Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ding dong the Witch is dead!

Cue Munchkin singing
    I see lots of posts talking about all the bad things going on in the world, thought we needed a thread with something great.
    So, major win for the U.S. and the terrorism hating world at large.
    Chalk one up for the good guys.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Re: Ding dong the Witch is dead!

The witch is dead, but her limbs are still shaking.

I like the way they framed the picture of his dead body in gold. Who's wall are they going to hang that on?

Comment

Have to say I'm impressed at how recognizable he is after two 500 lb. bombs.
      I'm sure someone will eventually take his place. More than anything I think this is a HUGE morale booster.
      Was talking to a friend that takes GREAT interest in politics and the war and stuff. (He used to work for the ACLJ) He told me that they're starting to run out of suicide bombers. Having trouble recruiting new ones, and since its a one time thing I guess you could say they have a lot of 'on the job accidents'.

Comment

I'll keep it simple

/cheer

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
        Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
        Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
        Susan>> Just smaller.
        [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
        [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
        Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
        [GM]Dave>> ...
        [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
          Cue Munchkin singing
          I see lots of posts talking about all the bad things going on in the world, thought we needed a thread with something great.
          So, major win for the U.S. and the terrorism hating world at large.
          Chalk one up for the good guys.
          Don't get overtly impressed, please.

Don't get me wrnog, I think it's a good thing Musab al-Zarqawi is dead. However, that changes practically nothing for now. But, to gloat over another man's loss and your own victory is foolish-anyone who does such will lose eventually.

Musab al-Zarqawi was alive after the 2 500lb bombs hit, long enough to see the face of the soldiers of the nation that destroyed him. And now, he'll tell his god that the big bad devil kicked his effing @ss...

Comment

Hehe, well Draco it does mean that they will have to find a new figure head and leader. Plus we dont know whatelse was found with him? What further intel we can gather from whatever survived the bombings. Fox and friends said that the reason that 2 500 pound bombs were used was cause they believed the buildings were reenforced somehow.

I think this is a great victory for the US and its allies, shows that there is progress....slow progress but progress none the less.

RNG67 BRD66 THF55 NIN35 WHM31 RDM35 WAR24 PLD30

Comment

Originally posted by qaitakalnin
              Hehe, well Draco it does mean that they will have to find a new figure head and leader. Plus we dont know whatelse was found with him? What further intel we can gather from whatever survived the bombings. Fox and friends said that the reason that 2 500 pound bombs were used was cause they believed the buildings were reenforced somehow.

I think this is a great victory for the US and its allies, shows that there is progress....slow progress but progress none the less.
              They'll have to find a new figurehead and leader!? Hello!? Don'tchya think that they probably would plan for such, I mean we are talking about the most powerful terrorist organization of today-the one group that managed (or nearly managed... depending on who you talk to) to bring America to her knees on 9/11 practically. Chances are, someone from the inside of al Qaeda ratted him out. He's not exactly best friends with UBL or Zawahiri, but rivals really.

Listen, I really do NOT want to downplay this event because I-probably more than most around here-am glad to see one major player dead in the WoT. I just think we need to play this safe for now and while we should be happy-we need to remain on our fee, especially since various liberals (as I predicted in my blog) are already using his death as an excuse to leave Iraq.

(Edit: If I had it my way, we'd of dropped 1 500lb bomb then a napalm bomb on that unsafe house of his.)

Comment

If we had our way, there would be a nuclear holocaust in Afghanistan. Sure, the free world would be pissed, but Terrorism would be gone and no one would fu** with America for the next 20 years.

(Just re-read that)

Ok, maybe the ends do not justify the means, but what good is being the most powerful nation of the Democratic Free World, with the untapped potential of nuclear physics, and not using it on enemies that successfully launched an attack on our home land?

When was the last time American soil was attacked by enemies? (thinks) Ok, not World War 1 so. . . . The friggin War of 1812?

Ah well, I suppose by being in full-on war, we're sending a message, but too many lives have been put at stake during this war, when it could have ended.

(However, I d k if even Dubya could sleep at night knowing he Green Lighted the extinction of a culture).

The more my radical side would have liked to see this war end 4 years and tens of thousands of troops ago, my sensible side is telling me that playing God via mass-extinction is wrong.

But I'm sure the parents of soldiers who died think different =/

So. . Hooray America. =/
                The Tao of Ren
                FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                Originally posted by Kaeko
                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Lol, glad I could make the sig WM3k
                  I know that strategically this doesn't change much, but it is a huge morale boost, and thats what we need right now. Things are going better than a lot of the media would have you believe and its good to have this kind of frontpage news. I can practically guarantee that Bush's approval rating will jump up by atleast 5 points this week. Funny, that nothing has really changed, but stuff like this makes a big impact in the general poulations mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                    Lol, glad I could make the sig WM3k
                    I know that strategically this doesn't change much, but it is a huge morale boost, and thats what we need right now.
                    No doubt we need a morale boost here at home. But Bush could of done loads better on the morale boost from the get. He could of gone on campaigns across America to give the people morale boosts-and he did do it sometimes, but not once a true campaign he went on.

Things are going better than a lot of the media would have you believe and its good to have this kind of frontpage news.
                    Haha, you're joking right? The MSM frontpage is along the lines of "Bush murdered, al-Zarqawi is dead" figuratively speaking (hopely you catch my drift). They aren't going to put what IS on the frontpage, only what they want on there.

