X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

"Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3?" Peter Moore, a Microsoft vice president, said in an interview. "People are going to buy two (machines.) They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3."
    Taken from here

Comment

• Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

I think the Wii will be interesting to see...
      It all depends on the games, really...
      I don't want to play loads and loads of franchised games, really...
      But, I wanna try the motion sensor controller I've heard about...
      I grow tired of Mario. But, Zelda would be cool.

The design for the Wii looks pretty cool...
      Very snazzy looking.

If it's at least cheaper than the 360 was at launch...
      I'll probably get it...
      I'm sure it won't rack up in the $500-600 price range...
      And, that's a good thing...

I really hope that I won't be forced into buying a DS for the cooler features, though...
      Last edited by Serryl; 05-11-2006, 03:43 PM.

|Alchemy: 3|Cooking: 3|Smithing: 1|Fishing: 1|
      ====================

Comment

Originally posted by Suteru
        Taken from here
        Well then, if a MS VP said it, then it must be true.
        These are the same people who said they would have no problems with a worldwide release of 360, and that HD-DVD would be far superior to BD and that HD-DVD would have no problems with its release either. Its called talking yourself up. Sony is their biggest competition, so they talk them down and try to make them look bad. All companies do it.

I'm not saying he's wrong about the price differences, anyone who passed first grade math could have told you that. Basically they're trying to draw attention to the only thing 360 has on the ps3, the price.
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I agree with Caspian.
          That article really doesn't mean...anything.
          =3

====================

Comment

GJ on loosing the argument, Serryl. Eff you, awsome response. Let's give you some nice humble pie and leave you to your XB360.

I think it's funny how in 2001-2005, XB supporters were adamanat about Graphics.

"GRAFS GRAFS GRAFS!!! GAMES NEED GRAFS!!AWETGAGRGA G aOMGWTFBBQ"

Now, the PS3 comes out and they want to act like their tastes have matured. "Oh no, fine sir. I do believe that it is the gameplay that is most important. Yes, indeed."

Here's a tidbit, Sony pwns the 3rd party developers just because their systems say "Sony" on them. I already posted a rant, but obviously, logic escapes the radars of fanboys -.-

Miscrosoft has done nothing this generation, Microsoft did nothing last generation. In 3 years, when we will finally see decent usage of the systems, the 360 will have already reached critical mass while the PS3 will be RIGHT there to deliver content:

HD Content to your TVs
            HD gaming
            HD functionality in a system
            Expandability due to nature of Cell.

It's about making investments. If I was sure I'd get a good return on my money by buying a 360, i'd do so, but Halo and GTA never pushed my buttons anyway, so anything Microsoft shovels out won't appeal to me. Especially now that Sony has a general better concensus of 3rd party developers, anything on the XB will look better on the PS3 anyway.

By 2009, no m ore analog signals willbe broadcast, by law. THe damned president signed it. Sony is going to be there, where the consumers need it, with a system that was made with the future in mind.

Expect to see the sequal to the 360 in 2009.

Double Post Edited:
            Edit:
            Yes he said it, but he'd rather be in bed with Nintendo and nintendo fans. I hate execs in all shapes and forms, but at least Phil Harrison is a lovable brit (for some reason, I felt more at ease during his segments of the presentation. . . )

And anyway, Microsoft prides itself on being taken out of context.
            Last edited by WishMaster3K; 05-11-2006, 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            The Tao of Ren
            FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
            Originally posted by Kaeko
            As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K
              It's about making investments. If I was sure I'd get a good return on my money by buying a 360, i'd do so, but Halo and GTA never pushed my buttons anyway, so anything Microsoft shovels out won't appeal to me. Especially now that Sony has a general better concensus of 3rd party developers, anything on the XB will look better on the PS3 anyway.
              It's just Halo And DOA4 I suppose, though DOA is more of a fanboy cult of thing, rather then system seller.

GTA is going to be simu release or close enough on all systems.

Whoever gave the idea to GTA tatoo on the M$ Rep is one funny guy.

And most likely Halo3 will be delayed. Bungie likes to delay everything 1.5x I'm not a big Halo fan so I don't really care.

Hopefully the next batch of games is come to 360 soon, need to play something on HD.

Comment

Sony currently dominates the worldwide video game market with a 66 percent share, while Microsoft and Nintendo each hold 17 percent, according to Strategy Analytics. (Ren - That's more than 1.5 Playstations for every Xbox and Gamecube. Keep in mind that the Xbox is now dead in the water, thanks to Microsoft's IMPRESSIVE generational shifting prowess, leaving develops to release games o n the PS2, knowing that they'll still sell. For the amount of people who won't have a PS3, 360 or Wii, this number is encouraging to other developers.)

"We have 100 percent market share of the next-generation, and their job is to take that from us," said Moore. (Ren - That's like Sega stating that same thing when the PS2 wasn't even out yet. Wait a second, who was the exec in charge of launching the Dreamcast!?!? WAIT A SEC!!!! Who is the exec in charge of the Xbox360!?!?!? OH NOEEESSSSS! Uncanny, isn't it?)

"When I think on everything that we've got going right now that is real versus what Sony promises to do six, seven months from now, obviously we feel very good about where we stand."

