE keeps mentioning that you dont need the other expansions to play any of the remaining ones?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X