I can practically guarantee that Bush's approval rating will jump up by atleast 5 points this week. Funny, that nothing has really changed, but stuff like this makes a big impact in the general poulations mindset.
                    I couldn't care less what his approval ratings are. The opinion of a thousand people mean nothing to me.

Double Post Edited:
                    Originally posted by WishMaster3K
                    If we had our way, there would be a nuclear holocaust in Afghanistan. Sure, the free world would be pissed, but Terrorism would be gone and no one would fu** with America for the next 20 years.

(Just re-read that)

Ok, maybe the ends do not justify the means, but what good is being the most powerful nation of the Democratic Free World, with the untapped potential of nuclear physics, and not using it on enemies that successfully launched an attack on our home land?

When was the last time American soil was attacked by enemies? (thinks) Ok, not World War 1 so. . . . The friggin War of 1812?

Ah well, I suppose by being in full-on war, we're sending a message, but too many lives have been put at stake during this war, when it could have ended.

(However, I d k if even Dubya could sleep at night knowing he Green Lighted the extinction of a culture).

The more my radical side would have liked to see this war end 4 years and tens of thousands of troops ago, my sensible side is telling me that playing God via mass-extinction is wrong.

But I'm sure the parents of soldiers who died think different =/

So. . Hooray America. =/
                    Why have we not won in the WoT? We won in WWII when we put an end to the Japanese and German Imperial culture. The only way we're going to win in the WoT is by putting an end to Mideast culture (not necessarily Islamic/Christian/Judaism). This means mass-extinction. Do the ends justify the means? History has told me it does.

You would be right that Bush doesn't seem to have the guts to greenlight such an action. Does he? I don't know. But I'll tell you this: even if Bush did decide to destroy the mideast en-masse, the world would have their nuclear arms pointed towards us, and if you don't like how the world treats us now-you would be in hell then. Not only that, but the senate would be calling for his impeachment, as well as about half of America (and you thought America was divided now? Right now, division is a joke).

{If you want to know how "extreme" I am, however, here is my blog.)
                    Last edited by Draco Dagon; 06-10-2006, 05:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Draco Dagon
                      Why have we not won in the WoT? We won in WWII when we put an end to the Japanese and German Imperial culture. The only way we're going to win in the WoT is by putting an end to Mideast culture (not necessarily Islamic/Christian/Judaism). This means mass-extinction. Do the ends justify the means? History has told me it does.
                      So you think nuking a country because a dangerous organization is hiding in there is ok? How about you nuke your own damn country so you can get rid of your organized crime? People like you make me sick.

Besides, you (Americans) never applied any kind of mass-extinction against the Germans and the Japanese or the Italians for that matter. Your overly patriotic American nose is probably so deep up your own ass you haven't yet noticed that those peoples are still going strong today.

The nukings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were horribly brutal and completely unnecessary acts. You don't have to fucking drop the bomb right on top of a damn city to demonstrate your power. Japan would surely have surrendered even if the bombs were dropped elsewhere. Self-centered pricks should not have access to nuclear weapons. Period.
                      Last edited by Maju; 06-10-2006, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maju
                        So you think nuking a country because a dangerous organization is hiding in there is ok? How about you nuke your own damn country so you can get rid of your organized crime? People like you make me sick.

Besides, you (Americans) never applied any kind of mass-extinction against the Germans and the Japanese or the Italians for that matter. Your overly patriotic American nose is probably so deep up your own ass you haven't yet noticed that those peoples are still going strong today.

The nukings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were horribly brutal and completely unnecessary acts. You don't have to fucking drop the bomb right on top of a damn city to demonstrate your power. Japan would surely have surrendered even if the bombs were dropped elsewhere. Self-centered pricks should not have access to nuclear weapons. Period.
                        Emo.

Comment

Of course we put an end to two different cultures to bring an end to the second world war, but we also breathed life into new cultures. Cultures that are thriving(with some birth rate and sleep problems), and countries that are doing pretty well(with cannibal and economy problems). I don't believe the word mass extinction should be used here, unless we dropped some sort of meteor that brought about an age of ice and sufficating cold.

Politics is an ugly game to play, and only creates ugly people. As long as there's people out there in the world who believe in a democracy "in theory" they'll hate America. Most America bashers are just Americans who jump head first into foreign cultures then turn around and forsake everything else.

Comment

Tone it down please and keep it civil.
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Never said I thought it is okay,so I suggest you shut up instead of trying to put words into my mouth, because that makes me sick more than anything.

Besides, you (Americans) never applied any kind of mass-extinction against the Germans and the Japanese or the Italians for that matter.
                              Never said we did.

Your overly patriotic American nose is probably so deep up your own ass you haven't yet noticed that those peoples are still going strong today.
                              Germany is weaker today then they were post-WWII. Japan is stronger today because of their competitiveness.

The nukings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were horribly brutal and completely unnecessary acts. You don't have to fucking drop the bomb right on top of a damn city to demonstrate your power.
                              Actually, if you do demonstrate your power-that's exactly what you do, hit the bastard where it hurts. THAT is the first law of war.

Japan would surely have surrendered even if the bombs were dropped elsewhere.
                              Do you even realize surrendering IS a military strategy and has been so since war was first realized? Ever heard of Trojan Horse?

Self-centered pricks should not have access to nuclear weapons. Period.
                              Hmm, if you said Iran should have no nukes-then I might believe you're serious about that.

Double Post Edited:
                              Originally posted by Tsikuro
                              Emo.
                              I wouldn't quite call it emo. Just arrogant.
                              Last edited by Draco Dagon; 06-10-2006, 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X