LOST IN TRANSLATION

Despite Microsoft's head start with the Xbox 360, the software giant still faces an uphill climb in Sony and Nintendo's home turf.

Microsoft received a tepid response to its Xbox 360 debut in Japan and demand fell short of expectations during last year's holiday season when it sold about 100,000 machines.
                (Ren - Name me one system that suceeded without winning all the territories. NA is the biggest market for gaming right now, but it's divided. With Sony and Nintendo at an advantage in Japan, people who buy wacky games like Train Simulations, Microsoft still doesnt understand the equation needed to move units in the Land of The Rising Sun.)

The company introduced a competitively priced console in Japan, but some of its game titles did not appeal to Japanese gamers. Moore expects upcoming role-playing games like "Lost Odyssey" and "Blue Dragon" from the creator of the popular "Final Fantasy" series to do well in Japan.

"Quite frankly," said Moore, "if we're sitting here a year from now and things continue to fall flat, then we might say 'we don't know what to do anymore."'(Ren- I can only hope that Jesus loves me that much. Although Microsoft did give a decent facade of competition this generation. It means that Sony can't slack off anymore.)
                The market includes what is still being used at the time. The market includes the PS2, Gamecube, Xbox360 and the Xbox. Even with the 360, Microsoft still only holds 17% of market share. Publishers see numbers, Developers are told numbers, developers produce numbers.

I can't blame you, however, Serryl. You simply made a bad investment. No one likes to admit that. This war is fought out over the course of years, not months, and Sony is here to stay for those years. Please understand that.

Double Post Edited:
                Is it just me, or does Peter Moore look like he could be Satan incarnate?
                Last edited by WishMaster3K; 05-11-2006, 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Lost what arguement?
                  I'm no fanboy.
                  I like what I like.
                  Fuck you, asshole.

====================

Comment

Originally posted by Serryl
                    Lost what arguement?
                    I'm no fanboy.
                    I like what I like.
                    Fuck you, asshole.
                    Dude if you can't keep it civil even in a disagreement.. keep it to PM's or leave.
                    You've been warned.

You were posting well up until then.
                    It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                    A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

I want him to use all caps in frustration at the realization that his argument is weak.

Stealing my fun, Taz-sama!!! >.<!!!!!!!

Ok, I'll lighten up.

Perhaps I was a bit to harsh(/opinionate)

I'll try harder in the future to not provoke lude language.
                      The Tao of Ren

Comment

That was hardly a disagreement...
                        I was getting bashed(again, might I add)...

If the rules of this forum were easily accessable(I still haven't found them anywhere)...
                        Then I'm sure I would've read the part about:
                        "You can get bashed...But can't rightfully curse at someone who is bashing you."...
                        And, I wouldn't have posted what I did...

Annyywaayy.

====================

Comment

Coulda bashed me back if you were so strong in your opinion that you used profanity. For argument's sake, I've only took speculation that is more or less derived from the current trend of the market, the influence of the market, and how supporters are seeking something that won't be obsolete before the generation is over.

You obviously have your own opinions, so please, that was a n open invitation to some counter-critisism from an oppositely poised objective critic.

I never cursed at you or called you anything derogatory. Profanity was uncalled for.
                          The Tao of Ren

Comment

Miscrosoft has done nothing this generation, Microsoft did nothing last generation. In 3 years, when we will finally see decent usage of the systems, the 360 will have already reached critical mass while the PS3 will be RIGHT there to deliver content:

HD Content to your TVs
                            HD gaming
                            HD functionality in a system
                            Expandability due to nature of Cell.
                            Woah, 720P isn't HD enough anymore?

I'd argue that the XBLA is one of the best things to happen to video games in recent years. At their press conference, MS announced that they have partnered with over 100 indie developers. I'm pretty excited to get some more cheap, simple gaming on. I would imagine that Sony will have something similar on the PS3, and I'll be happy to support that once it's in my hands.

I think it's funny how in 2001-2005, XB supporters were adamanat about Graphics.

"GRAFS GRAFS GRAFS!!! GAMES NEED GRAFS!!AWETGAGRGA G aOMGWTFBBQ"

Now, the PS3 comes out and they want to act like their tastes have matured. "Oh no, fine sir. I do believe that it is the gameplay that is most important. Yes, indeed."

Here's a tidbit, Sony pwns the 3rd party developers just because their systems say "Sony" on them. I already posted a rant, but obviously, logic escapes the radars of fanboys -.-
                            I wasn't an XBOX supporter in 2001-2005, I never owned one. My tastes? Exactly the same. There is some fun to be had on all three boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Suteru
                              -Wii pretty much stole the show. Though what if someone walked in on you playing a game? You'd look crazy. But I've heard it'll start at $250, not sure on the truth of that, but if it is, good news for Nintendo.
                              Nintendo's earliest number crunching said the maximum of $200, and they're still trying to lower it to $150.

Gogo Wii! :D
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Etra
                                Nintendo's earliest number crunching said the maximum of $200, and they're still trying to lower it to $150.

Gogo Wii! :D
                                O.O; Where?

Comment

Working...
                                X