X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

Originally posted by WishMaster3K
    :
    A Mainstream FF with a female lead. Might be interesting. It's never been done before, that's for sure.
    FFVI

It's Official Promathia Hates me....
    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
    A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

• Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

Originally posted by Caspian
      So is it going to come with the wiimote and a regular controller? Or are they counting on people already have GCN controllers? Many they should really incorporate the light gun into this. Old school ftw.
      The Wiimote+Nunchucku will come packaged with the Wii, but the "classic" controller is sold seperatly (if I understood what as said in that video interview on IGN with the exec lady). My guess is that they aren't perfectly sure how they are going to do it atm, but its definate that SSBB isnt played via motion sensing.
      sigpic
      Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

GamesIndustry.biz has always has a very fair and objective view on the industry. I like their editorials and reports, especially this one.

I hate reading Moore interviews. He's such a friggin Nazi retard. He can't see the writing on the wall because he hasn't taken his head out of his own rectum.
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Not a bad show overall if uneventful for the few surprises so far.

-Okami looks freaking great.

-Wii so far has had the best showing.

-PS3 is incredibly expensive, but it'll drop over time and for a single 20-something I've got the extra cash floating around. Not to mention I'd pay in blood for games like MGS4 or VF5, though since they come in 2007 I'll wait till then. At least online will be free, cause I can't imagine paying a monthly/yearly subscription after all the initial costs.

-XBOX got another Halo 3 trailer that looked great, but I'm dissapointed in Shadowrun. Not alot showcased here, but the Mistwalker stuff and Gears of War was definitely the highlight for me.

-Game of the Show or perhaps trailer of the show was definitely Metal Gear Solid 4. Crysis was also a great showcase, and that Heavy Rain trailer for adventure players looked good as well.

Comment

for anyone that has not seen it, this is the classic controler, for emulation and Gamecube backwards play (or you can use a GC controler)

4 shoulder buttons 4 action buttons, rumble, same amount as Dual shock
            Attached Files
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Solidsnake in SSBB? o__o;;; Wow, I never saw that coming. lol I'm so excited now! ><

I guess I know what I'll be doing with my money (besides paying for next semester's books) this summer. :3
              sigpic

Comment

A Mainstream FF with a female lead. Might be interesting. It's never been done before, that's for sure.
                *cough*FFX-2*cough*

Edit
                @ Blackjack
                You weren't the only one disappointed with Shadowrun...
                >.<
                It also kinda sucks that The Darkness is FPS...
                Sure. FPS are great games...
                But, there are WAAAY too many for the 360 already...
                Granted, ESIV was a brilliant game...And, GRAW is okay, too.

I saw the trailer for Halo 3...
                Me and my brother were cracking on it.
                xD
                It doesn't tell you...well...anything!
                It's just like. "There's a new Halo game. You're going to buy it because you like Halo. Look at these flashy images. Woooooo!"
                Halo is an alright game, I guess. Not the FPS powerhouse that everyone claims it to be. I'd rather play CS anyday.
                Last edited by Serryl; 05-12-2006, 05:28 AM.

|Alchemy: 3|Cooking: 3|Smithing: 1|Fishing: 1|
                ====================

Comment

Wow, I agree, Serryl. Halo is a pretty decent game, but not the overrated FPS masterpiece that it is made out to be. I wrote a review on it when someone challenged me by saying "the only critique you have on Halo 2 is that the rendering takes a split second. Lame."

My rebuttal consisted of 3 typed Word pages.

And FFX2 "could" be considered mainstream, but it was generally for a target audience to test the waters. I played it, but never got into it, actually. Although most of my friends played and beat it, I couldn't be bothered.

Regardless, it's impressive to see the creators branching out to a wider audience.

And on what Etra said:
                  It's sad that the money I save from my summer job will be going to PS3 and not books in the fall. Unless I can spend a grand total of $50 on books from ebay again
                  The Tao of Ren
                  FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                  Originally posted by Kaeko
                  As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I dunno.
                    Personally...
                    I'm sexist when it comes to video games.
                    I'd much rather have the hero be a dude...Not a chick.
                    >.<;;
                    I first discovered this when I was playing FFT(My favorite FF)...
                    All of my party consisted of Males...Except for Alga, my Holy Knight.

====================

Comment

Yes, Solid Snake in SSBB is going to be fun. Apparantly, Kojima had begged Sakurai to put Snake into SSBM, but they were already too far into development.^^

I'm pretty pumped that Pit's in there, too.

Comment

Here's a link to the trailer for FFXIII if it hasn't been posted.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2649

Comment

Originally posted by Matera
                          Here's a link to the trailer for FFXIII if it hasn't been posted.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2649

my.....god.....*faints*
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

• Re: FFXIOnline.com 2006 E3 SquareEnix news report

Okay, all the E3 threads will be moved later tonight to a different section.

To generally report for FFXI Online, the Final Fantasy XI section was smaller with a few more contest and them promoting the new expansion.

The Square Enix booth was mainly promoting Final Fantasy VII Compilation, and revealing the new FFXIII (13). I only have one word for the FFXIII: Wow.

Final Fantasy XIII is set to be on the PS3 and you can no longer tell the difference between battle and cinamatic mode. I was quite impressed. I'll have pictures for all of you later.
                            Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Wow.
                              The battle sequence was really awesome.
                              I gotta say, though...
                              I don't like the main character...
                              I guess I don't really have that much of a beef with a female lead...
                              But...At least make her seem more attractive...
                              I wouldn't touch that chick with a 10 foot pole.
                              xD

====================

Comment

That's like telling Joe Mad to just "Draw different" after being established in his own style. Nomura has drifted to a more futuristic techno-punk look, and it's suited him so far.
                                It's not like telling someone to draw in a completely different style. It's like telling someone that is drawing the exact same thing over and over with slightly different details (hair and skin tones) that they need to actually draw something creative. From that character design it looks like Nomura basically recycled Yuna and slapped Ashe's hair and clothing on it.
                                Happy happy gogo Mana is full of

http://www.dawnlinkshell.com

Comment

Working...
                                X