Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pandy Warden Killed last night!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clever Ninja
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    He's seriously been living at Isla's section at BG, no lie. If it weren't so damn hilarious I'd pull myself away from reading there <_<.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    I know, where's Callisto when you need him?

    Leave a comment:


  • Clever Ninja
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    I like where this thread is going; away from its original topic.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Takes me at least a six pack before I'm looking at chicks, probably 12 before I'm into ugly chicks. Figure out for yourself what that means.

    Leave a comment:


  • Clever Ninja
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
    In the pursuit of justice, this thread is now about whether you'd logout if Pandy Warden morphed into an ugly chick before you hit Beer 4.
    Aks, you skipped this. I KNOW you read it. Come on now. TGM played along.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Well put, Ziero. I agree.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziero
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    It's not just logging for a few seconds to clear hate. It's logging off nearly a minute, maybe several, to be sure that the astral flow hits only a few people. How can you say that's a fair fight? That's like hiding.
    As a career Thf, I must ask: What's wrong with hiding? :p

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    /See, thats the type of bullshit I'm talking about. Why do you feel the need to impose your stratagies on other people? Why can't someone be different than you and it be ok? You are basically saying "I'm better than you because I it this way because you are doing it wrong." Again, just more elitest bs.
    It's not really "imposing", but more like many people feel it's a hollow victory. Sort of like how people used to beat some CoP Missions (i.e. Mammets...and apparently Diabolos) by using the CS trick. It was still a victory, and they still got the reward...but you used abnormal game mechanics to do so. As someone who has never used that trick, but has won (both fights) repeatedly, I can't help but sit and think "well that ain't right". And apparently SE felt the same way as they nerfed those tricks. It's not people saying "that's the wrong way to do it, you shouldn't do that evar!" it's more along the lines of people saying "that can't be the right way to win because that's kind of cheating". Which no matter how you try and spin it, removing yourself from the gameworld to avoid an in-game attack is in effect cheating the system.

    But no matter what any of us ever say, it'll ultimately be SE's call on whether it will be allowed or not.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    ROFL! Ugly chick/guy before beer 4.......absolutely not....

    UNLESS its near closing time and you've recently just got off work and only had time to slam 4, then anything goes!

    Now beer 10, ya I'd do an ugly guy after beer 10 cause I'd be bombed out of my mind......near comatose I believe!


    Ok...I'm outta here! LOL I need to go downtown and buy some wong tong slabs for my mooncakes!

    /em zips off into obscurity!

    Leave a comment:


  • Clever Ninja
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    TGM, you didn't answer my pressing question. YES OR NO TO UGLY CHICK BEFORE BEER 4. Being that you are of the female persuasion I will grant you the courtesy of after Beer 10.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Szkol View Post
    You must be confused- I don't really know how to say it any clearer, and sorry, but there's not an example identical to this one.


    Bots is CHEATING- it's a hack, use of 3rd party software , explicity against the ToS. Not the same thing at all, since I continue to say (ineffectually it seems) that this is not about violating the ToS.
    Umm....why are you taking my post and quoting me out of context? I'm not confused about the rules, I know exactly what they are and logging hate is not against the rules. It's only against the "rules" of a bunch of people that think they know better.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mog
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    If you are a BLM and you need to log hate because your PLD can't keep it, your PLD sucks.
    That's not always true. A PLD can be capped on hate and still lose it if a BLM develops enough hate and dmg w/o hate logging. If your BLM's nuke at a slow pace, then it probably wouldn't be an issue, but I still see logging hate as being a more efficient way to get rid of a decent amount of hate and start nuking again in a short period of time.

    P.S. This whole thread sucks.
    Last edited by Mog; 01-20-2009, 10:56 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Szkol
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    /confused

    And they do put those type of rules in place or we would be using bots and other things to obtain our prizes.



    Again, a very flawed example. You say it yourself......."rules". Logging out to shed hate and avoid getting killed is not against the rules. You are comparing something that is against something that is not.

    You must be confused- I don't really know how to say it any clearer, and sorry, but there's not an example identical to this one.


    Bots is CHEATING- it's a hack, use of 3rd party software , explicity against the ToS. Not the same thing at all, since I continue to say (ineffectually it seems) that this is not about violating the ToS.


    As for the RULES- I think I've made it very clear that noone really believe this is a ToS violation. That's not what this is about. This is about respect. And I'm not comparing something that is against the rules to something that is not- you brought up bots, you brought up cheating. I thought I was making myself clear that this wasn't about the rules when I said "While I understand this does not violate the ToS..." at the beginning of every sentence.

    In 2000 Bush lost the popular election and became president anyways. LOADS of people thought it was bullshit. That was not about a rules violation, just like this is not about a rules violation. It was about being a cheap shot, like this is about being a cheap shot.


    You keep asking WHY OH WHY DOES EVERYONE UPSET NOW??? I gave you an answer, and thought I explained it very clearly, several times. You don't have to like the answer for it to be the right answer. For you, logging to beat a fight is an acceptable tactic. For myself, this is not an acceptable tactic. We hold ourselves to different standards, that's all.

    For the sake of due diligence I'll give it one last shot, though I don't think it will do any good:

    I do solemnly swear that the victory of Apathy over Pandemonium Warden was in no way in violation of the Terms of Service or any otherwise specified rules. However, it is my my feeling and opinion that this is a victory in name only, as the means by which this victory was obtained is not in keeping with the spirit of the objective at hand.


    To anyone responsible for the defeat of PW: grats- you made it further than anyone else has, whether I agree with your tactics or not.
    ______________________________
    Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
    In the pursuit of justice, this thread is now about whether you'd logout if Pandy Warden morphed into an ugly chick before you hit Beer 4.

    THREAD GOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Yes-

    Unlike FFXI, ugly chicks are definitely NOT a game- This has now turned into a battle between your carnal needs and your self-respect.
    Last edited by Szkol; 01-20-2009, 10:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

    Leave a comment:


  • Clever Ninja
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    In the pursuit of justice, this thread is now about whether you'd logout if Pandy Warden morphed into an ugly chick before you hit Beer 4.

    THREAD GOOOOOOOOOOOO.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    I also don't care if I'm called elitist. I know where I stand. If you are a BLM and you need to log hate because your PLD can't keep it, your PLD sucks. Not saying the BLMS are entirely innocent, because they should know their limits, but yes, it's pretty lame IMO if you need to log hate.

    CFH ... well, you've got me there. Shouldn't even be ABLE to CFH big NMs. Game flaw, but what can you do?

    Still, logging this fight is a lot different than logging a JoL or Tiamat because you're on BLM and you overnuked. We're talking about entire alliances logging out. Not just one or two people. And people who log hate on JoL aren't trying to avoid Primal Drill. They're just getting their name off the hate list so they can come right back in and nuke the shit out of the gd thing. Not the same strategy here.

    EDIT: Much appreciated TGM.
    Last edited by Aksannyi; 01-20-2009, 10:43 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Oh and PS can we have the auto-resize for huge images back? I hate scrolling to read posts.
    My best suggestion for you is to PM an admin about it. Mods have little to do with it and admins are rarely around so we don't really have it much different than the rest of you. lol We have to PM them also.

    PING: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pri...p?do=newpm&u=1

    AKosygin: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pri...=newpm&u=71639

    TaskMage: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pri...=newpm&u=93745

    I always try to keep my pictures around the 500 pixel range but I know not everyone does.

    EDIT: Fyi, I resized the picture I think you are talking about.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X