X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Next-Gen War Continues! (Next-Gen/E3 News? Post it here!)

Ok, uhm, basically the controller has 6 degrees of motion. 3 dimensional with x, y and z and pitch, yaw and roll, so that it detects things like turns and jerks and curves and stuff.

It's much different from the RevMote in that it doesn't need to be pointing at something and use that as a point pf reference. I'm sure that you could do the same things, or at least similar. Phil Harison made the duck jump, so I imagine that you could use that for fishing. And with the detection of pitch roll and yaw, flight games and racing games are going to be awsome.

I mean, just looking at my parents play Gran Turismo, they physically turn the controller when they play >.> This'll be right up their alley.

Any other questions, Caspian? It's really quite simple.

Double Post Edited:
    Nice sig, Caspian -.-;
    Last edited by WishMaster3K; 05-09-2006, 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Re: The Next-Gen War Continues! (Next-Gen/E3 News? Post it here!)

Nah, thats it, thanks Ren. And speaking of your parents playing GT. I do the exact same thing. On driving games and some flight sims and stuff. I turn the controller like a steering wheel or flight stick, and sometimes even lean in to the turn. (I'm not kidding about leaning into the turns either. )

EDIT: Lol, just saw your edit. Thanks, it made me laugh out loud when I saw it.
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

Originally posted by Hendrix
        Bread Mage?
        /ma "Yeastga III" Hendrix

<_<
        Kametame
        Server: Lakshmi

75 BLM | 75 SMN | 37 WHM

Summoning Skill 262/269 (ZOMG! 7 to go!)

w/Equips and Merits 304/269

Comment

Since I'm too lazy...
          How about someone go and find out when they will cover FFXI.
          ^.^

|Alchemy: 3|Cooking: 3|Smithing: 1|Fishing: 1|
          ====================

Comment

My friend at the conference mentioned PS3 was the worst demonstration compare to Wi and 360. I'm watching Wi's video right now and i must say the games look a lot more fun than Ps3.
            Zelda >.> {Yes, please}
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
              Zelda >.> {Yes, please}
              Truer words were never spoken.
              What games did they demo for ps3? I'd heard the first batch of games for ps3 were supposed to be much better than 360's first run. I think ps3 will be worth it for me just for ffxiii and a BD player.

Comment

I think the PS3's $600 price tag is enough to knock Sony on their ass.
                Oh yeah...That...and the horrible controller design.
                Whoever came up with that ugly boomerang looking thing must HATE comfort.

|Alchemy: 3|Cooking: 3|Smithing: 1|Fishing: 1|
                ====================

Comment

It is too early to tell. Remember that the same thing was said with the Gamecube back then. I personally find the Wii controller horrible, but i am willing to see how it appeals. Seems to me, that this is Nintendos last card, if they fail to devliver on system like the gc fell short to the ps2 and xbox, i think nintendo will focus on handhelds and software..... Remember that sony knwos alto what they are doing, and these generation the competition should be very tough!

Comment

Originally posted by Serryl
                    Whoever came up with that ugly boomerang looking thing must HATE comfort.
                    Could be that the extra part at the bottom doesn't even go in your hand and is just for looks. I'd have to hold one myself before saying its uncomfortable. Ugly? Hell yes. Uncomfortable? Jury is still out until I can experience it myself.

Comment

• Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

If there is something we all have to learn, is never judge a system by demos, or trailers etc. I still rememeber a game called "stage of emergency" when it was shown in its time at E3 most people were anxiously waiting for the game, it got over hyped and it ended up being a mayor let down.

I am sure Sony will speed up eventually on the show,and even if they dont, that is not a guarantee that the system will not deliver or that the wii will rule etc. We need to actually let the systems go out, see the developers that will support the systems. Also, we know that Wii will offer at core, things like mario, zelda, metroid etc. those are CLASSICS and there is a very well user base and fan base established for those. The ps3 will have FF13, MGS4 etc.. so each system will have its leaps over the rest. This will be interesting!

Comment

• Re: The Next-Gen War Continues! (Next-Gen/E3 News? Post it here!)

HDMI looks about the same as component. It's not essental to play in HDMI, nor will it matter that much. They can choose to do 1080p even though most likely your HDTV can't.

The real advantage of HDMI is in being a secure digital data, that can feed back as well as recieve. It's digital basically.

This has several uses, such as digital audio(yes yes there's already optical out in PS3 anyway) sync, and obviously anti-piracy.

HDMI is probably better just like having a DVI hook up is a lot more easier to color correct then VGA, but really side by side, once it's all set and done, Component is just as good.

I'm debating if I should even get the HDMI since my HDTV doesn't even have it. Eventually I'll replace it but then component isn't going away.

But bascially HDMI =/ HD.

Comment

No, my tv doesn't do 1080p. In fact, I can't even find a tv that does. I looked for a while and 1080i is as high as I could find any. Atleast on Crutchfield's website. I can tell a slight difference in HDMI, but it could just as easily be contributed to me expecting to see it as being better.
                          Does your HDTV not have a DVI hookup either? They have converters for those for cheap. Other than that, I didn't know they even made tv's that didn't have an HDMI or DVI hookup.

Oh, also heard that unless its a really good optical cable with a really good connection, that digital coaxial for sound is better than optical. Have you heard that?

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                            No, my tv doesn't do 1080p. In fact, I can't even find a tv that does. I looked for a while and 1080i is as high as I could find any. Atleast on Crutchfield's website. I can tell a slight difference in HDMI, but it could just as easily be contributed to me expecting to see it as being better.
                            Does your HDTV not have a DVI hookup either? They have converters for those for cheap. Other than that, I didn't know they even made tv's that didn't have an HDMI or DVI hookup.

Oh, also heard that unless its a really good optical cable with a really good connection, that digital coaxial for sound is better than optical. Have you heard that?
                            They exist. Except that most stores choose not to carry one because
                            1: Nothing is outputing at 1080p yet, (cable providers can't afford the bandwith)
                            2: They usually cost $1000 premium.

Coxial vs Optical.
                            Most people that have used it say it's the same quality, but Coxial does lose more quality over long distances and very duriable. So bascially unless you're dragging it 50ft it's not going to matter. On the flip side Optical does not have a ground and can be easy to distort in certain conditions as well as easy to break, a hard pinching and things will ruining it.

The normal, living room experiance won't matter, only big places. I don't expect anyone to have enough interferance to screw up optical, but then hey, xbox360s don't over heat either.

Yea earier(as in pre mid 05) HDTVs do not have HDMI. They have DVI, but not HDMI. They all use component.

Comment

• Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

Originally posted by Serryl
                              I think the PS3's $600 price tag is enough to knock Sony on their ass.
                              So they announced it would have a $600 price tag? Damn, that's expensive.

Comment

According to the info at http://www.us.playstation.com/E3/News/PressReleases/341 it looks like there's a $500 and a $600 option depending on what size HD you want with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X