X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Next-Gen War Continues! (Next-Gen/E3 News? Post it here!)

So yeah.

Sony is retarded... nuff said.
    MPH Code: 2105-2096-0964
    TETRIS DS Code: 540649-893584

Comment

• Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

Oh god, the PS3 is going to be $757.85CAD with tax. I can afford it, but that's just too much...

Comment

• Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

I was planning on getting a PS3 when it came out but yeah i'm not about to drop 600 bones on one. cause if i got one it would have to have the WiFi support and usbs and stuff. oh well if i get one it will be on layaway forever lol j/k.

62THF, 51WAR, 36NIN, 31BLU, 19SAM
        I am the taru that doesn't like any mage class; only brute strength comes from my heart and soul.
        Rank 6
        CoP Mission: The Lost City
        Zilart mission #4

Comment

Oh, Microsoft accidentally slipped a price on the HD-DVD upgrade....200 bucks, which puts it right there next to ps3 in terms of price. I'll have to dig up the direct link later tonight, but you can just go to www.thedigitalbits.com and click the link near the top.
          Serryl, its not that the specs look to be slightly better, its that they blow away the 360. However, software is what sells systems. F*** Nintendo's innovations, I buy their systems for Zelda and Metroid. Period. They have added a lot of innovative things to those games, but what it boils down to is that every one of them has been a lot of fun to play. The "innovation" in the game just adds to that.
          Oh, and I have a 360, I enjoyed like 3 games so far. So far most of the games they've released have been a big letdown. I'm not giving up on the system yet, but they need a few more Oblivions imo.
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

• Re: The Next-Gen War Continues! (Next-Gen/E3 News? Post it here!)

Originally posted by Joester
            So yeah.

Sony is retarded... nuff said.
            can I co-sign this for truth?

It's Official Promathia Hates me....
            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
            A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Serryl
              Heh. Yeah...
              Save $21 dollars a week.
              You still won't be able to get what's REALLY needed for NexGen gaming...
              Which would be the $600 system...
              With tax? Nearly $700...
              With a bundle? Easily $800+...
              Not to mention...if you get the $600 system...No games...No accessories...
              Just a useless DVD player.

And. I'm assuming that anyone here who bashed on the 360 has never played one.
              Sure...the specs might SEEM good for the PS3...But, you won't be able to determine which one is actually better until release...
              Getting the system is the biggest problem. If I were strapped for cash and knew I could save up for the system but I wouldn't be able to get a game right away, I would still do it....at least I would have the system for when I did have the cash for a game or add-ons. And as I said in my previous post "The price for the PS3 isn't for everyone."
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Please forgive if this has been posted already.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/s...ash%20brothers

Princess knocks Marth off the screen for the 5th time
                "Dude I so own you at smash brothers!"
                Announcer: Winner! SNAKE!
                "Wtf? Someone was playing Snake? I never even saw him!"
                "Cheap!"
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Please forgive if this has been posted already.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...mash%20brothers

Princess knocks Marth off the screen for the 5th time
                  "Dude I so own you at smash brothers!"
                  Announcer: Winner! SNAKE!
                  "Wtf? Someone was playing Snake? I never even saw him!"
                  "Cheap!"
                  Holy... crap... Solid Snake + Smash Brothers..

*trades in Xbox360*

Comment

Yep SSB3 is Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Corrently annoucent chars are: Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Meta Knight, Pit (Kid Icarus), Snake(hmm where could he be from), Zero Suit Samas (Metriod Zero misson samas, no suit, just the blue thing) and Wario.

It IS to planned have wifi and online stuff, it WILL NOT be played with motion detection (thank god) and probably will use the GCN controller (better keep a few around lol) and it WILL NOT be a launch title (shame). oh and just a little added bonus: NOBOU UEMATSU IS THE COMPOSER FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!! (err sorry for caps, thats exciting)

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html
                    and
                    http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707620p1.html

PS3 is gonna have to wait for me. Only 3 games interest me so far (FFXIII, FFVXIII and one that wont be announced until E3 '07 most likey, KH3) I just stick with the Wii for now and be very happy . I mean Zelda and Metriod all as launch titles, FF:CC2, finally a new Mario game (and one that could be multiplayer), SSBB, and to top it all off Duck Hunt 2. And this is just the first day of E3.
                    Last edited by Gobo; 05-10-2006, 10:02 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Snake in SSBB 0.o omg lol that is so cool, and some of the new charaters, on top of all the old ones I bet this will be great
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                        Oh, Microsoft accidentally slipped a price on the HD-DVD upgrade....200 bucks, which puts it right there next to ps3 in terms of price. .
                        I noticed that part... everyone just seemed to look right past it.

So 400+200 (how big is their HD-DVD anyway?) vs. 600 Blue-Ray + HD

Heck, Blue-Ray DVD players only are gonna be in the $1000 range to start with... the PS3 is going to be a STEAL at 600... (and it'll come down in the future.)
                        Forget Pebbles.. I'm a Galkan Monk - Give me a Couch to throw!

Comment

I thought M$ didn't announce their HD-DVD player price yet.

Besides the biggest difference is that 360 can't play HD-DVD games . This is what happens when you do an addon. It's through a usb2 cable.

It's a cheap external DVD player...HD style.

Comment

If it is $200, then people should stop complaining about the PS3's price. Not to bash 360, I think it's a fine price at $400. However, a $400 360 plus the $200 HD-DVD addon makes a $600 Xbox 360...and that doesn't include the built-in wireless, +40 GB HDD space or free online gameplay....

Either way, I couldn't give a rat's booty about PS3's price. I think it's well worth it, even if it is very expensive for something to play videogames on. To be honest, I think that making games Blu-Ray only is Sony shooting themselves in the foot at this point. While it would be a sacrifice, I think it would have been a much better plan in the long run to offer a PS3 with a Blu-Ray Drive for $500-600, and a PS3 without a Blu-Ray drive for $300-400.
                            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                            Currently Playing:
                            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K
                              People are so far up Nintendo's asses that they'll give us Legend Of Zelda: Bathroom Adventures, and we'll talk about how revolutionary it is.
                              LMAO that WOULD be innovative though... Link has never taken a dump in a game (even though the CDi games smelled like he did... I bought the CDi back in the day, I'm sure I'm enough of a sucker to buy everything on the table in front of me this go around too)

If it wasn't for FF and GT I wouldn't own a PS period. If Nintendo ever gets a quality RPG (not Zelda action/rpg) they will make a come back. But instead they dump crap on us again and again. With the exception of the FF games there have been a crap load of poop RPGs on the PS as well, but in that crap there have been a few gems too. The problem is we only get one or two RPGs each nintendo release... and they suck.

Any way I'm buying a Wii first and waiting on the XBox and PS3 to drop in price (and for the non-working consoles to get off the shelves)

IGE needs to take the big dirt nap

Comment

dont care if the PS3 can pleasure me at night...I would not pay 600 for it way to much same for 360 400-600 no thanks no way no how
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X